Your Official Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread - MORE STAT PADIN. Vale Pacers, Bucks

Which old-school showdown would pique your interest most?

• Trading insults like it was 2008-12 again - LeBron vs Celtics, the re-re-match

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Blowing in the wind - LeBron vs PG13, Lance and the Pacers

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Gilbert Arenas Memorial Shootout- Cavs vs Wizards

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Good Guys dress in Black - Celtics/Wizards, Round III

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • The Jimmy Butler Superstar Cup - Celtics vs Bulls ft. Primetime Pricey

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • None - I'm mainly here to laugh at the Eastern Conference

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting to get worried about John Wall, he seems primed for a huge playoff run and has the shooters around him.

Starting? Washington have been coming like a bullet (guffaw) for months :p

The good news for Cleveland is that if there's one bench your athletically challenged reserves are equipped to handle, it's the Wiz's.

Struck me today that you could have actually done with taking a flyer on Javale McGee like the Dubs did.

He's not exactly a Brad Stevens player, but sometimes you just need someone who can throw down a dunk and block a shot. When Lopez was mauling you in the first half, Stevens put Tyler Zeller in - and you're basically paying Zeller $8 million for that 'break glass in emergency' contingency. And whatever Shaq says, Javale's actually been serviceable for the Dubs.

Not sure Larry Sanders is the answer though. That Cleveland already ditched him for freaking Tavares is indicative of where's he at right now.
Yeah I'm really not sure what it is with Ainge. His big men acquisitions have always been average dating back to 2009/10 when KG needed help. The past few years it's been even worse, he's totally neglected bigs. Then when he does acquire a big he drafts the soft and mediocre Kelly Olynyk when he could have drafted a star in Giannis. Incredibly frustrating.

Big off-season ahead. Stevens can only do so much with the shitty bench especially.

Proves that Celtic are the fake 1st seed. No way the best team in the East.

Well no, you win the most games you finish first. That's how it works. I don't think too many ever really take the seedings so literally. There's been plenty of years where the best team has not finished first.

Regardless ignoring Cleveland the gap between the other East playoff teams is pretty small, anyone could beat anyone in my opinion. It's just a very weak and even conference right now from teams 2-8.

I was hoping playoff Wall was not too dissimilar to playoff Lowry
Not sure how you can even compare the two. Wall's game is far harder to stop and he can kill you without even scoring a lot.

Cleveland don't have a hope in hell of stopping Wall anyway. It's the other guys they'd have to shut down.

Pretty harsh in saying Giannis should have been drafted by Boston. No one could have have known that Giannis was going to be a star. There were 14 teams that past over him. He was drafted in about the same spot that he was projected to be drafted. No one at the time was outraged that Boston didn't take him.

Pretty harsh in saying Giannis should have been drafted by Boston. No one could have have known that Giannis was going to be a star. There were 14 teams that past over him. He was drafted in about the same spot that he was projected to be drafted. No one at the time was outraged that Boston didn't take him.
It's harsh but fair. If Giannis was a prospect right now he'd go a lot higher. Ainge has been one of the GMs in the league late to embrace the foreign game and it hurt Boston in this instance.

There's no way at all I can defend him drafting Olynyk over Giannis. We're literally about to head into a rebuild and he drafts a center in Olynyk who clearly was/is never going to be more than a bit player best suited to a contending team. With that late lottery pick we would have been far better off gambling on the guy with a much higher upside.

Plenty of Celtics fans were outraged with the Olynyk pick. Drafting a slow center with limited upside as the first rebuild pick was hardly popular. Fans were even more pissed when we traded KG and Pierce a few hours later, although that has ended up okay obviously.

It's harsh but fair. If Giannis was a prospect right now he'd go a lot higher. Ainge has been one of the GMs in the league late to embrace the foreign game and it hurt Boston in this instance.

There's no way at all I can defend him drafting Olynyk over Giannis. We're literally about to head into a rebuild and he drafts a center in Olynyk who clearly was/is never going to be more than a bit player best suited to a contending team. With that late lottery pick we would have been far better off gambling on the guy with a much higher upside.

Plenty of Celtics fans were outraged with the Olynyk pick. Drafting a slow center with limited upside as the first rebuild pick was hardly popular. Fans were even more pissed when we traded KG and Pierce a few hours later, although that has ended up okay obviously.

So, you're calling him an idiot in one breathe and a genius in the next :p

Seriously though. You had pick 14. Getting a solid rotation guy is pretty good for that type of pick. It's not like Ainge had pick 1 and passed on Shaq. No one though Giannis would turn out to be Giannis. I mean he was pick 15!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either the Pacers want to win or they can play Lance Stephenson but you can't do both. Argues with team mates, doesn't play defence and plays isolation (I believe passing is still allowed in the game). Never going to win playoff basketball playing like that.

Back