Your top 10 batsman in the country at present

I think like michael and punter dhussey is vulnerable at the start of every innings, but once he gets his eye in, he is imperious.

33 years old now, so he'd only add to our existing Dad's Army problems. At best he'd be a short term solution and there's no point in trying to wallpaper over a crack that's as wide a the Grand Canyon.
the age of our team isn't a problem.

it's younger than our team when we were on top of the world.

for mine test cricket is always about picking your best 11, regardless of age... for mine d hussey should definately be in the list of fellas lining up for a spot in the middle order.

how does an immediate post-ashes batting line up of Katich, Hughes, Watson, Khawaja, M Hussey, Smith, Haddin look??

or if Hughes struggles through these three tests you'd have to consider keeping Watson opening, Khawaja to three and bring in whoever out of Ferguson or Marsh has the best shield season to bat at number 4 or 5.......

i think ponting will retire and i think clarke is possibly playing for short term (maybe even long term) future over his next five innings.

with a view to eventually looking like one of the following in a couple of years (form obviously permitting):
xxxxx...................Khawaja
Hughes................Hughes
Watson................Watson
Khawaja...............Ferguson
Ferguson/Marsh.....Marsh
Smith..................Smith
Paine..................Paine

xxxxx being an opener who has yet to emerge in the shield. don't really have many guys coming through which is why Khawaja may end up being an opener....

and you've also got Chris Lynn who is started to push his way through the ranks and you'd hope in 2 years time he'd have genuine claims for a spot in the team. Nic Maddinson is another youngster whom you'd put in the same bracket as Lynn.

I think like michael and punter dhussey is vulnerable at the start of every innings, but once he gets his eye in, he is imperious.

D Hussey is a flat track bully who has a very good eye and enjoys slogging shield standard attacks all over Australia.

At international level he was not up to it...

At test level he would be exposed.

Surely Ponting would struggle to get in anyone's top 10. The guy couldn't hit a hooker in Thailand at the moment and has been struggling all summer

D Hussey is a flat track bully who has a very good eye and enjoys slogging shield standard attacks all over Australia.

At international level he was not up to it...

At test level he would be exposed.

like hughes, clarke, smith, north, etc etc :rolleyes:

what a rubbish statement.

like hughes, clarke, smith, north, etc etc :rolleyes:

what a rubbish statement.

D Hussey averaged 25 odd in 20 ODI's... when he came into the side at the peak of his powers.

Hughes is 22 years old and averages 55 at first class level and 51.25 at test level having scored 2 centuries and 2 fifties in 7 tests

Clarke has 14 Test centuries scored all over the world in all conditions.

Smith is 21 years old averages 47 in first class cricket, has leg spin potential..

North is a HACK

Please tell me which one of the players in the current side should make way for the flat track slogger...

D Hussey averaged 25 odd in 20 ODI's... when he came into the side at the peak of his powers.

Hughes is 22 years old and averages 55 at first class level and 51.25 at test level having scored 2 centuries and 2 fifties in 7 tests

Clarke has 14 Test centuries scored all over the world in all conditions.

Smith is 21 years old averages 47 in first class cricket, has leg spin potential..

North is a HACK

Please tell me which one of the players in the current side should make way for the flat track slogger...

because ODI form is test form right :rolleyes:

clarke folds under pressure and smith has being going how well this year? :rolleyes:

because 1 seasons form is career form right?

pretty good flat track bully to average 55 in FC cricket over 10 years or so...

stupid comment about dhussey.

if it was that easy everyone would be averaging 55 at fc over a 10 year or so period.

because ODI form is test form right :rolleyes:
No but there is a good reason why he hasn't played test cricket if you cant handle international bowling attacks at ODI level chances are you are not going to handle them at test level.

clarke folds under pressure and smith has being going how well this year? :rolleyes:

Clarke has been our best batsman on several tough tours 2009 Ashes in England for example... D Hussey not fit to polish Pups boots.

because 1 seasons form is career form right?
Huh??

pretty good flat track bully to average 55 in FC cricket over 10 years or so...
He's not the first and not the last to smash shield attacks all over the place.. Doesn't make him a test batsman

stupid comment about dhussey.

if it was that easy everyone would be averaging 55 at fc over a 10 year or so period.

Please see above... (and take your "V" glasses off for a minute)

Please see above... (and take your "V" glasses off for a minute)

you do now border averaged only 30 in odi's as did s.waugh...but both averaged 50 in test cricket.

your analysis on pup v hussey is subjective, pup has been a solid to average batsman at test level, nothing more.

again, subjective analysis, and you get selected on form, form that many many other batsman have not shown at fc level.

you perform at fc level to get test level...unless your from nsw, where you don't perform at either level and keep getting selected.

you do now border averaged only 30 in odi's as did s.waugh...but both averaged 50 in test cricket.

your analysis on pup v hussey is subjective, pup has been a solid to average batsman at test level, nothing more.

again, subjective analysis, and you get selected on form, form that many many other batsman have not shown at fc level.

you perform at fc level to get test level...unless your from nsw, where you don't perform at either level and keep getting selected.

Tissue??

I am not from NSW, and in my opinion there is no real evidence to suggest that there is bias against the Vic players. For years the NSW was just far superior to the rest of the states... and the Vics only decent bat was thought to get a rough trot from selectors.. maybe if Deano wasn't such a f**kwit he would have got a better run.

In recent times Phil Jacques has had a rough trot with the selectors and how about Hauritz having taken 30 wickets in Australia last year?? Shane Watson has been the golden child in recent years not any of the NSW players.

In the last 20 players to make their test debut for the Aussies only 5 have been from NSW for a total of 24 test appearances. In the same time the Vics have had 6 players get the call up.

I love your passion, but you Victorians are a very one eyed bunch.

Tissue??

I am not from NSW, and in my opinion there is no real evidence to suggest that there is bias against the Vic players. For years the NSW was just far superior to the rest of the states... and the Vics only decent bat was thought to get a rough trot from selectors.. maybe if Deano wasn't such a f**kwit he would have got a better run.

In recent times Phil Jacques has had a rough trot with the selectors and how about Hauritz having taken 30 wickets in Australia last year?? Shane Watson has been the golden child in recent years not any of the NSW players.

In the last 20 players to make their test debut for the Aussies only 5 have been from NSW for a total of 24 test appearances. In the same time the Vics have had 6 players get the call up.

I love your passion, but you Victorians are a very one eyed bunch.

how many of hauritz wickets came from bought Pakistani tests...pretty much discredited as a bowler against real opposition.

jacques lost his spot through injury, then he never captured form, hardly harsh treatment.

and bagging me, doesn't remove the fact hussey has been consistently one of the premier batsman in australia.

shane watson moved to NSW and is a NSW listed player.

Test match runs should be considered and even though Michael Clarke has played some extremely loose shots, he's still one of our best batsmen. At the start of the season, he made a century at domestic level injured. Short memories people.

The only players who should be remotely considered for a test position (sad but true indictment on the domestic level currently) is Khawaja, Ferguson and Klinger.

Given that Katich returns, we desperately need to fill the number 1, 3 and 4 positions.

I'd look at the following:

Katich
Klinger (gritty as ****)
Khawaja
Watson
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Smith / SOK (must be shaking his head atm)
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

Ferguson the man in waiting. I think it should be noted that his record is not as great as some because he played so early in his career and with a very poor team quite often under pressure.

My top 10 batsmen in the country at present, would be (in test/first class cricket).

According to these stats, these are the top 20 batsmen in First Class Cricket this 2010/2011 season.

Some interesting names in there (mainly cause 4 of the top 20 are poms).

1. Alistair Cook, 723 runs, 90.37, 3 - 100, 2 - 50
2. Michael Hussey, 522 runs, 62.25, 2 - 100, 3 - 50
3. Ian Bell, 517 runs, 103.4, 1 - 100, 4 - 50
4. Usman Khawaja, 512 runs, 56.88, 1 - 100, 3 - 50
5. Andrew Strauss, 470 runs, 58.75, 3 - 100, 1 - 50
6. David Hussey, 460 runs, 51.11, 1 - 100, 2 - 50
7. Chris Lynn, 439, 62.71, 1 - 100. 2 - 50
8. Wes Robinson, 439 runs, 48.77, 5 - 50
9. Aidan Blizzerd, 427 runs, 47.44, 2 - 100, 1 - 50
10. Kevin Piterson, 401 runs, 66,83, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
11. Brad Haddin, 401 runs, 57.28, 1 - 100, 4 - 50
12. Callum Ferguson, 385 runs, 48.12, 2 - 100
13. Andrew Mcdonald, 372 runs, 93.00, 3 - 100
14. Johnathan Trott, 362 runs, 60.33, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
15. Shaun Marsh, 359 runs, 71.80, 1 - 100, 2 - 50
16. Michael Hill, 352 runs, 35.20, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
17. Rob Quiney, 336 runs, 42.00, 1 - 100, 2 - 50
18. Mark Cosgrove - 324 runs, 40.50, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
19. Adam Voges, 318 runs, 35.33, 2 - 50
20. Michael Swart, 317 runs, 28.81, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
21. Dan Christian, 309 runs, 34.33, 1 - 100, 1 - 50
22. Paul Collingwood, 296 runs, 42.28, 2 - 50
23. Aaron Finch, 282 runs, 25.63, 1 - 50
24. Michael Klinger, 269 runs, 24.45, 2 - 50
25. Shane Watson, 254 runs, 31.75, 2 - 50
26. Wade Townsend, 253 runs, 28.11, 2 - 50
27. Michael Clarke, 247 runs, 49.40, 1 - 100, 1 - 50

So, there is your comprehensive list of all run getters in all forms of cricket this season.

Some interesting things to note:
- the Poms do dominate the standings
- NO Ponting
- Clarke at No. 25
- the under rated Haddin sitting pretty at No. 11
- Our form batsmen of the past 12 months last on the list at No. 27,
- weight of runs really in the hands of our young guns,
- Steve Smith only has 228 runs at 28

Any ways, feel free to argue, but the stats do not lie.

1. Alistair Cook
2. Andrew Strauss
3. Jonathon Trott
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Ian Bell
7. Matt Prior
8. Michael Hussey
9. Brad Haddin
10. Graeme Swann

:eek:Your superstar:p got knocked over:thumbsdown: by Ben Edmondson:D first cherry today:thumbsu: LOL!!:eek::cool::p

Yep, had a bad day today, still the no.1 batsman on form in aus over the past few years.

and Siddle got more runs than the top 4 for aus, siddle must be a better batsman than punter, clarke, watson, and hughes right? because 1 game makes a career right?

you are really bad.

Yep, had a bad day today, still the no.1 batsman on form in aus over the past few years.

and Siddle got more runs than the top 4 for aus, siddle must be a better batsman than punter, clarke, watson, and hughes right? because 1 game makes a career right?

you are really bad.

Australia's best batsman on form??? well that would be a little hard to judge whilst one faces mediocre attacks in Shield cricket and the others play International attacks in other countries in their conditions.

One game does not make a career, but you are banging on about form and at the moment D Hussey's last 4-5 trips to the crease have yielded approx 100 runs and he has been clean bowled 3 times.

D Hussey will not play for Australia ever again... its time to move on..:thumbsu:

Back