Toast Zak Butters appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He may or may not win the AFLCA or the Brownlow but Zak Butters is easily the most creative and influential player in the league.

Daicos won’t have votes from the last 6 rounds. It will be very hard for him to win
Will be well out in front by then, it’s just whether or not he has enough and I think he has.

Will be well out in front by then, it’s just whether or not he has enough and I think he has.
I find it interesting that Nick has only had 10 AFLCA votes 3 times compared to Zak who has had 10 (including today) 7 times

Nick
R1- 6, 9, 3, 7, 10, 10, 0, 0, 6, 0, 5, 7, 0, 9, 10, 9, 8, 0, R20-0

Zak
R1- 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 2, 4, 10, 10, 10, 8, 4, 10, 3, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 10, 5, R23- 10

Bont will win the Brownlow. Daicos missed too many games and Butters didn't have the reputation at the start of the year + will have Rozee taking votes off him.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Rozee outpolled Butters. Brownlow votes always come in on a one year delay.

Presuming they give him the 3 votes for yesterday thats the scenario the afl.com.au predictor has
Strange they have Neale on 29. He hasn’t had that good a year as he?

Has had an unreal season. His impact on games isn’t justified by the stats sheet… my prediction for the Brownlow is it’s going to be like Robbie 2014. Won the AFCA was a brownlow favourite and didn’t finish top 10 and I think Boak finished with 10 more votes than him as well.
If Zak does this again next year he will be more of a chance. Hot take(not really) but I predict Rozee finishes higher than Zak this year.

Bont will win the Brownlow. Daicos missed too many games and Butters didn't have the reputation at the start of the year + will have Rozee taking votes off him.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Rozee outpolled Butters. Brownlow votes always come in on a one year delay.

Wines didn't have much of a reputation in 2021 but what he did have was a prior history of polling surprisingly well. Looking back, Butters doesn't have that sort of history so I wouldn't expect a 30 plus type count from him, maybe more in the 22-26 range which isn't enough to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did this when Wines won and the umps gave Ollie an extra 3 votes compared to mine so thought I would do Butters, looked at the AFL Brownlow predictor, AFLCA votes, stats and my own memory.

Butters

R1- 0 votes
R2- 0 votes
R3- 0 votes
R4- 1 vote (could get 2, was our most disposals and kicked a goal but maybe Allir gets 2, could get 0 as well)
R5- 3 votes
R6- 0 votes
R7- 0 votes (would be lucky to get 1, 4 coaches votes)
R8- 3 votes
R9- 3 votes
R10- 3 votes
R11- 2 votes
R12- 2 votes (maybe 3 but probs Rozee)
R13- 3 votes
R14- 0 votes (might get lucky and get 1, AFLCA- only 3 votes, Brownlow predictor surprisingly has him with 2 votes)
R16- 1 vote
R17- 0 votes
R18- 0 votes
R19-0 votes
R20- 0 votes
R21- 3 votes
R22- 2 votes
R23- 3 votes
32 votes

Might come down to rounds 4, 7 and 14
I did this for Nick, Bont and Neale as well out of curiosity (I did try and remove any bias as well)

Ended up being
Butters - 32 votes
Nick- 30 votes
Bont- 26 votes
Neale 25 votes

Is quite long so haven’t posted it (I will if someone wants to see the round to round votes). Didn’t do Petracca just because I don’t think he will be in the frame (just watch him win it now)

Before this year Butters has had a total of 6 Brownlow votes in his career so we will see

Last edited:
Don't even care if he wins the Brownlow because I know he is the most exciting mercurial talent in the AFL.

But JHF is coming for him!

That Rozee fella goes alright too!

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get at least 7 AFLCA votes, clearly our best player on the ground.

I thought he was slowing down a bit about a month ago but his form the last 3 weeks has been brilliant.

Don't know why but for some reason i had the footy on channel 7 rather than foxtel on friday night and after the game they had that show with Adam Cooney, Cameron Luke and Georgie Parker on. And Adam Cooney was doing his best 10 players for the year and had Butters at 3, behind Bont and Curnow, Daicos 4 and i think Greene at 5.

Anyway this Cameron Luke bloke was saying that he would take out Butters in that Top 5 for Petracca who was 6th. I couldn't believe it and thought it was just that Butters isn't yet rated across the border but it turns out from a stats point of view Petracca is out in front in most areas, but there is just something about butters and how he goes about it that isn't measured in stats.

Don't even care if he wins the Brownlow because I know he is the most exciting mercurial talent in the AFL.

But JHF is coming for him!

That Rozee fella goes alright too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back