WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree with Rumour. A good pick up but hardly going to find it easy just because he played a handful of AFL games. Not all VFL players make the transition as easily as people think.

Yarraville struggling? news to me!

We are very happy with our off season both on and off field.

Have recruited a number of new players to the club and had alot of local businesses jump onboard after the success of 2012

My Top 5 with reason

Deer Park, well I can't leave them out of the 5, I think it's a big jump, heaps of recruits but seriously lets see how they all play together, Altona are born and raised Altona blokes playing to win a flag with mates and for the club, Deer Park are trying to do an Albion and pay for a premiership, the thing is, I would of had them save there bucks this year, get use to the step up and slowly built over the next 3 years for a flag, I think they are going too hard too early and will just slide into my top 5.

Wooden Spoon is probably going Albion's way.

I would be checking your facts first if you are comparing Deer Park with Albion, it's early days yet, but if all rumours are true, i would think Deer Park's senior team will be majority recruits.

If you go back and look at the Albion Premiership team i think you'll find at least 12-14 players who played juniors at albion or had been playing at the club a long time, Albion didn't win the flag all based on recruiting, they just recruited the right kind of players that year that were obvisouly very good footballers.

My Top 5 with reason

Altona
Spotswood
Hoppers Crossing
Port Colts
Deer Park

Ladder =

Altona (to hard to go with anyone else at this stage right now, they won by a point but they won, very good team with all signed and still adding some quality)
Spottswood (im not gain enough to take them out of my top 2 and i know most would think the same, has done nothing to suggested they will make the slide down, added some nice additions and got some key players resigning, love the juinor program to go with it)
Deer Park (Will play finals! To many quality players in this team to think otherwise, will this be the biggest spending debacle or will the money in this team be to much to deny, time will tell. Ill still have them in my Top 3)
Hoppers Crossing (Will improve on last year but with the teams above doing the same will still see them sitting just below, can see a big scalp on the cards this year, there not far off)
St Albans (Hearining enough about the players coming in this team to suggest that St Albans are confident in their stocks once again and thats dangerous for the rest of the comp good enough to play finals this year)
-------------------
Port Colts (Will they improve enough to stay ahead of the pack, its hard to say but with more info on the teams above i have to have them just miss this year but wouldnt be surprised to see them sneak in. Good hard side)
Sunshine (Minimum improvement or about the same nothing more even with a few good players coming in wont play finals this year)
Yarraville ( Welcome to A Grade, kept all but a couple from last years list and have added some good types for the positions they needed, i thought last years team could do ok in A grade i think this years team will be slightly better but not by much)
Albion (Not hearing the best of things out of there, dont know what to think right now cant believe it all but with not much coming in and a few going elsewhere and the rest of the comp taking big steps forward i can only see one way they can go)
North Footscray ( Have done well to be in top flight for a few years now, i dont think they have the budget to stablise them selves as an A Grade club yet, few good signings over last few years and been unlucky not to have won a few more games along the way, lost to many this year and not enough going back in. Tough year ahead)

Heard that James Mulligan has already gone AWOL from Hoppers Crossing - what a surprise !!!!

Weapons - one big difference between Jayden Post going back to Altona and all the injury prone over paid mercanaries going to the COWBOYS - integrity and character - go the VIKINGS !

Also at least Jason Cloke is now at Spotswood for a third season in 2013 - how many of the injury prone over paid mercanaries going to the COWBOYS will still be there in 2015 ?

You couldn't be more wrong about James Mulligan, trained tonight and advised the club over the last couple of weeks that his brother who was on Brisbanes list a couple of years ago will be joining him at HCFC, ABOUT 6FT4 key position type, (slowly coming together down at Hogans Rd ).

time to relax (willo)(rootah).....on a previous post my spies told me that sunshine are struggling with recruiting and the 2's coach was pushed out of the job you tell me why im hearing he is now a coach in the edfl???

maybe you have had something to do with this???

btw i have nothing against sunshine i think they are a great club just some questions need to be answered..........

cheers

You couldn't be more wrong about James Mulligan, trained tonight and advised the club over the last couple of weeks that his brother who was on Brisbanes list a couple of years ago will be joining him at HCFC, ABOUT 6FT4 key position type, (slowly coming together down at Hogans Rd ).

money chasing mercanaries what a joke i cant believe a club would go after ex afl listed players..............hahahaha

sounds good for hoppers and the comp as a whole!!!! the clubs that sit on their hands get left behind......how true.........

time to relax (willo)(rootah).....on a previous post my spies told me that sunshine are struggling with recruiting and the 2's coach was pushed out of the job you tell me why im hearing he is now a coach in the edfl???

btw i have nothing against sunshine i think they are a great club just some questions need to be answered..........

cheers

cheers

Why do questions need to be answered?

Not all clubs feel the need to brag through local papers etc. about recruits and making bold predictions about the upcoming season.

At Sunshine we have signed 5 new players who will add significant value to us and are close to signing 3-4 more important players who will have a major impact in the competition. I will leave it at that but we expect to play finals again and will be aiming for top 3 like all the other clubs.

I honestly believe its going to be a ripper season with not a lot separating teams from 1-7.

No disrespect intended but Nth Footscray & Albion appear to be struggling at this point in time and Yarra know where they are at and would be happy with 4-6 wins and build from there. Just my opinion.

In reply to your constant questions about reserves coach I will finally bite. Shagga resigned due to work commitments. Plain & simple. The job was his again if he wanted it and I'm 200% sure he will tell you the same thing. He works til noon every 2nd Saturday so he is unable to due the job as thoroughly as he believes it needs to be done.

He has a role with an under 16a side in EDFL. He told me about this when it occurred in case I heard rumours etc. He didn't have to do that if he didn't want to but I took it as a sign of respect towards me and a good indication that we have a good relationship.

Hope this clears the air for you and you can now return to worrying about your own club, the same club you have publicly bagged before on this website when in div 2

Good luck to all clubs & players in 2013.

Wodonga Raiders Football Club based in the strong Ovens & Murray League VIC/NSW are looking for players to relocate to the area for the 2013 season and beyond. Our club is strong financially and have great facilities (see our website as we cannot advertise links here I believe)
Ideally we are looking for a Ruckman, Full Back, Centre Half Forward, Full Forward and Onballers but will consider all positions.
We are willing to help with jobs and relocation for the right people and are a very passionate, friendly social club.
Please message me only.

get stuck into some of the altona players.......they are going to be unbeatable.......ppppffffttttt

Not all clubs feel the need to brag through local papers etc. about recruits and making bold predictions about the upcoming season.

At Sunshine we have signed 5 new players who will add significant value to us and are close to signing 3-4 more important players who will have a major impact in the competition. I will leave it at that but we expect to play finals again and will be aiming for top 3 like all the other clubs.

I honestly believe its going to be a ripper season with not a lot separating teams from 1-7.

No disrespect intended but Nth Footscray & Albion appear to be struggling at this point in time and Yarra know where they are at and would be happy with 4-6 wins and build from there. Just my opinion.

In reply to your constant questions about reserves coach I will finally bite. Shagga resigned due to work commitments. Plain & simple. The job was his again if he wanted it and I'm 200% sure he will tell you the same thing. He works til noon every 2nd Saturday so he is unable to due the job as thoroughly as he believes it needs to be done.

He has a role with an under 16a side in EDFL. He told me about this when it occurred in case I heard rumours etc. He didn't have to do that if he didn't want to but I took it as a sign of respect towards me and a good indication that we have a good relationship.

Hope this clears the air for you and you can now return to worrying about your own club, the same club you have publicly bagged before on this website when in div 2

about time some constructive talk......i didnt intend to get you bitting must have been a cracker scrubby......... i threw the hook out time to relax's way to read one of his great responces.......all the best

whats in the past is in the past.......:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very little talk on here after the comp b'n'f night, first off well done to c o'keefe, he's a super player in this comp and deserves the accolade, IMO he'd definately be spotty's most damaging player and nearly helped them to another flag this year with his second half in the GF.

Isackedsheppa, mate wouldn't be writing albion off as a side that will drop that far down the barrel that they'd be replaced in div 1, good young list at albion and with a big pre-season, can see them pushing for finals again and Parkside would actually need to win a GF in div 2 to come up.

All this talk about Altona running out of money and losing players, i wouldn't know and time will tell, but a lot of the player's they got back to the club that helped them win a flag, were altona boys before they went to VFL level, no doubt holding on to all those players will be difficult as they'll probably get some big offers, but i doubt those blokes will do the dirty on their club n just pack up n leave as they'll be a bit of loyalty there, time to relax, who are the 4 players heading overseas?
Are they moving to London or staying in oz?

wonderfully well put Cougarman. Clubs have all different ways of going about their business and not all feel the need to beat their chest and tell everyone how well they are going. in fact most clubs could see this as setting themselves for a hiding to nothing - if they do succeed followers of the comp say well so they should have, if they dont they end up the laughing stock.

Just like Barry Hall last year :rolleyes: About As much chance of that as there is of you being on the front cover of GQ Magazine. You Fine male specimen you !:D

heard Ron Barrassi has also signed on for a 8 game minimum, and the club is still hopeful of gaining the services of John Coleman

Watched St Albans train last night. It didn't seem they had picked up any new recruits. If this is the standard of their side then they are going to struggle this year.

They train Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays. Aaron Henneman is a cop so he doesn't get to train much. Marc Dawson and brent Taylor are injured so they do rehab at the pool. And 4 are personal trainers. Last night was also first night back so can't comment on who was there and who wasn't. But from there full list they are better than two years back when they made finals. Obviously the comp has gotten stronger since then.

Good start to pick up some recruits but they also need a massive overhaul of the game plan.

Good start to pick up some recruits but they also need a massive overhaul of the game plan.
Obviously your not opposition anymore with Sunny Heights being div 2 so your not giving them ammunition to fire with your comments, but what is the problem with their game plan in your opinion ? Is Denny still coaching them ? If he is there a worse coaches coaching sides that finished higher than St Albans last year a couple even played finals.Not sure if you are questioning the game plan due to coaching because St Albans could do alot worse.

Obviously your not opposition anymore with Sunny Heights being div 2 so your not giving them ammunition to fire with your comments, but what is the problem with their game plan in your opinion ? Is Denny still coaching them ? If he is there a worse coaches coaching sides that finished higher than St Albans last year a couple even played finals.Not sure if you are questioning the game plan due to coaching because St Albans could do alot worse.

Very predictable style. Seem to have no plan B. The game plan is ok against the bottom teams but does not stack up against the good teams. 4 games against Altona and Spotty last season for a total of 18 goals.

Very predictable style. Seem to have no plan B. The game plan is ok against the bottom teams but does not stack up against the good teams. 4 games against Altona and Spotty last season for a total of 18 goals.
Agree about the predictability of the game plan. Seen them play twice last year and and did not see anything different to the way they have played for the last 3-4 years. As far as a plan B goes though, Altona and Spotty would be the only 2 sides with that string to their bow. Other sides in the comp not nearly well enough coached,drilled or disciplined enough to be able to flick a switch from week to week or qtr to qtr.

Agree about the predictability of the game plan. Seen them play twice last year and and did not see anything different to the way they have played for the last 3-4 years. As far as a plan B goes though, Altona and Spotty would be the only 2 sides with that string to their bow. Other sides in the comp not nearly well enough coached,drilled or disciplined enough to be able to flick a switch from week to week or qtr to qtr.

Interesting comment about being predictable. All they did on Monday, after their time trial, was lane work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back