WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment about being predictable. All they did on Monday, after their time trial, was lane work.

i dont know about predictability, they struggled with players all year , had between 2/3 U18 playing each week, 2nd players that wouldn''t normally get a game, i think youll see a different game plan to last year, with 6 new senior players coming in the side, you'll think he would have a lot more options than last year. maybe even a plan B.

I would agree with this... Aaron Henneman is a massive inclusion. I think it's great for the comp that teams like hoppers, St. Albans, deer park etc have gone out and had a crack to try and chase the silverware. Now as a result the comp has around 7 teams who could challenge each other on any given day, instead of 2.

I think Yarraville / Seddon will be alot more competiitve than people think. Obviously wont compete against the big guns but sides from 4-7 would not want to take them too lightly.
I believe they have signed about 10 players and not many loses from last year.
There is a big jump from div 2 to div 1 but they were unbeaten and to add another 10 or so to that side would make them competitive one would think.

I think Yarraville / Seddon will be alot more competiitve than people think. Obviously wont compete against the big guns but sides from 4-7 would not want to take them too lightly.
I believe they have signed about 10 players and not many loses from last year.
There is a big jump from div 2 to div 1 but they were unbeaten and to add another 10 or so to that side would make them competitive one would think.
Sides 1-5 will absoloutely murder them. 6-7 will beat them easily and the other 2 they may beat. In for a bottom 2 finish. Only side they are likely to finish above is North unfortunately.

would have to agree with cinderalla man. personally i think deer park would have had a stronger side last year and only managed to finish 6th. albion and north footscray will be your targets. although we may be proved wrong as a side can manage to cause a upset here there. will finish bottom 3 though

Yeah not saying that they will play finals just they wont be easy beats, and could cause a couple of upsets. If they were to win 5-6games i think all at club would see that as a good first step andsomething to build from.

On the J.Barnes topic have heard the same thing

Rumour at the pub......j.barnes gone!![/quote. Can confirm not true. Barnes is happy with the way things are traveling down at north. Was disappointed pre Xmas. But said it was a culture and mentality he would have to change. But with 3 signings last week and 2 or 3 more to come this week. North Footscray looking a lot stronger then last year. Boot camp this weekend will be a good measure on where the boys are at.

How many have left North Footscray due to David Bastinella (?) coaching East Keilor this year?

Why waste time talking about the Red Devils - unfortunately they are out of their depth and hiring John Barnes is a joke. Failed coach and they will finish 9th or 10th - relegation zone. Poor old Bill Pride will be horrified of where the club is now.

They were a power club of the late 70's and early 80's - now a joke

Had 2 snr players and 3 reserve players follow him. Obscene your a goose. The club picking up barnes was the best news I've herd come out of there. You oviously know nothing about the bloke or the clubs situation!! All reports so far is that the boys love the way he goes about things. Enforcing professionalism. Moving on those that don't want to take that next step. It won't happen in his first 6 months. That's why he signed for 3 years. He knows where the club us at and where he can take it! Look at the way he played his Footy! Never the tallest ruckman but was 1 of the best in his day!! Why wouldn't you support a club trying to take that next step up. And making this comp even stronger unless you was an abbsolute goose!! Keep up the good work

Obviously your not opposition anymore with Sunny Heights being div 2 so your not giving them ammunition to fire with your comments, but what is the problem with their game plan in your opinion ? Is Denny still coaching them ? If he is there a worse coaches coaching sides that finished higher than St Albans last year a couple even played finals.Not sure if you are questioning the game plan due to coaching because St Albans could do alot worse.

be interested to hear who you class as worse coaches of sides that played off last year Cinderella Man? Hard to knock Altona and Spotty so which coaches from Hoppers, Colts or Sunshine (I think they finishedn 5th?) would you be putting in this bracket?

be interested to hear who you class as worse coaches of sides that played off last year Cinderella Man? Hard to knock Altona and Spotty so which coaches from Hoppers, Colts or Sunshine (I think they finishedn 5th?) would you be putting in this bracket?

Its an opinion thats all. An opinion based around what i see every week. What strikes me as strange is, Why does it concern you ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an opinion thats all. An opinion based around what i see every week. What strikes me as strange is, Why does it concern you ?

just wondering. there was no hidden agenda behind the question. the 3 sides i mentioned were probably the 3 i saw more than most in 2012 so was just curious as to your opinion.

Had 2 snr players and 3 reserve players follow him. Obscene your a goose. The club picking up barnes was the best news I've herd come out of there. You oviously know nothing about the bloke or the clubs situation!! All reports so far is that the boys love the way he goes about things. Enforcing professionalism. Moving on those that don't want to take that next step. It won't happen in his first 6 months. That's why he signed for 3 years. He knows where the club us at and where he can take it! Look at the way he played his Footy! Never the tallest ruckman but was 1 of the best in his day!! Why wouldn't you support a club trying to take that next step up. And making this comp even stronger unless you was an abbsolute goose!! Keep up the good work

well apart from his 29 posts about deer park finally someone agree's with me.......

cam d'altera is he still at nth.........???

The Darley Football Club affiliated with the Ballarat Football League are looking for a practice match on Saturday 6th of April.DarleyPark will be available.

All enquiries to Football Manager Craig Baker – 0419 502 640

Hi guys, looking for info on Luke Gestier as my local club Rochester has recruited him. Seems like he's a forward, but does he have the ability to go back as well? Is he quick? Good hands? Any info would be grand.

Hi guys, looking for info on Luke Gestier as my local club Rochester has recruited him. Seems like he's a forward, but does he have the ability to go back as well? Is he quick? Good hands? Any info would be grand.

kid went to assumption college, from all reports (my mate played with him last year) lukes more then very handy up forward for a young big foward, and would dare say you would leave him forward as he will bang home more than his fair share of goals

kid went to assumption college, from all reports (my mate played with him last year) lukes more then very handy up forward for a young big foward, and would dare say you would leave him forward as he will bang home more than his fair share of goals

Cheers mate. Hopefully he can work well with Grant Weeks and Elliot Bowen.

Has been in contact apparently but not a confirmed signature i dont think..

Mitch Hahn Signed at Sunshine!?!

yes, Hillside in EDFL not very happy, Hahn had confirmed/Signed? he would play with them but more money at Sunshine so c u later, can only play handfull of games due ti his role at Collingwood

yeah mate he is a quality fward played at the club i follow last year watched him prob 9 or 10 times........quality set of hands.....prob kicked 50+ goals his kicking action is a beauty both left and right.....watched 1 game where he kicked a goal from 40 out on our scoreboard side of the ground with his left in a similar position on the opposite side of the ground slotted a goal with the right......thats when i started to take a good look at the little things he does!!!!

played down back in 3 of the games i watched 1 where we were under the pump in terms of scoreboard pressure due to kicking into the breeze held his own went forward in the last and he got us close enough to have almost won the game!!!!!! and the other 2 were when we were well in front again held his own and possibly the coaching staff were trying a few things down forward.......

unsure of your comp but this young bloke will take the best backman imo......

shattered he left!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back