Toast Pick 45 - Mitch Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside Football’s Draft Guide profile

Mitchell Harvey
North Adelaide 17/8/95 H 195cm W 97kg
Mitch is a bit of an enigma. He missed our finals campaign to attend a school formal, which was an interesting choice. He didn’t test well at the camp but there were reports unconfirmed that he was ill. Certainly one area Mitch has to work on is fitness and also finding ways to stay in the game when the ball hits the deck. A traditional mark/goal type full forward – he kicked six goals in a reserves game last year – and he’s a great mark and a very accurate kick and he had a good national championships. Over the first five metres he’s quick but his endurance isn’t up to it at this stage. Has endured some injuries over the journey.
North Adelaide development manager Neil Sanders.
Draft Range Rookie
7 SANFL U/18 games Ave disp 17.1 DE% 76.7

5 U/18 Nat Champs games Ave disp 11.6 DE% 70.7

Mitchell Harvey
Mitch is a bit of an enigma. He missed our finals campaign to attend a school formal, which was an interesting choice. He didn’t test well at the camp but there were reports unconfirmed that he was ill. Certainly one area Mitch has to work on is fitness and also finding ways to stay in the game when the ball hits the deck. A traditional mark/goal type full forward – he kicked six goals in a reserves game last year – and he’s a great mark and a very accurate kick and he had a good national championships. Over the first five metres he’s quick but his endurance isn’t up to it at this stage. Has endured some injuries over the journey.
Draft Range Rookie

sounds like a dud.. lol

Mitchell Harvey
Draft Range Rookie

sounds like neil sanders isn't a fan. what a s**t write-up from the guy who's supposed to be his development coach

very 'north adelaide'

thats what i was getting at.. that write up of him was terrible... rated him as a rookie when every draft expert rated him quite high

looks like he pissed someone off by choosing a school formal over playing for the utensils

Probably knew he would be getting drafted by someone being a tall in a shallow draft, wanted to cut ties early because he wouldn't be playing there anymore.

probably knew he was getting drafted by port. i can't think of any other reason for such a bitter write-up to come from someone whose ******* job it is to guide his players on to better things.

how would you feel if you asked your teacher for a reference straight out of year 12 and they wrote something like that? he's not even professional enough to mask his complaints euphemistically

probably knew he was getting drafted by port. i can't think of any other reason for such a bitter write-up to come from someone whose ******* job it is to guide his players on to better things.

how would you feel if you asked your teacher for a reference straight out of year 12 and they wrote something like that? he's not even professional enough to mask his complaints euphemistically
Let's hope that he wasn't being 'honest' in his assessment, only vindictive - unlike most of the other raters who rarely see anything wrong with the players being assessed.

sounds like neil sanders isn't a fan. what a s**t write-up from the guy who's supposed to be his development coach

very 'north adelaide'

He obviously only had "one goal in mind" - to prevent him from being drafted, so the lad could stay at his sh1t club.

Mitchell Harvey
Draft Range Rookie

Should we nickname him enigma? "You show 'em enigma!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very 'north adelaide'

Everything about the utensils strikes me as unprofessional.

I wasn't really into this bloke pre-draft - tried to ignore any suggestion of him as he appeared a bit meh!

Have since taken the positive light, his first name is the same as my eldest son and he has the same surname as my wife - it was probably a no-brainer that we took him.

I will defend him a bit here.

You only get to go to a school formal once in your life.

Why the hell the game wasn't a 9am game on the sunday is beyond me. I would also expect that the suit, car etc was all booked before the SANFL announced a date and time for the game.

Also I wonder if not playing him the next week cost 20 of his team mates the chance to play in a premiership team. A lot more to this than oh he chose a formal over football

I will defend him a bit here.

You only get to go to a school formal once in your life.

Why the hell the game wasn't a 9am game on the sunday is beyond me. I would also expect that the suit, car etc was all booked before the SANFL announced a date and time for the game.

Also I wonder if not playing him the next week cost 20 of his team mates the chance to play in a premiership team. A lot more to this than oh he chose a formal over football

Also, he's a GIANT ranga. Getting a girl to go to the formal with him was probably a massive deal for him :D:p

Sometimes chasing some skirt is more appealing than chasing a guernsey

Even when getting the guernsey massively increases the quality and quantity of the skirt?

Wrong. I wouldn't have gotten near my current girlfriend if I were a football player.

Yeah, actually, I'll withdraw the "quality" criterion.

I've seen Brownlow nights, I don't know what I was thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back