Fyfe's contract talks on hold at Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Mundy is a Restricted FA, meaning we can match an offer put to him if we choose to. He is also Vet List eligible within his next contract which helps.

2) IF Fyfe chose to leave we would have plenty of money to match the offer put to Mundy. IF Mundy chose to leave we would be able to satisfy Fyfe in terms of contract bids. This means we would be highly unlikely to lose both.

3) We have some high-end list rationalisation coming up with Pavlich, MacPharlin and Sandilands contracts, meaning we possibly have enough to satisfy both.

4) If it turns dark for Fremantle and Fyfe was traded then the deal would most likely resemble the Judd deal, which worked out quite reasonable for WC despite pick 3 turning into Masten (who is also an "ok" player, but not the best #3 selection of all time). A trade involving Hogan would appeal to Fremantle I would think.

Will have a quiet chuckle when Mundy and Fyfe both sign at the end of the year, bigger fish to fry before then though.

Or play himself into some captain succeeding form.

If he was to come to Victoria, he'd go to Richmond as he was a Richmond fan before going to Freo.

Wasn't Chris Judd a Melbourne fan?

1) Mundy is a Restricted FA, meaning we can match an offer put to him if we choose to. He is also Vet List eligible within his next contract which helps.
How is Mundy restricted? He'll have been at Freo for 10 years won't he?

Fyfe wants to leave and goes in the draft, he goes at pick 1. No departing Brisbane player was in the same ballpark.
No club will draft a player, even as good as Fyfe, if he says he donesn't want to/won't play there, ala Ball.

Why on earth do people think either player will go? Freo is right on the cusp.

Fyfe's manager would be checking out the options, money on offer, go back to Freo & get his client a hell of a good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fyfe will finish his career at freo no doubt about it will be on a million a season next contract to , mundy i"m not so sure if he can get $200 000 more at another club for his last contract i'd say he would almost take it , freo's premiership window is wide open this year but 2015 i'm not to sure

If the Dockers snag the flag this season and some club, in the finals frame, offers him $250,000 more, then it could very well happen. I genuinely see it as something that could go either way. Even though I think he and McPharlin are our most important, if he gets us a premiership he'll have a lot to do it with it and so I can't fault him a lot.

I reckon Fyfe'll never leave. Not only a WA boy but a country boy. Freo'll look after him, he'll do s**t ads for rain tanks for a bit more money, and is young enough to not feel like he has to cash in – literally or in terms of a trophy. It'd be big big news if he up and went.

If the Dockers snag the flag this season and some club, in the finals frame, offers him $250,000 more, then it could very well happen. I genuinely see it as something that could go either way. Even though I think he and McPharlin are our most important, if he gets us a premiership he'll have a lot to do it with it and so I can't fault him a lot.

I reckon Fyfe'll never leave. Not only a WA boy but a country boy. Freo'll look after him, he'll do s**t ads for rain tanks for a bit more money, and is young enough to not feel like he has to cash in – literally or in terms of a trophy. It'd be big big news if he up and went.
If the Dockers snag the flag this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pav, Sandi and McPharlin to all call it a day. I would guess that would open up a tonne of cap space (maybe around 1.5-2 mil). If that occurs I'd doubt Mundy and Fyfe would leave, and I would expect replacements for McPharlin and Pavlich would be targeted using FA.

If the Dockers snag the flag this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pav, Sandi and McPharlin to all call it a day. I would guess that would open up a tonne of cap space (maybe around 1.5-2 mil). If that occurs I'd doubt Mundy and Fyfe would leave, and I would expect replacements for McPharlin and Pavlich would be targeted using FA.

The AFL site was saying Sandi is on a $1mil a year, only half counted due to veterans list

The AFL site was saying Sandi is on a $1mil a year, only half counted due to veterans list

there was a graph awhile back which had Freo paying the most on veterans in the comp, as we signed sandi/pav/mcpharlin up before the rules changed.

once that all expires Freo will be doing alot of reshuffling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back