Club Focus Fremantle 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Got decent to very good raw value out of the Port and Schultz trade but it seems bizarre to basically lose two best 22 players and a good depth played to currently have one top 40 pick...

JL would want a contract basically signed given the hand he just got dealt

Under no circumstances should Freo be in any rush to give Longmuir an extension. It's not as if you are in any danger of him being poached to another club..

Did I see today correctly that Freo are about to extend Sean Darcy on a 7yr contract?

They should look at the Grundy disaster for a case study here I reckon.

Dare say another club (probably Geelong) put the feelers out to Darcy and his management for a similar long term deal, so its understandable why Freo would give Darcy that deal (if true))

Did I see today correctly that Freo are about to extend Sean Darcy on a 7yr contract?

They should look at the Grundy disaster for a case study here I reckon.
Well whats the other alternative?

Let him return home to Victoria? Well he is from the Geelong area and the cats need a mumford type ruckman.

7 years is a lot. 4 or 5 would be fine.

Well whats the other alternative?

Let him return home to Victoria? Well he is from the Geelong area and the cats need a mumford type ruckman.

7 years is a lot. 4 or 5 would be fine.
Yeah …let him go.
Exactly what we should have done with Grundy 3 years ago….

Yeah …let him go.
Exactly what we should have done with Grundy 3 years ago….

Nah, pretty much everyone who watches Freo games are very much on board to keep Darcy.
It’s just the click bait shock jocks like Cornes and Sumich that keep harping on about how two rucks don’t work/cost too much etc etc, using Gawn and Grundy as a case in point.
The Darcy and Jackson combo offer two completely different players, far removed from Gawn and Grundy who are very much alike.
Our win in Sydney this year was a very good example of how they work together.
Highly likely both will make the All Aus squad of 40 next year if they stay on the park.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, pretty much everyone who watches Freo games are very much on board to keep Darcy.
It’s just the click bait shock jocks like Cornes and Sumich that keep harping on about how two rucks don’t work/cost too much etc etc, using Gawn and Grundy as a case in point.
The Darcy and Jackson combo offer two completely different players, far removed from Gawn and Grundy who are very much alike.
Our win in Sydney this year was a very good example of how they work together.
Highly likely both will make the All Aus squad of 40 next year if they stay on the park.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Max Gawn hasn't played for Collingwood, though.

HFF is very clearly referring to the disaster of Grundy's extra long contract at the Pies.

It's a no brainer to keep both Darcy and Jackson - no one is questioning that. What some can legitimately question is the touted 7 year extension which has the potential to hamstring your club for years.

I wonder if Belly can try to be sneaky on draft night

The goal, end up with picks 36, 37 and 38, How?

Pick 46, 60 and 64 for GC Suns pick 36 - Suns get an extra 80-100 points

Based on likely bids that means Fremantle then have 36 and 38 (34 and Suns 36 have pushed back 2 spots)

Essendon have pick 37. Offer F2 and 85 for pick 37 (That 85 for Essendon will come into 52-60 - pending total players picked in draft) They only offer this to Essendon if M.Edwards hasnt been picked in the first 35

That gives Fremantle 36, 37 and 38 - Before the Graham (Suns), Cleary (Sydney) Bids - Likely they dont last that long, but that still works

If they havnt been bid on by 36. Then Fremantle bid

Pick 36 - W.Graham (Suns Match)
Pick 37 - C.Cleary (Swans Match)
Pick 38 - C.Hall (Fremantle)
Pick 39 - K.Sanchez (Fremantle)
Pick 40 - Player Z (Fremantle)
Pick 41 - M.Edwards bid (Fremantle Match)

Just an unlikely theory. But it is that they basically turn the rule of can only match a bid past 40 into can match a bid past 35 for M.Edwards

Obviously if the Pies, North, Tigers, Crows, Lions, anyone ect can take him with any of their picks 20-35

Its probably way too far fetched, just a strategy ive thought of. I expect Edwards to go in the first 35 anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Gawn hasn't played for Collingwood, though.

HFF is very clearly referring to the disaster of Grundy's extra long contract at the Pies.

It's a no brainer to keep both Darcy and Jackson - no one is questioning that. What some can legitimately question is the touted 7 year extension which has the potential to hamstring your club for years.
How did it hamstring the Pies exactly? They won a flag 3-4 years later.

It'd be ludicrous if we didn't follow the same well worn pathway to a flag.

How did it hamstring the Pies exactly? They won a flag 3-4 years later.

It'd be ludicrous if we didn't follow the same well worn pathway to a flag.

Brodie Grundy was on the list at Collingwood this year, was he?

I'd be staggered, it makes absolutely no sense.
Yep. If he were there and you wanted him, you'd bid on Johnstone and Dear yourself at 38/39

Live on Ess Pick 39 (M.Edwards still available)

Ess bid H.Johnston at pick 39, now Live 40 on Ess still

Trade Pick 40 for Freos F1 (Tied to Port)

Freo get pick 40 and M.Edwards (Can match anything beyond 40)
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back