Club Focus Fremantle 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

17 players with 1 year remaining.

Banfield: Not fussed either way
Wagner: Re-sign 1-2?
Hughes: I suspect he'll re-sign at some point, But again not fussed either way
Taberner: Should be moved on but no doubt the "geniuses" will give him another deal.
Jones: Wait and see.
Darcy: Will sign on, I just hope it's not one of these 6+ year deals
Walker: Re-sign 2-3
Williams: Delist?
Stanley: CONTRACT HIM UP
Davies: Will Re-sign to 2026 by all accounts
Corbett: If he wasn't injured maybe 1 more as a rookie?
Reidy/Knoble: Assess at year's end, but maybe move 1 on.
Noddy: If he has a good enough year then sign him up.
Sturty: 1-2
Kuek: Seems like he was doing pretty well, shame he's injured. Maybe Rookie him?
Emmett: Schultz who?

What does everybody think?

Taberner: Should be moved on but no doubt the "geniuses" will give him another deal.
Kuek: Seems like he was doing pretty well, shame he's injured. Maybe Rookie him?

Jones?

These kind of posts make me laugh.
Are we going to pass on some of those 3 first round picks next year because we can’t find anyone to delist? The only player you say to delist is Tabs!! We can’t keep everyone you know!

Be under no illusions - at LEAST six of the players you mention above will be delisted at the end of 2024. They have to. It happens every single year, in every single club. Probably 7 or 8 players actually.
It’s how the AFL works. Unless you want us to sit out of the 2024 AFL draft altogether?

My prediction for what it’s worth:
Reidy - Delist
Corbett - Delist
Kuek - Delist
Banfield - Delist
Hughes - Delist
Williams - Delist

Noddy will need to lift significantly too. Another year like 2023 and he is out the door too. Knobel might be delisted instead of Reidy like you said but there’s no way both survive. Jones - we’ll see what he shows at peel.

Karl worner should thank his agent he somehow managed to get a 2 year extension out of freo while on the rookie list so he’s guaranteed a spot for 2024, otherwise he would be on the chopping block too.

Tabs is the only one that hard to call, if he’s fit I think he will play and take Treacys spot, in which case he will be extended for a year or two more.

Wagner and Sturt are two quality players on that list and I would like to see both signed for at least 2 more years each. I think Wagner will be massive in 2024, I think he will play every game and become a high quality AFL rebounding half back.

Are we going to pass on some of those 3 first round picks next year because we can’t find anyone to delist? The only player you say to delist is Tabs!! We can’t keep everyone you know!

Be under no illusions - at LEAST six of the players you mention above will be delisted at the end of 2024. They have to. It happens every single year, in every single club. Probably 7 or 8 players actually.
It’s how the AFL works. Unless you want us to sit out of the 2024 AFL draft altogether?

My prediction for what it’s worth:
Reidy - Delist
Corbett - Delist
Kuek - Delist
Banfield - Delist
Hughes - Delist
Williams - Delist

Noddy will need to lift significantly too. Another year like 2023 and he is out the door too. Knobel might be delisted instead of Reidy like you said but there’s no way both survive. Jones - we’ll see what he shows at peel.

Karl worner should thank his agent he somehow managed to get a 2 year extension out of freo while on the rookie list so he’s guaranteed a spot for 2024, otherwise he would be on the chopping block too.

Tabs is the only one that hard to call, if he’s fit I think he will play and take Treacys spot, in which case he will be extended for a year or two more.

Wagner and Sturt are two quality players on that list and I would like to see both signed for at least 2 more years each. I think Wagner will be massive in 2024, I think he will play every game and become a high quality AFL rebounding half back.

Delisting Williams does nothing in terms of freeing up list spots.

He’d only be delisted if he doesn’t improve at all and/or the club can find a better way to utilise that Category B spot. I think we’ll probably hold him at this stage tbh.

Honestly about half that list is in the situation where they could get a two year deal if they play well this season or be delisted if their season is a disaster.

If we can’t find more KPP depth before the end of 2024 trade period, I wouldn’t even be surprised if one of Kuek or Corbett is retained.

None of this was necessary at all, This is just antagonistic. I'm well aware of "how the AFL works" You don't need to comment at me as though I'm a child. Nowhere did I say in that post we have to keep everyone, and no Tabener isn't the only player I said to get rid of, his was just the most blunt. Corbett's one was "If he wasn't injured maybe 1 more rookie" He was injured so I'm saying it nicely "Get rid".

The Hughes and Banfield ones are similar, I don't care. Either one or two of the "maybes" will go or one if not both of them will. The duel ruck one is an error on my part, I should have put "Probably" or just removed "Maybe" altogether, at least one of them should go I agree.

The rest of your post is fine and for the most part, I agree.

Agree with some of the above. Big cleanout coming I reckon.
Doubt it. We'll move a few on because that always happens but we've done the majority of our cleaning already.

Kuek
Reidy or Jones
Corbett or Voss (if signed)

I reckon are gone, then you can find a few more from

Taberner trade/FA move if he doesn't play this year
Banfield if he doesn't have a much better year
Possibly Hughes but he's a good 30th player for a list so would keep for cheap.

Probably 1 I don't have here.

Williams and Draper as cat B likely get another year unless we have a new Cat B prospect.

I predict 6 total.

Guys I would delist at the end of 2024.
Sturt, Tabs, Corbett, Warner, Williams, Reidy

Kuek is worth a punt on to see how he improves.
Banfield and Hughes are decent depth.
Knobel should be old enough for back up ruck.
tabs is cooked.
Williams has pace but can't use the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I would delist at the end of 2024.
Sturt, Tabs, Corbett, Warner, Williams, Reidy

Kuek is worth a punt on to see how he improves.
Banfield and Hughes are decent depth.
Knobel should be old enough for back up ruck.
tabs is cooked.
Williams has pace but can't use the ball.
Bring in Taylor, Warner and McDonald
Let’s boogie

You just blew your cap on two rucks. Brayshaw, Serong, Young and Amiss will take up a heap more in coming years.

You could afford one of those big targets. McDonald most likely IMO.
Yeah get McDonald delist tabs keep Treacy as a back up.
The other two are pie in the sky but listed them because they would complete our list and grew up in WA.
The salar cap does go up soon and we’ve cut 800k off fyfes yearly take.
We’ve also gone the longer contract for less coin plan with a lot of players.
I’m not worried about our cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back