Preview Round 6 Changes and Pre-Match Discussion Vs Essendon (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling it could be Armstrong in for Langdon :thumbsdown:

Ding ding ding... If it falls that way lets hope he can put in a solid performance!

I don't think we lose or gain much from the change, but that would be the one that immediately springs to mind.

You have got to be kidding me!

Why on earth are we playing a a first gamer when we have Adams, Dwyer and Brown all pushing for senior selection. I doubt this first gamer had a better game then any of them three last weekend.

[edit] He says he doesn't want to ruin it for the players family so obviously it's not his first game of AFL football and fortunately that rules out Armstrong.

Why on earth are we playing a a first gamer when we have Adams, Dwyer and Brown all pushing for senior selection. I doubt this first gamer had a better game then any of them three last weekend.

This first gamer better not be Armstrong or I will tear my hair out.

I hope you tear your hair out then;)

He says he doesn't want to ruin it for the players family so obviously it's not his first game of AFL football and fortunately that rules out Armstrong.

My thoughts exactly... It's annoying me if it's true because I just can't see why it's necessary this week.

If it was Marsh in for Langdon this would actually make a bit of sense to me.

I have said earlier in this thread that if we kept the team unchanged we would have a headache selecting the sub. Ball is back in starting, so who is the sub? Blair or Langdon look the likeliest. There have already been a number of posts as to why Blair is important to the side so can't see him being the sub.

That leaves Langdon as the sub. Problem is I can't see him being that effective in that role. Marsh on the other hand coming on in the 4th when the game is slowing down - he could do some real damage. Again it's a real left field pick, but there might be some basis for it. Tough on Langdon, but he'll get plenty more chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could it be Broomhead? Was listed as 'test' on the injury list.
Nope, can not be Broomhead, hasn't even played a game since the Geelong practice match to start the NAB Challenge.

I'm leaning towards Pendles talking about "ANZAC day first gamers", not an actual first gamer, because here's the first game options;

Marsh - too raw, nowhere near ready
Ramsay - Been good the last few weeks but not as good as Adams, Dwyer or Brown
Broomhead - First game back this Saturday, no chance

Goldsack for mine, versatile enough to cover a legitimate injury and brings in a bit of aggression. He isn't good enough to be a 4 quarter player but sub suits him perfectly I think.

I think we need to hit them hard early with our pressure.. Goldy is our best at it.. I'd start him and look to sub off later

Goldsack for mine, versatile enough to cover a legitimate injury and brings in a bit of aggression. He isn't good enough to be a 4 quarter player but sub suits him perfectly I think.
Goldsack has been good with the chasing and pressure acts and can play a defensive role on a guy like Hibberd. Can't see him being the sub.

It could be Karnezis but that would be just dumb to play a bloke after one game with such a limited pre season as well.

Goldsack has been good with the chasing and pressure acts and can play a defensive role on a guy like Hibberd. Can't see him being the sub.

He is, but he disappears a lot for mine. I think his defense and pressure would stand out even more in the last quarter, especially if it is a close game.

I really can't think of anyone else to be sub. Blair possibly as you said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back