Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the shoe was on the other foot. Lets be honest. The climate in Brisbane is a little bit different to Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney. I don't agree with the way he handled it publicly. But I don't have problem with being frustrated getting a day game in Brisbane followed by a 6 day break. Its more significant than you might think. I've spent months and months running hard in 12-17 degree temps, then you get a day which is 23 and it nearly kills you. Heat training in pre-season would be irrelevant.

Whilst you maybe right I still feel that Sando could have handled it better. In fact I was embarrassed by his comment. So if you guys want to take the pisser then go ahead. On this occasion we sound like squealing pigs. But it was a bloody good win. :)

Whilst you maybe right I still feel that Sando could have handled it better. In fact I was embarrassed by his comment. So if you guys want to take the pisser then go ahead. On this occasion we sound like squealing pigs. But it was a bloody good win. :)
I agreed with that though. The public airing of the frustration. But don't blame him for feeling that way.

I feel sometimes people have this hate relationship with Crows/Port that they don't just tell it like it is. I dont' understand the hate for Sando, he's alright. And quite often Crows and Power fans contradict themselves by bitching about the other, but when the shoes on the other foot its a different story.

There was a caller on AA last night so impressed with the Crows demolition of Brisbane that he's convinced they're going to do a 97-98 & win a flag from outside the top 4.

Bone was the only one putting that win into perspective they've been as up & down as us this year it was a good win no doubt especially being 2 rotations down for a half but they got thrashed by the eagles at home last week.

It seems every club bar Sydney, Hawthorn & Geelong have had flaky patches during the season we are no different & experience wise are still a little way off from becoming a team that can sustain a winning run like we had at the start of the year.
Yeah, that was cringeworthy. Heard that and was like wtf. I don't even dream that hard.

Well if the Crows are ever going to get over 52,000 it should be this week. There are plenty of Richmond supporters in Adelaide and if the ones in Melbourne are ever going to get over here this is the week to do it. It is still a tough ask though there's always going to be a few thousand members with seats that can't get there.

Rowe is convinced crows will break our crowd record this weekend.. **** me this guy is a ********.. wouldn't ever promote our games at Adelaide oval.

I still don't understand why they don't get one port guy and one crows guy on the sports show .. surely they would get more listener's??

Well you're a port supporter and you're still listening, along with quite a few others judging from the shakes head thread so I can't imagine adding a port person to the panel will make a difference.

There was a caller on AA last night so impressed with the Crows demolition of Brisbane that he's convinced they're going to do a 97-98 & win a flag from outside the top 4.

Bone was the only one putting that win into perspective they've been as up & down as us this year it was a good win no doubt especially being 2 rotations down for a half but they got thrashed by the eagles at home last week.

It seems every club bar Sydney, Hawthorn & Geelong have had flaky patches during the season we are no different & experience wise are still a little way off from becoming a team that can sustain a winning run like we had at the start of the year.
But it'd have nothing to do with 97/98, because we're under a different finals system now. In 1998, the Crows got smashed by Melbourne by 8 goals, but got lucky because the 7th and 8th ranked teams both lost. If the same thing were to happen today, the Fruit Tingles would be planning their Mad Monday.

Rowe is convinced crows will break our crowd record this weekend.. **** me this guy is a ********.. wouldn't ever promote our games at Adelaide oval.

I still don't understand why they don't get one port guy and one crows guy on the sports show .. surely they would get more listener's??

How far away are they? 25k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it'd have nothing to do with 97/98, because we're under a different finals system now. In 1998, the Crows got smashed by Melbourne by 8 goals, but got lucky because the 7th and 8th ranked teams both lost. If the same thing were to happen today, the Fruit Tingles would be planning their Mad Monday.
Wasn't it back then though that 1v8 2v7th and so on in the first week of the finals?

Wasn't it back then though that 1v8 2v7th and so on in the first week of the finals?
Yep, and there was a thing called a "lucky loser" rule. I think the Crows finished 5th at the end of the minor round: if the 7th or 8th ranked team had won in the first week of the finals, it was bye bye Adelaide. But they were the rules at the time, and the Crows took full advantage.

Kane Mitchell had the ball and a player fell into him FFS. What exactly was he meant to do?

At least they admit the Buddy push in the back was a mistake though there's no mention of the Andrew Moore 50m penalty farce.

Kane Mitchell had the ball and a player fell into him FFS. What exactly was he meant to do?

At least they admit the Buddy push in the back was a mistake though there's no mention of the Andrew Moore 50m penalty farce.
Yeah apparently it's ok to 'accidentally' slide in and take someone's legs out but it's not ok to accidentally fall on said person :drunk:

Yes, the infamous McIntyre River Final Eight system.

Between that and Carlton making a Grand Final after finishing 6th and getting spanked by 12 goals in week one the very next year, the system was mercifully shelved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back