List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siposs will always attract some interest from clubs because he's an elite kick.

Simpkin may appeal to someone like GWS who will continue to need hardened bodies to go along with their freakishly talented kids, or teams that reckon they can carry a purely shutdown 3rd tall defender.

Granted, neither has a whole lot of currency.

Maybe CArlton will be into him? They couldn't get the first Goddard, so maybe they will want to grab the next Goddard...

For everything Watters did wrong, playing Siposs on a half back flank is one of the best coaching moves I've seen at our club since Ross Lyon started 2009 with Jimmy Gwilt on a half forward flank.

Going to be very annoying if we let him go without trying to get that working again in the new system. He has superstar potential is could be turfed because he didn't shine as a 3rd tall forward with one of the worst midfields in the comp kicking it to him.

Wait... they didn't even really kick it to him they were so Roo conscious early in the season.

Hope he can hang on and get a chance in a more suitable position next year because I think if we cut him he might struggle to find a home based on being pigeon-holed as a forward when he could be a top line hbf/wingman.

Reasons for dropping were made pretty clear by the club. It is more about his defensive work and 2nd efforts where he needs to improve.

For everything Watters did wrong, playing Siposs on a half back flank is one of the best coaching moves I've seen at our club since Ross Lyon started 2009 with Jimmy Gwilt on a half forward flank.

Going to be very annoying if we let him go without trying to get that working again in the new system. He has superstar potential is could be turfed because he didn't shine as a 3rd tall forward with one of the worst midfields in the comp kicking it to him.

Wait... they didn't even really kick it to him they were so Roo conscious early in the season.

Hope he can hang on and get a chance in a more suitable position next year because I think if we cut him he might struggle to find a home based on being pigeon-holed as a forward when he could be a top line hbf/wingman.
Superstar potential I wouldn't think so, we like all supporters rate our players a little high but there's a reason he was pick75 in the draft and why he has struggled to get a game. imo

Are you being serious? The reason that Siposs never made it at half back is because he's terribly slow and very lazy. His only chance of ever making it as an AFL player is/was as a third tall forward but he will never make it there either....because he's terribly slow and very lazy. People over rate him so much because of his supposed elite kicking, I think he's a long kick, not an elite kick.

Are you being serious? The reason that Siposs never made it at half back is because he's terribly slow and very lazy. His only chance of ever making it as an AFL player is/was as a third tall forward but he will never make it there either....because he's terribly slow and very lazy. People over rate him so much because of his supposed elite kicking, I think he's a long kick, not an elite kick.

Spot on under pressure his kicking falls away completely

Superstar potential I wouldn't think so, we like all supporters rate our players a little high but there's a reason he was pick75 in the draft and why he has struggled to get a game.

Love it :) when pick number is used for players ability :cool:Hird Essendon pick 79 Sam Fisher pick 55 .:cool:

Think personally saints will look pretty silly giving Aaron contract for next year & trading him for very little return
From what I have seen Aaron has a football brain it is all about work rate a bloke called Suckling had similar issues at a top club. He made it think more chance Aaron making it than Stanley who has the tools but again is not a natural footballer .
Think if you over 30 not contracted by season end you are gone.

Was Pelchins comments today about taking best available regardless of position our best indication of our intention to draft Petracca?

What makes you think that St Kilda think Petracca is best available? It's still a two horse race as far as I'm concerned, may even come down to the Combine results.

Was Pelchins comments today about taking best available regardless of position our best indication of our intention to draft Petracca?

What makes you think that St Kilda think Petracca is best available? It's still a two horse race as far as I'm concerned, may even come down to the Combine results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you hear them say they'll take best available regardless of position to me that shouts Petracca, and how me may overlook our forward line struggles with our first pick.

I also fail to see how it means Petracca..

just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.. I've rarely seen any phantom drafts etc have Petracca against of McCartin.

just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.. I've rarely seen any phantom drafts etc have Petracca against of McCartin.
Agree, I'd be surprised if we picked anyone else if we were to keep it. Unfortunately Eastern won't make the TAC Cup Finals.

Agree, I'd be surprised if we picked anyone else if we were to keep it. Unfortunately Eastern won't make the TAC Cup Finals.
Is the regular season over?

Is that only because everyone is expecting St Kilda to take a KPF, though?

Is that only because everyone is expecting St Kilda to take a KPF, though?
Brett Anderson who's draft work i rate very highly and had us taking Billings, Dunstan and Acres before anyone else still thinks Paddy is ahead of Petracca. So i don't think it's just because people expect us to take a KPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back