List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Road to the draft also apoke to Lachie Weller, sounds like a ripping young lad. Also mentioned how close and how much he seeks advice and mentoring from his brother.
Make it happen before GC snap him up Pelchen (without paying overs) them suns already have enough talent!.

Road to the draft also apoke to Lachie Weller, sounds like a ripping young lad. Also mentioned how close and how much he seeks advice and mentoring from his brother.
Make it happen before GC snap him up Pelchen (without paying overs) them suns already have enough talent!.
GC don't get priority on him or anything, he can be drafted by anyone.

Na, let GC do the ground work for 2 years & then get him to walk to the PSD... ;)

Was Pelchins comments today about taking best available regardless of position our best indication of our intention to draft Petracca?

That depends on who they rate as best available. We might not rate Cp as best available.

Or maybe he is playing mind games with GWS and hinting that we will take him so they had better deal if they want him so badly.

We need experienced players as well.. Can't just go and trade them all out, isn't that what Melbourne did? traded/delisted out experienced players to become the rabble they are today.

They need players from clubs with some recent success and who set high standards. No point recruiting mature players from loser clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That depends on who they rate as best available. We might not rate Cp as best available.

Or maybe he is playing mind games with GWS and hinting that we will take him so they had better deal if they want him so badly.
It also could depend on how highly they rate the bunch of talls on the list that arnt playing seniors. Signing Lee for 2 more years could be a sign too. Weve already signed a lot of talls last couple years a lot of them have been injured.
We dont know how good Pierce is gona be. We dont know how good Lee is gona be. We dont know how good Holmes is gona be in 2 years. We have another 2 talls in nz scholorship.
You think they would rate mccartin that highly to take him in front of a stand out mid?

Found it interesting yesterday on radio Matt Finnis said that the club have asked the AFL to play more matches against Hawks and North in Tas because of our tassy supporters and Mav, Eli + Jimmy.

I wonder if we'll look to draft another Tasmanian kid this year? obviously only if he is any good.

Beau and Lenny are already gone...
In no particular order: Jones, TDL, Milera, Simpkin, Dunell, Siposs, Schneider and Pierce are in genuine trouble, and;
Ross, Murdoch, Saunders, Markworth, White and Lee would have to be looking over their shoulders to varying degrees, and;
Gwilt is a possible FA loss, and;
Shenton and Minchington have to go if they're not upgraded.
That's 18 blokes who have their issues. That enough?
19 Uncle, but who's counting.
Listened to Pelchen this morning (SEN) very clear guys over 30 out of contract gone
Also have feeling Petracca will be selected as club will select best player available regardless of the position they play was the comment.
Said unless they received Godfather offer for pick 1 that will be the case
Something tells me Montagna, Dempster, Schneider and Fisher are gonna play out of their skins this week.
Seany D is the one player we never mention cos we rate him so highly.
Since we seem destined to sell the farm anyway, the question must have been asked internally (so I'll play the devil's advocate here).
How much for a beloved warhorse?
First rounder (free agent compo) or don't even think about it?

We need experienced players as well.. Can't just go and trade them all out, isn't that what Melbourne did? traded/delisted out experienced players to become the rabble they are today.

i dont think that was the main reason melbourne are where they are. think its bigger than that. also think we can afford to part with 1 of those

19 Uncle, but who's counting.

Something tells me Montagna, Dempster, Schneider and Fisher are gonna play out of their skins this week.
Seany D is the one player we never mention cos we rate him so highly. Don't know if he's been re-signed.
Since we seem destined to sell the farm anyway, the question must have been asked internally (so I'll play the devil's advocate here).
How much for a beloved warhorse?
First rounder (free agent compo) or give that man a contract and don't even think about it?
Dempster has just resigned for next year

Am I the only one around here who doesn't think James Frawley is worth Band 1 compensation?! He was a very good player about 2 or 3 years ago and since then has been good, but not great. We couldn't even get Band 2 compensation for Dal Santo! Who came 2nd in a Brownlow and has several AA selections next to his name, I know the system doesn't work on talent but rather the age and offer of the new club but the AFL still has a whole lot of discretion and choice on a case-by-case basis, how they can say Frawley is pick 3 worthy and Dal Santo is 25 is just beyond me.

BAH.
Is this suburban footy, or the elite competition universally known as the AFL..!
Pick 3 for a player lucky to scrape into the top 10 B & F of a side that's finished second last. Got "Dodgy" Demetriou's handywork plastered all over this method of awarding compensation. FFS Buddy was pick 19 & Frawley's going to be pick 3, just doesn't stack up. At a minimum recent performances (last 3
B & F's etc ), age, & their new contract should dictate what compensation is awarded.

Found it interesting yesterday on radio Matt Finnis said that the club have asked the AFL to play more matches against Hawks and North in Tas because of our tassy supporters and Mav, Eli + Jimmy.

I wonder if we'll look to draft another Tasmanian kid this year? obviously only if he is any good.

Interesting.
And maybe we will. Players we could get late/rookie include Josh McGuiness (think he's another half back type though), Tim Jones and maybe Caleb Hislop. Josh Fox is a 19 y/o ruck but at 197cm would need to play forward predominately in the AFL I assume and I haven't seen much of him up forward (not to mention we're good for rucks) and his around the ground work is fantastic from what I saw (I'm sure we won't take him but I'm just throwing up some names of Tassie boys).

i think you are reading into it too much

i dont think that was the main reason melbourne are where they are. think its bigger than that. also think we can afford to part with 1 of those

Melbourne are afflicted in a similar way that we were after that game against the Hawks back in 99. It took years and a major list change to exorcise that loss.

Melbourne are in a similar flux because of their failures over the last 7 years IMO. They have no leaders who can raise the bar and stand up. The kids are tarnished because of that lack of mature leadership. Their list needs rebuilding in the mental stakes as well as talent stakes.

At least we have a few strong role models that know what it takes to get to the top. They will be into Malcheski like there's no tomorrow. Guys like Ray also fir the bill.

As for Frawley: If Geelong are into him, they won't be paying him bug $$$ because their policy prohibits it and he is not Gablett. So if he leaves it may be for success rather than money. As for other clubs, if they are dumb enough to throw big $$ at him then good luck to them. He is no Marquee player - that's for sure. I'm tipping an end of round 1 compo.

Last edited:
but i thought you said everyone was on mccartin :D
I also fail to see how it means Petracca..
just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.. I've rarely seen any phantom drafts etc have Petracca ahead of McCartin.

Where did i say everyone was on McCartin? i said just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.

just... the key word i didn't say everyone. I was also basing it off every draft experts phantom drafts that i have seen which is about 5-6.

He also said Petracca "just" so obviously doesn't think there is much difference between McCartin and Petracca. What's to say our club also "just" rate Petracca ahead of McCartin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back