List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be picky, but...

Dempster has signed on for next year.. or he has signed a contract...

You don't resign, you sign. It's done once.

Not having a go at you. :)
whatever makes you feel good about yourself

Where did i say everyone was on McCartin? i said just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.

just... the key word i didn't say everyone. I was also basing it off every draft experts phantom drafts that i have seen which is about 5-6.

He also said Petracca "just" so obviously doesn't think there is much difference between McCartin and Petracca. What's to say our club also "just" rate Petracca ahead of McCartin?

i think it shows that almost everyone expects us to take a tall. i think people are fixated on us finding the reiwoldt replacement. add to it previous drafts delivering the big KPF at pick 1 and i think its helped push mccartin up to pick 1

like brett said, if you were to pick on best available pertracca seems to be everyones choice. hard to pick but i think the majority of people are leaning in that direction

i think it shows that almost everyone expects us to take a tall. i think people are fixated on us finding the reiwoldt replacement. add to it previous drafts delivering the big KPF at pick 1 and i think its helped push mccartin up to pick 1

like brett said, if you were to pick on best available pertracca seems to be everyones choice. hard to pick but i think the majority of people are leaning in that direction

Must admit that I have swung around to your way of thinking about strong mids over KPF's. If CP was a standout then yeah. But if it is so even then needs based might be the way to go fr this year. Unless we rate other talls lower down the order which we think will be ok.

Where did i say everyone was on McCartin? i said just about every draft "expert" all rate Patrick McCartin as the #1 pick.

just... the key word i didn't say everyone. I was also basing it off every draft experts phantom drafts that i have seen which is about 5-6.

He also said Petracca "just" so obviously doesn't think there is much difference between McCartin and Petracca. What's to say our club also "just" rate Petracca ahead of McCartin?

Twomey has today switched from McCartin to Petracca, given Saints almost can't lose the pick now (barring major upsets) wondering if he is factoring in the team now?

:eek: - Whitfield Scully Watts* Murphy Gibbs Deledio Cooney Headland Johnstone are all #1 picks and midfielders who have silky skills.

I'd put forward that none of them were even top of their draft, let alone top 5 -10 players in the comp. We should just take the best player available - mid/forward or whatever.

Petracca has been likened to Dusty (big bodied mid who goes forward to great effect). Would you take any of this list ahead of Dusty? Not saying he's gonna be equal to Dusty either

Whitfield over Dusty easily. But you make a solid point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then my nail clippings for a Rolls Royce :drunk:

They want lots of mature players and extra picks inside the top 20 and pick 2/3 is the main currency they have. I'm sure they will get better offers but I think we could make a reasonable one if we wanted. I'd bet money that clubs rate Armo and Gwilt higher than fans do.

Noticed some stats from the Under 18 championships that might be useful for identifying potential gun outside-type players:
  • averages more than 15 kicks a game
  • disposal efficiency over 80%
Tasmania
Josh Fox 18 - 88%
Josh McGuinness 26 - 84%
Queensland
Darcy Cameron-Reeves 21 - 80%
Ben Keays 23 - 81%
NSW/ACT
Michael Mattingly 17 - 80%
Vic Metro
Ed Vickers-Willis 16 - 81%
Daniel McKenzie 18 - 88%
Vic Country
Darcy Tucker 21 - 80%
Teia Miles 15 - 84%
Daniel Capiron 16 - 81%
South Australia
Caleb Daniel 20 - 91%
Western Australia
Jacob Dragovich 15 - 83%

Just another reason to not overlook Caleb Daniel?

Why would Armo or Gwilt (who is a FA anyway) even agree to go to that complete rabble of a place? (yes we aren't much better at the moment but Melbourne have been completely pathetic for how many years now....)

especially when Armo would probably have suitors who'll be playing finals football.

Why would Armo or Gwilt (who is a FA anyway) even agree to go to that complete rabble of a place? (yes we aren't much better at the moment but Melbourne have been completely pathetic for how many years now....)

especially when Armo would probably have suitors who'll be playing finals football.

No idea why they would agree to it but in that hypothetical I didn't really care. I didn't forget that Gwilt was a FA, but if the Dees wanted him they wouldn't take him via FA or else they would dilute their Frawley compo. This has a nice side effect of increasing Gwilts value (assuming they get pick 3 for Frawley).

There's a train of thought in here that we'll just de-list a whole heap of mid range players, including Siposs and Simpkin. It just won't happen. Even if we upgrade all 4 rookies (which is really just putting in mid range players for other mid range players - Eli excepted) we'd still need to use pick 1, pick 21, pick 40, pick 60 and pick 78 on new draftees(assuming we have 9 spots open)...

We'll trade people, whether it's older players or picks or a combination of both. Tough calls will be made and we'll move up the draft order

if gwilt is told he wont be offered another contract, i bet he'd happily go to melbourne

Twomey has today switched from McCartin to Petracca, given Saints almost can't lose the pick now (barring major upsets) wondering if he is factoring in the team now?

Just his personal rankings/form guide. His proper phantom draft with players linked to clubs won't come out until just prior to the draft.

And what's to say another club hasn't offered him a contract as a free agent? considering Crows are apparently interested in him.

nothing, just think people are over-stating how unattractive the club would be. theyve had a couple of bad loses but people forget they have taken it to a fair few sides this year. wasnt long ago people were talking them up and how far roos had taken them. older players who might be interested in coaching might like the idea of playing under roos too

they still manage to attract talent as well. i'd rather play for melbourne than carlton and they seem to attract more talent than GWS

people tend to have short memories

Just his personal rankings/form guide. His proper phantom draft with players linked to clubs won't come out until just prior to the draft.

Interesting, read from both Saints and Giants camps are "best available", I guess today that means Petracca..
Am hoping one of the two get Lever.

Are you being serious? The reason that Siposs never made it at half back is because he's terribly slow and very lazy. His only chance of ever making it as an AFL player is/was as a third tall forward but he will never make it there either....because he's terribly slow and very lazy. People over rate him so much because of his supposed elite kicking, I think he's a long kick, not an elite kick.

No point being an elite kick if you can't get the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back