List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be averse to him being an el cheapo pickup, a la Mav last year. Just about to turn 23, 200cm, 104kg, 1.7 scoring shots a game (albeit inaccurate). He'd basically be a Maister replacement as a developed backup tall forward, but a lot younger, and more in our window. He still could come good, and if after a year he doesn't, we dump him to create space on the list for a gun tall that is out of contract.
He's better than Maister, with more upside IMO

Joey & Pick 40 -> Griffiths & Pick 29?

Dunno about Griffiths. He looks to play Stanley's role, similar age and has showed less. Don't get me wrong I'd still happily take him just don't think he and Stanley play in the same team nor does he fill our true full forward role like McCartin would.

Dunno about Griffiths. He looks to play Stanley's role, similar age and has showed less. Don't get me wrong I'd still happily take him just don't think he and Stanley play in the same team nor does he fill our true full forward role like McCartin would.
We probably aren't even into him just Richmond supporters talking s**t about us "interested" because we don't have many key forwards.

image.jpg

Stanley benefits from time in the ruck, I think Griff is more of a forward only.

Late pick or PSD only though IMO.

I've heard Griffiths to St Kilda from a few different sources.

Out of contract, highly rated by my Richmond mates. I say get him in the PSD if we can't get Jahkckshhs
Siposs & our 4th rd pick for Griffiths..
Recruiting Griffiths would be significant, releasing Bruce to head back & allowing Lee to develop as a 3rd tall forward/defender.. Similar player/role to Hawthorn's David Hale, but Griffiths will be a much better forward..Draft Petracca if the Cameron/Boyd trade doesn't pan out..
PSD Jaksch or O'Rourke adding more talent/depth to our KD or midfield..

Won't be popular but I would target Jack Watts. Still only 23, very good skills and motor. I don't expect him to live up to his early career expectations however I think a change of environment and tutelage under Richo would see some improvement. Even at his current level he's easily best 22 in our team. I've heard from a number of sources he will be offloaded at the end of the season and if the draft pick/player trade price is right then I hope we give it a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be popular but I would target Jack Watts. Still only 23, very good skills and motor. I don't expect him to live up to his early career expectations however I think a change of environment and tutelage under Richo would see some improvement. Even at his current level he's easily best 22 in our team. I've heard from a number of sources he will be offloaded at the end of the season and if the draft pick/player trade price is right then I hope we give it a thought.

I wouldn't be against a swap of picks 1 and 2 for one of Watts/whoever but I doubt the Dees would be interested in doing something like that.

Wouldn't mind him but where would you see him playing? Perhaps replacing Chips?

And can he be 'de-Melbourned'? Morton and Gysberts couldn't be so can Watts?

If we can turn around his attitude he's a high-level footballer, but if we can't he's a team-killer defensively.

One of the biggest "no's" you'll ever get from me. He's just not a contact sport player and that's putting it nicely, worst case he infects all our young players with his not working hard enough attitude. Massive pass.

Siposs & our 4th rd pick for Griffiths..
Recruiting Griffiths would be significant, releasing Bruce to head back & allowing Lee to develop as a 3rd tall forward/defender.. Similar player/role to Hawthorn's David Hale, but Griffiths will be a much better forward..Draft Petracca if the Cameron/Boyd trade doesn't pan out..
PSD Jaksch or O'Rourke adding more talent/depth to our KD or midfield..

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Agree

Griffiths and Jaksch (in the PSD) would allow us to use picks 1 & our 2nd on midfielders - Petracca and best available speedy mid for mine

I like the flexibility of Jaksch and Bruce being able to play both ends and Griffiths as another fwd option along with White and Lee to support Stanley and Roo (for the next 2 seasons anyway)....

Wouldn't mind him but where would you see him playing? Perhaps replacing Chips?

And can he be 'de-Melbourned'? Morton and Gysberts couldn't be so can Watts?

High half forward / Loose in defence

He would be a perfect Roo or Fisher replacement. Obviously not to the same level.

One of the biggest "no's" you'll ever get from me. He's just not a contact sport player and that's putting it nicely, worst case he infects all our young players with his not working hard enough attitude. Massive pass.

He's actually a high production player who wins a lot of footy and covers a heap of ground and that suggests he works his arse off. Obviously confidence is a major issue.

I wouldn't be against a swap of picks 1 and 2 for one of Watts/whoever but I doubt the Dees would be interested in doing something like that.

Probably still holds a bit of value. A pick inside or around 20 I'd say.

I was thinking a mature player + 3rd rounder.

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Agree

Griffiths and Jaksch (in the PSD) would allow us to use picks 1 & our 2nd on midfielders - Petracca and best available speedy mid for mine

I like the flexibility of Jaksch and Bruce being able to play both ends and Griffiths as another fwd option along with White and Lee to support Stanley and Roo (for the next 2 seasons anyway)....

That was my train of thought, & in a year or 2 it's our turn to pillage FA & top up where necessary..

That was my train of thought, & in a year or 2 it's our turn to pillage FA & top up where necessary..

I just really think we have a weak midfield. Our inside work is going to get better and improve over the next 2 years or so led by Dunstan and Ross (who I think will make it) but we miss those elite mids and those pacy mids. If we had those we would win more of the ball, be able to move it quicker thru the midfield, and deliver it better to and to the advantage of Reiwoldt/Stanley/other fwds.

Imagine that!!!

High half forward / Loose in defence

He would be a perfect Roo or Fisher replacement. Obviously not to the same level.

He's actually a high production player who wins a lot of footy and covers a heap of ground and that suggests he works his arse off. Obviously confidence is a major issue.
Change of scenery might break the shackles & he'd no longer be burdened with the former No 1 draft pick tag..Could be a high risk, high return project player for Richo & co..

I just really think we have a weak midfield. Our inside work is going to get better and improve over the next 2 years or so led by Dunstan and Ross (who I think will make it) but we miss those elite mids and those pacy mids. If we had those we would win more of the ball, be able to move it quicker thru the midfield, and deliver it better to and to the advantage of Reiwoldt/Stanley/other fwds.

Imagine that!!!
Eli will become a a more than handy link up mid with clean skills. Whilst Billings will go to another level or two hopefully.
The best sides over the last decade have 4 or 5 top mids, with another 4 or 5 very handy mids rotating through..

I noticed Connor Blakely averaged 21 D, 6 tackles, 7 clearances at 79% eff, for his four games in the Champs....
Got no idea how he moves on field, but those numbers are v good..
Seen somewhere he's in the range 15-30 for the draft..
Against SA in his first game he racked up 26 touches of which 17 were contested, 9 clearances, 7 tackles, 7 I50's @ 73%..

Has the kid got any pace..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back