List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would want him at a pretty good trade price but those that doubt Jack Watts ability need to rewatch Round 1. He was very, very good that night. If he can work on his defensive game then he will develop into a more than decent player.

Please NO he has been in the system 6 years now and he played a good game round 1 this year

Watts and R'Volt in the same forward line? Sounds electric.

Okay, I got that out of the way.

Now, No. No. Let me think about that a bit more... No.

the only way the dees part with watts is if they are getting a first round draft pick. cant see us giving that up
Yep, exactly. It needs to be worthwhile for the Dees to consider it. It would either be part of a deal to swap first round picks or we'd need to offer our second. Massive pass for me. I'd rather take the risk in the draft.

Coming around to the idea of Griffths though. We'd have more chance of getting him in the PSD than getting Jacksh in the PSD. At the moment, you'd say Roo and Rhys are probably our first picked forwards, but that 3rd tall spot is up for grabs. He'd make good competition for Lee and White or good back-up in case of injury. It gives us the opportunity to play Bruce at CHB, and already our KPP stocks look better (and better again if we get McCartin or McKenzie). I'd only do it if it was for a pick 40+ though.

I just really think we have a weak midfield. Our inside work is going to get better and improve over the next 2 years or so led by Dunstan and Ross (who I think will make it) but we miss those elite mids and those pacy mids. If we had those we would win more of the ball, be able to move it quicker thru the midfield, and deliver it better to and to the advantage of Reiwoldt/Stanley/other fwds.

Imagine that!!!
This is where I think an upgraded Minchington could be very useful...

Yes to Griffiths for a third rounder or later, gigantic no to those demented Tiger requests for a second rounder, just because Richmond was dumb enough to part with a second rounder for Hampson & more importantly Megan Gale doesn't mean we don't value draft picks.

Even bigger no to Watts, Dees would want too much for someone with too much baggage.

Watts and R'Volt in the same forward line? Sounds electric.

Okay, I got that out of the way.

Now, No. No. Let me think about that a bit more... No.
4281285527_e607c436aa.jpg

Griffiths can also play back no? Would provide a lot if flexibility.

The way I see it, it's what is needed in a forward nowadays. McCartin would be a player more suited to the 80s and 90s. Nowadays you have to put on pressure, tackle, make it hard for the oppositions ball movement, and you can sort of see it in the forwards we have brought in.

Lee and White are both more agile than your hulking forwards like Cloke and Brown. Griffiths seems like the type who is a bit more flexible like this despite his height. Lethal combination with Stanley, Griffiths and White...

In saying that McCartin would provide a nice POD moving forward compared to the rest. Griffiths can play that FF role as well I suppose, a lot of guys have stated as such on this board, but I think he is best roaming and clunking his marks and shooting for those goals 50-60 out like Rhys

Could be wrong :cool: but am hoping that Stanley is one they let go with a trade myself saints supporters have been seduced by his Athletic prowess but he really lacks football smarts runs to wrong areas , complete brain fades eg like forgetting he was in the ruck 2 weeks when up with Hayes going for centre bounce.
Would prefer the hard decisions be made he has had one of the best mentors in the game to show him for 6 years.

He ain't a forward he's is a Ruckman something they now have plenty of .

Trade Milera back to Port Adelaide for Tom Clurey .

Trade Stanley to other prefer Gws if he agrees to it for Whiley & Jaksch or draft pick with Port Adelaide / Gws

Can not see both Gwilt or Fisher on list only 1 .

They need to some how get Petracca Lever Webb Wigg in team with the draft.......good luck.

Could be wrong :cool: but am hoping that Stanley is one they let go with a trade myself saints supporters have been seduced by his Athletic prowess but he really lacks football smarts runs to wrong areas , complete brain fades eg like forgetting he was in the ruck 2 weeks when up with Hayes going for centre bounce.
Would prefer the hard decisions be made he has had one of the best mentors in the game to show him for 6 years.

Trade Stanley to other prefer Gws if he agrees to it for Whiley & Jaksch or draft pick with Port Adelaide / Gws

They need to some how get Petracca Lever Webb Wigg in team with the draft.......good luck.
GTFO Stanley isn't going anywhere. Their would be 15 guys on our list we would part with before him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? He's just starting to show his ability now, and you want to get rid of him? Wow.

lol. I still don't understand why people want to trade either Stanley or Ross. We've already put the hard yards into them from a development point of view, why the heck would we let other clubs reap the benefits of all our efforts in getting these two guys up to speed.

Stanley is only 23, he was always going to take a good 5-6 years to come good (and to be fair, apart from this year, he's been injury prone and barely had any continuity). I feel like he's shown a heck of a lot over the last few weeks, and those who make it to games can attest to the fact that, earlier in the year, his effort levels were maybe 60%, but now it's encroaching 80-90%. He also can't help it when our mids/defs bloody kick floaters that are difficult to mark, or completely missing him. Give him another year or two, once our midfield improves, I can see him being a devastating sling-shot weapon on the counter-attack and a hard man to beat on the lead, as long as we can bloody hit some targets.

Seb Ross has only had 3 preseasons, he was never in the physical shape to be a Luke Dunstan type, who comes in and develops, he's a slow burner. It's not like he hasn't show flashes of potential. I've tried to watch him as closely as possible on the inside, his composure around packs is good (in terms of getting the ball and making a decision) however, given we haven't had continuity at all through the entire list, most of the time, I feel like he looks up, and he isn't sure where players will instinctively be. On the occasions he does, he nails them, like that left foot bullet to Gwilt, I believe against the dogs.

I'll call it now Seb Ross is going to make many eat their words next season.

Go on, bookmark my post. :D

In a way, it'll benefit Sebby if Lenny retires. I think he just needs more time in the middle, in the heat of it, and he'll come good. Can't wait to see him prove all the doubters wrong in the next couple of years. Absolutely worth persisting with IMO.

Really? He's just starting to show his ability now, and you want to get rid of him? Wow.

As I have said many many Stkilda supporters are seduced by Rhys ( me included ) he has all the physical
attributes to do it & club will probably keep him :( .

With Milera agree not great currency but Clurey has been at Port Adelaide for 2 years not been given a lot of chances given their strength across Half back as I have stated this what I hope for might not happen

Spencer white and lewi peirce named in the squad this week. Thoughts?

Would love to see both of them get a game to be honest, just want to see them play a full match rather then some VFL highlights for once.
Probably more interested in seeing Spencer White this week because of our tall forward situation, would like to see him and what we're working with, not to mention at the MCG there's a lot of space for him, Roo and Stanley to roam around.

Is Clint Jones a chance to be bought back for Lenny's last game in Melbourne? Is that why he's been selected in the squad? (or just a bigger body/career sendoff for him melbourne-wise).

Given THEIR strength across half back? haha.
Just quietly, WE have an overload of half back flankers if you hadn't noticed. ;)

Most of Port Adelaide half backs are young :cool: Jasper Pittard ,Lewis Stevenson , Hombsch , Hartlett ,Jonas
Young, Broadbent , Heath , Paul Stewart Logan & Cassisi will go

Yes saints have a few Dempster probably last year next year , Gwilt probably delisted or free agent
Gilbert nearly at the end ... Newnes will play midfield next year Fisher plays more as half back these days
Probably his last year they will need 1

Port have 11 this year.
:cool:

Most of Port Adelaide half backs are young :cool: Jasper Pittard ,Lewis Stevenson , Hombsch , Hartlett ,Jonas
Young, Broadbent , Heath , Paul Stewart Logan & Cassisi will go

Yes saints have a few Dempster probably last year next year , Gwilt probably delisted or free agent
Gilbert nearly at the end ... Newnes will play midfield next year Fisher plays more as half back these days
Probably his last year they will need 1

Port have 11 this year.
:cool:

Not even talking particularly about our senior players.
Shane Savage, Jarryn Geary, Jack Newnes, Dylan Roberton, Jimmy Webster, Brodie Murdoch and Nathan Wright will all play half back roles or be switching from there and the midfield/other possies (Newnes + Murdoch). Even Blake Acres can rotate of a half back flank and a wing.

Half back flank is probably the one area (maybe ruck) that for the moment we're good for with the amount of those types of players, we have a lot to work with already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back