List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

So back to Freo... do we actually 100% know, like from the club's mouth, that Duffy is signed up next year?

That's a "no" from the official club announcement point of view.

I think he might be in the wait basket until this week is over.

Gotta credit Freo with being able to keep things quieter nowadays, not hearing a thing about who we are offering up and we must be offering up some players as potential trades.

With Luke going around again maybe Smith to the rookie list?
Josh would have to be having a few sleepless nights.Its impossible to say who will go to make up the third delisting

Josh would have to be having a few sleepless nights.Its impossible to say who will go to make up the third delisting

It's not really impossible, well technically it is, but most probably by a long way now is Josh himself. He's the only one without a contract. Unless we trade out a player for picks, or are willing to terminate an existing players' contract which is not that easy to do, then we don't really have much choice.

Most likely:

Josh de-listed (maybe then hopefully picked up in the RL?)
Trade a contracted player out
Delist a player with existing contract

I can't believe all think talk suggesting T. Smith or Josh will be delisted or even transferred to the rookie list. I'd rather lose MDB or Suban than one of them.They have more potential than MDB or Suban ever will. Flame away, but you know it's true. Esp. with Josh, after seeing him in action, what a potential star. It was our mismanagement that contributed to the current predicament. I don't care if Ross has to beg to have him back and in the process debase himself and the club, whatever it takes.

Last edited:
I can't believe all think talk suggesting T. Smith or Josh will be delisted or even transferred to the rookie list. I'd rather lose MDB or Suban than one of them.They have more potential than MDB or Suban ever will. Flame away, but you know it's true. Esp. with Josh, after seeing him in action, what a potential star. It was our mismanagement that contributed to the current predicament. I don't care if Ross has to beg to have him back and in the process debase himself and the club, whatever it takes.

Interesting ideas for improving our management.

What's Tanner Smith done to impress you (apart from being listed as a key position player)?

How immediate do you want your impact?

Willing to wait as long as it takes, as long as we've seen signs that's it's coming. I have to be honest, I haven't seen a Peel game all year....hence I'm just asking the question as he rarely gets talked up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanner has been injured a fair bit and hasn't shown that much for Peel.

Tanner is a very nice guy but injury has not helped his case for staying on our list but of what we have seen he can play .
I think he would be rather nervous right now unless RTB has said to him that he is safe for now but we need you to show us why we should keep you on our list .

Tanner is a very nice guy but injury has not helped his case for staying on our list but of what we have seen he can play .
I think he would be rather nervous right now unless RTB has said to him that he is safe for now but we need you to show us why we should keep you on our list .

Hard to read your posts sometimes. From what I have seen of him he hasn't been that great however I'll hold my judgement until he gets to play for a sustained amount of time.

I saw a couple games early in the year when Pearce and Smith played together and I thought they looked great. I am confident that Smith could be an AFL quality backman in a few years but I am not confident in his body holding up based on this year and last years injuries. Who knows though? He's one of the only ones we have at this stage.

A few years ago there was another amazing tall defender who just could not get his body right, was always injured and was delisted by Hawthorne. He is now in the twilight of his career as Luke MacPharlin ...

Luke wasnt the player Luke is at the beginning of his career
Actually, he was. Hawthorn even went to the trouble of hiding him away from the rest of the comp so they could draft him on the sly. He went at number 10 and was hidden away once the Hawks scouts saw how good he was. They knew that he wouldn't last til 10 under normal circumstances. He was also part of the deal for our number one pick, our pick 20 and pick 36. Croad was part of that deal, but we paid our first 3 picks for TWO very good players. We obviously thought he was valuable bringing someone to the club with such a history of injury which at the time was difficult to treat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back