2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we going to get the ANZAC Day clash instead of the crows?
Is that a thing we care about? I'd rather we developed something that stood alone.
For example we had something a bit artificial going with Fremantle about 10 years ago. Now would be the time to reboot that, on the back of a fierce rivalry in 2014 and probably the same for a couple of years yet.

If Carlton are worthy of having 6 Friday night games in a year then we should certainly be able to get half of that amount.

Wheres the logic there. We deserve more Friday night games than Carlton this year. If Carlton get 6 we deserve 12.

I know the AFL doesn't work like that, but Carlton should be the ones getting 2-3.

Collingwood will be a Saturday night you'd think to coincide with the joint business lunch our two clubs started this year.

Kochie also spoke of the great success of a similar event organised in Sydney? Something about those folks being impressed with our numbers over there? Perhaps things like these lunches are how clubs consistently manage to get these 'high profile' fixtures they want. The more ways it benefits the clubs the more likely they are to form this kind of partnership..? Koch seems like the master of bringing it all together.

My Friday night predictions are:
Essendon Away
Hawthorn Home
Reckon these 2 will be definites

3rd I'm tempted to say North at Home but this might be a bridge too far for broadcasters. Collingwood are supposedly a Sat night fixture.
Carlton won't get the Friday night fixtures this year on the back of being so poor last year, none of the minnow Vic teams are a shot which I think leaves Richmond or Geelong, probably more likely Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Friday night predictions are:
Essendon Away
Hawthorn Home
Reckon these 2 will be definites

3rd I'm tempted to say North at Home but this might be a bridge too far for broadcasters. Collingwood are supposedly a Sat night fixture.
Carlton won't get the Friday night fixtures this year on the back of being so poor last year, none of the minnow Vic teams are a shot which I think leaves Richmond or Geelong, probably more likely Richmond.

Sydney?

Da
Is that a thing we care about? I'd rather we developed something that stood alone.
For example we had something a bit artificial going with Fremantle about 10 years ago. Now would be the time to reboot that, on the back of a fierce rivalry in 2014 and probably the same for a couple of years yet.
Damn right we should care. I'm from the veterans community and I can say from first hand knowledge that the crows have done nothing to deserve anything to do with ANZAC Day. Port on the other hand have been absolutely outstanding in support of the veterans community and involvement with those that recently deployed to Afghanistan. I'm not fussed with who we play but we definitely deserve that honour in South Australia to host the game.

The double ups

Hawthorn
Sydney
Fremantle
Richmond
Adelaide

Friday night games

Hawthorn (MCG)
Carlton (AO)
Collingwood (AO)

Swap Richmond with Collingwood as a night game and your on the money

IRRC port asked for that to be a home Saturday night game