2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

And Carlton open the season against Richmond on the Thursday night in the nationally televised game. **** off Carlton.

I think of ^^^^^ that as a kind of joke, warm-up game. After months off from footy I still CBF watching it. That has to say something about the two perpetual non-entities involved. I'd actually rather watch Melbourne play GWS FFS. At least we can see if one side looks like it might improve and/or or look for potential trade targets. So in effect, the season actually starts on friday night (at best)...

So the Crows have the mid-Sunday afternoon game (which will presumably be delayed unless it's a sell-out) and we have the late Sunday afternoon game? How does that work with TV coverage?

Great stuff AFL, it's only been one round and you've already ****ed the fixture up.

Can't believe we're made to go to bloody Perth again... WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING THIS LEAGUE?

Proof this league still thinks it's the VFL.

So the Crows have the mid-Sunday afternoon game (which will presumably be delayed unless it's a sell-out) and we have the late Sunday afternoon game? How does that work with TV coverage?

Great stuff AFL, it's only been one round and you've already ****ed the fixture up.

Could it be a 4:10 start in Perth and make it a Sunday night game here?

Date Venue Home v Away Teams Result High Disposals High Goals

Round 23, 30 Aug 2014 Patersons Stadium Fremantle defeats Port Adelaide 105-97 L. Neale 34 J. Schulz 6
Round 8, 10 May 2014 Adelaide Oval Port Adelaide defeats Fremantle 94-76 N. Fyfe 34 C. Wingard 5
Round 22, 24 Aug 2013 Patersons Stadium Fremantle defeats Port Adelaide 134-60 K. Cornes 29 M. Pavlich 4
H. Ballantyne 4
Round 18, 29 Jul 2012 AAMI Stadium Port Adelaide defeated by Fremantle 48-75 K. Cornes 31 -
Round 7, 13 May 2012 Patersons Stadium Fremantle defeats Port Adelaide 87-47 J. McCarthy 30 M. Pavlich 4
Round 9, 21 May 2011 AAMI Stadium Port Adelaide defeated by Fremantle 90-142 N. Fyfe 30 R. Gray 3
J. Schulz 3
K. Bradley 3
Round 14, 3 Jul 2010 Patersons Stadium Fremantle defeats Port Adelaide 115-58 R. Palmer 31 R. Crowley 5
Round 19, 9 Aug 2009 Patersons Stadium Fremantle defeats Port Adelaide 116-74 G. Broughton 37 C. Mayne 4
Round 11, 6 Jun 2009 AAMI Stadium Port Adelaide defeats Fremantle 94-70 K. Cornes 34 D. Rodan 3

Not including the Semi Final

Out of the last 9 times Port have played Fremantle, Fremantle have played 5 home Port have had 4

The 1st rnd next season will make it 6 to 4 in the last 10 minor round games...

AFL are an absolute basket case.

If this was accurate we would probably have the hardest schedule of any side. Miss out on the weakest of the top 6 (geelong kangaroos) and get arguably the strongest 7-12 team (Richmond) twice.

Its just a prediction, but we were always going to get one of the hardest draws in the comp and playing Fremantle in the 1st round pretty much confirms we will play them twice.

We were always going to get a tough draw and I welcome it. If we are going be premiership contenders next year playing Fremantle in Perth should not hold any fears or playing any of the big sides twice. Whoever we play the one thing that will play to our advantage is we will play at home in the last round which is pretty important in our preparation for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The human mind cannot conceive of a more mundane way to start the season than Richmond v bloody Carlton.

They say Richmond and Carlton are 2 of the 'big 4 clubs' and there are clearly just trying to manufacture that these days with the opening round and the amount of Friday night games they get its just a joke.

R23 Fremantle - Away
REF Richmond - Home
RSF Fremantle - Away
RPF Hawthorn - Away
R01 Fremantle - Away

Unprecedented, surely.

Someone had R22 in Perth then a MCG final + SCG final + 2 MCG finals in 1998.

Rd1 away = Rd23 away hopefully in Melbourne.

Means Rd 2 and 4 will be home and ANZAC rd home game.

For TV purposes Crows should be 2-10 Sunday bounce down and Porf 5-10 EST for Rd 1.

I reckon we will get a 4-10 SA time Sunday for Rd 2 and Rd 3 will be crows home Showdown probably also on Sunday.

Someone had R22 in Perth then a MCG final + SCG final + 2 MCG finals in 1998.

Yeah that wasn't what I was angling at.

We're away to Fremantle 3 of 5 fixture weeks, Freo will have played us in 3 consecutive home games.

what the * is going on? move over west coast we might as well just live in Perth now.

what the * is going on? move over west coast we might as well just live in Perth now.

I reckon our win loss % at Subi is better than Freo's.

how come the spuds across the road get the first home game?

Rotation - we got the first one last year and our number 1 request was for Rd 4 to have a home game in the ANZAC round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back