Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching all those stars in the international rules was like watching pr0n. Boak, Gray and Wingard were brilliant!! Bring on 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually found it interesting.I can't remember ever watching it before.I think for once everyone took it seriously like Hodge said at the end.Everyone wanted to represent Australia.There were certainly no duds there.

its not footy, but its still a pretty good game and the team we had out there was awesome. thought chad played really well as did boak. was hodge the best, i doubt it.

It is ridiculous how Harry O'whateverhisnameisthesedays cops it, but Adam Goodes doesn't cop it (as much).

At least Lumumba has never called me a racist and murderer and rapist because I happen to have the same skin tone as people who committed atrocities 50+ years ago.

this is the hypocrisy of modern australia. it is wrong to label someone based on a stereotype. but it is ok to label a white male as a racist , and he is holding women back in the workforce/ and or somehow supporting rapist culture or something.

I really enjoyed watching the game ... Refused to listen to all the negative crap here and in the media. Watching that team of All-Australian superstars was just awesome ... Despite it being a hybrid game, the skills on display were just sublime! .... Glad I watched it! Gray was OK with a few nice moves, but Boak and Wingard were just sensational!!!

It was officially given as a "team goal". Smith was trying to clear it away from the goal but kicked it into the back of an Irish players legs and it rebounded into the goal.
I knew it was a camry

I really enjoyed watching the game ... Refused to listen to all the negative crap here and in the media. Watching that team of All-Australian superstars was just awesome ... Despite it being a hybrid game, the skills on display were just sublime! .... Glad I watched it! Gray was OK with a few nice moves, but Boak and Wingard were just sensational!!!

I will admit that I hated it a little bit less than I usually do.

It is ridiculous how Harry O'whateverhisnameisthesedays cops it, but Adam Goodes doesn't cop it (as much).

At least Lumumba has never called me a racist and murderer and rapist because I happen to have the same skin tone as people who committed atrocities 50+ years ago.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Haha, I don't exactly love the bloke but this is nonsense. Start a thread with his name in it on the main board and you will induce a whole lot of invective - moreso than any other player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The luke hodge wankfest continues
absolutely. There would have been about ten blokes who had a more meaningful influence on the result. I barely noticed him but obviously he was involved in enough uncontested to-ing and fro-ing in the back half to take him to the top of the stats list.

I enjoyed the game and often haven't in the past. Pick the best players in the game and it becomes worth watching. Who would've thought?

just read a tweet that former premiership player roger kerr has been stabbed in perth.

The only bloke about to get a premiership medal who had the sulks on

absolutely. There would have been about ten blokes who had a more meaningful influence on the result. I barely noticed him but obviously he was involved in enough uncontested to-ing and fro-ing in the back half to take him to the top of the stats list.

I enjoyed the game and often haven't in the past. Pick the best players in the game and it becomes worth watching. Who would've thought?

I enjoyed watching the whose who of the AFL run out together even though it was a novelty event. I think this is how the concept should be played. Australia took it way too seriously a few years back and selected mosquito fleet squads etc and the game lost all appeal as it became full of b graders.

I am not sure whether my memory is playing tricks on me but the Irish were certainly bigger than I remember.

If the AFL want Aussies to get into the game, can they tell 7 and especially lingy to stop commenting on the round ball and how hard it is to kick!!! Saying it once or twice per quarter is acceptable, what isn't acceptable is saying it virtually at every bit of commentary. If anyone was playing a drinking game on that comment they would have been written off before half time!

One off game with AA selection as criteria. Perfect, it gives the AA some meaning too.

[JUSTICE4MAL]: Mal Michael was never AA. They even shoehorned Pavlich into fullback one year (lol) to deny him the gong.

Saying it once or twice per quarter is acceptable, what isn't acceptable is saying it virtually at every bit of commentary. If anyone was playing a drinking game on that comment they would have been written off before half time!

The commentary at the Australian Masters was like that yesterday. At one point there were 16 players within 2 shots of the lead and the phrase "standing room only" was repeated so often I was ready to fly over to Melbourne to shoot someone. And they've used that phrase ad nauseam before. You'd think they could think of a new one.

Re the golf commentating Peter Donergan or whatever his name is, is the ultimate talking head.
He's tailor made for the mute button. The dribble and repetition of the obvious is nauseating.
Like I said tailor made for the mute button. Past players like Finch and Grady only have to
make an informed comment and Donergan parrot's it ad nauseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back