Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Djokovic-Wawrinka match was ruined for me by Courier, McAvaney and Hewitt going on and on about Djokovic's physical problems because he

a) came to the net occasionally
b) hit some second serves harder than usual
c) wouldn't run to his chair at the end of games or fist-pump
d) apparently lost confidence in the groundstrokes that won him the match

This was the physically incapacitated guy who won the 5th set 6-0. I have never heard such unrelenting, sustained dribble in any televised sporting contest not even with Ian Healy and Ian Smith involved.

And we love ya Stan but I'm glad you're gone because I can't get my head around the 12 different pronunciations of your surname by the channel 7 commentators, sports journos and weather girls.

Maybe just drop the second 'W'?

The Djokovic-Wawrinka match was ruined for me by Courier, McAvaney and Hewitt going on and on about Djokovic's physical problems because he

a) came to the net occasionally
b) hit some second serves harder than usual
c) wouldn't run to his chair at the end of games or fist-pump
d) apparently lost confidence in the groundstrokes that won him the match

This was the physically incapacitated guy who won the 5th set 6-0. I have never heard such unrelenting, sustained dribble in any televised sporting contest not even with Ian Healy and Ian Smith involved.

And we love ya Stan but I'm glad you're gone because I can't get my head around the 12 different pronunciations of your surname by the channel 7 commentators, sports journos and weather girls.

Maybe just drop the second 'W'?

Well, you'll be watching the ladies' final with the sound down - unless you're a pervert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see young Serge turned out okay - despite his parental issues

01-Mr.Hell.Moves.In.avi_snapshot_18.47_%255B2013.01.13_10.40.35%255D.jpg

Gary Kubiak named Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Was head coach of the Houston Texans from 2006-2013 for two playoff appearances, no titles and a win-loss record a tick under .500

And yet here in Australia, that record would close all doors and consign you to perma-assistant/SANFL/WAFL.

"But Damien Drum, Tim Watson, Mark Neeld, Matthew Primus and Guy McKenna might be the next Leigh Matthews/John Cahill! We already know what Gary Ayres, Stan Alves and Mark Williams are. Very good coaches. Pfft."

The Hinkley Effect might change that.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-hinkley-effect.1081847/

Gary Kubiak named Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Was head coach of the Houston Texans from 2006-2013 for two playoff appearances, no titles and a win-loss record a tick under .500

And yet here in Australia, that record would close all doors and consign you to perma-assistant/SANFL/WAFL.

"But Damien Drum, Tim Watson, Mark Neeld, Matthew Primus and Guy McKenna might be the next Leigh Matthews/John Cahill! We already know what Gary Ayres, Stan Alves and Mark Williams are. Very good coaches. Pfft."
fox didnt do alot wrong, took the panthers of all clubs to a superbowl in which they were unlucky to lose. then went to denver where he took them to a superbowl, and the following year the playoffs, wasnt his fault they had a seasoned choker as a quarterback. fox had a 49-22 win loss record at denver when they sacked him. they will struggle from now on.

On one hand the Australia v Korea game would be great to watch on the other hand the Queensland Election has the making of a nights entertainment Hollywood couldn't script on exit polls.

American sports teams are owned by billionaires and they can afford to fire coaches left and right and will do so if their mentality is "championship or bust". There is no way an AFL club is willing to do that consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back