Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Brazilian team would wipe the floor with a European team......

Perhaps in the 1970's, but given Germany beat Brazil 7-1 on their home patch, not at international level.

And the likes of Botafogo, Cruziero and Flamengo couldn't hold a candle to Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Chelsea at club level.

Quality.....

Prestige = Money......

this is in no disrespect, but 25years playing and watching soccer.......that's how I see it....
You're forgetting that money = quality.

The best Brazilian players all ply their trade in Europe.

Just switched over. ****. How badly have the Libs screwed the pooch? Nationally? following that Labor government the Libs should have ruled for a decade. Jesus who's running this party?

The Australian electorate decided they don't want John Howard On Steroids™ after all? Shocking.

Quality.....

Prestige = Money......

this is in no disrespect, but 25years playing and watching soccer.......that's how I see it....
Eh? Which Brazillian team would beat Chelsea? The national team probably wouldn't.

I'd watch the tennis tonight if this was Djokovic's opponent:
http://i.imgur.com/PxRVC5J.jpg

Edit: Removed the image and replaced it with a link due to it crashing some browsers.

Edit 2: I've also noticed the image is 51MB! So don't open if you are on mobile data or a limited data plan.

Last edited:
Quality.....

Prestige = Money......

Which 25 years of watching soccer was it? 1950-1975?

A Brazilian team, who if they have any kind of real quality players, loses them to teams in Belgium/Turkey, not just the big powerhouse clubs. Says a lot about what the standard of the Brazi league is. Money talks, the money is in Europe.

Quality.....

Prestige = Money......

At what level did you play? Just curious. Lots of people, including Graham Cornes, pull this line to try and add some legitimacy to their opinions with regards to soccer. What he fails to mention is that he was a goalkeeper and a D-Grade over 50's team.

I know people who played State League level (Campelltown City, Azzurri, Birkalla, and Modbury Jets) who would keel over laughing at your suggestion.

That picture is supremely good at crashing browsers, especially chrome. IE seems to work fine though.

did lol @ Djokovic celebrating killing a portion of the crowd though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That picture is supremely good at crashing browsers, especially chrome. IE seems to work fine though.

did lol @ Djokovic celebrating killing a portion of the crowd though.

Is it? I tested it on the 3 browsers on my phone (Chrome, Firefox & the default Android browser) and it worked fine.
I've removed it and just left the link to it.
Apologies.

Is it? I tested it on the 3 browsers on my phone (Chrome, Firefox & the default Android browser) and it worked fine.
I've removed it and just left the link to it.
Apologies.

Now we just need grave danger to remove it from a quote, lol.

Lots of people, including Graham Cornes, pull this line to try and add some legitimacy to their opinions with regards to soccer. What he fails to mention is that he was a goalkeeper and a D-Grade over 50's team.

Haha! My brother-in-law played in that team. Said they saw Studley walk by one day and asked if he wanted a run. Absolutely hopeless in the field of play. So they put him in goal where he belonged. Pretty good on those corners as you'd expect. But my brother-in-law might've bristled at "over-50s" back then...

A team of the best Brazilians, yes.

An all-star team from the Brazilian league would get wiped off the park by Chelsea.

YNo3u.gif

;)

Quality.....

Prestige = Money......

what

does that 25 years watching include the game where Germany beat home ground Brazil by 6 goals mere months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back