Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i went to a charity auction Saturday night and i was looking at some of the auction items that had been donated to raise funds. I was quiet surprised to see several items donated by the Adelaide Crows who seemed to really get behind this charity, Ive attached a photo of some of the quality they donated.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 5
Surely would only go to one of the big clubs. My money would be on the Pies if he isn't going to the Cats. Beams gone, Swan almost gone....they can scrape together the cash. You know it makes sense ;)
Culture issue still a problem at Collingwood uncertainty with the coach and you get the feeling it's not likely to be a happy club it doesn't make sense to leave the Crows to go there. Hawks Sydney or us.

So i went to a charity auction Saturday night and i was looking at some of the auction items that had been donated to raise funds. I was quiet surprised to see several items donated by the Adelaide Crows who seemed to really get behind this charity, Ive attached a photo of some of the quality they donated.

Culture issue still a problem at Collingwood uncertainty with the coach and you get the feeling it's not likely to be a happy club it doesn't make sense to leave the Crows to go there. Hawks Sydney or us.
Geez if he came to us the shite will hit the fan down the road. Don't think he will come here though

North, Colingwood, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Port.

Easy beats for us. Adelaide will struggle with all of them. Mark my words, they are shit, and this year will prove it. When you have to rely on a guy like an aging Scott Thompson for your midfield drive, things are ******* bad.
We will struggle this year at times. Sources say last year there were mixed messages contributing to our week on week off performaces. A consistent message and game plan will needed to be worked on this year. But make no mistake, we will not be relying on Thommo to get us across the line.

Don't let hubris bite you on the backside though.

Phil really starting to sound like a knob...

I read in Cornes article he had a go at a player coz he was wearing AIS socks under his uniform and the AIS logo was visible. Attention to detail was one of the prerequisites of success according to Phil.

Err no Phil.. they're just socks ffs!
Will lose his players pretty quickly imo..
Funny how it was a genius get when he came "home" from west coast. But now he's seen the light he's a knob and will loose the players.

Funny how Cornes Jr can't speak highly enough of him on 5doubleRooch.

I can't see that he would have changed much since he was with you. He didn't lose your players. Don't think he'll lose our players, it's exactly what Talia asked for in his BnF speach.

;)

Funny how it was a genius get when he came "home" from west coast. But now he's seen the light he's a knob and will loose the players.

I can't see that he would have changed much since he was with you. He didn't lose your players. Don't think he'll lose our players, it's exactly what Talia asked for in his BnF speach.

;)

Voss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

;)
You might be right, you might be wrong. What you aren't taking into account is that he had a totally different role at Port! He was a bit player here.... He is head honcho at the Crows. Now he can carte Blanche throw his weight around, doing everything his way. Will it be the right way? Time will tell.

If Danger is to leave, he will only be going to a top 4 side. It's pretty clear he wants to play in a flag. Collingwood and Carlton are no where near it, could almost say the same for Geelong. I would be putting my money on the Hawks.

My jury is out with Dangerfield. Very hard to read. If he stays then he has some fabric to him, and will also help build some real foundations for the camries. Which would annoy me, and then some.

If he leaves the camries, i feel he'll never play in a premiership side. The camries will slide further into despair, as the younger boys will be deers in the headlights, and ask why?

I love Boaky, Jacko, Gray, Westy and et al for what they have done for my proud club, I love them deeply. They picked us all out of the dirt.........when they could have moved on. It feels good to be in this position as a Port Adelaide man at the moment. But it feels even better now that the future for us, our club is looking sound.

From KT, Kochie............down to the people that wash the boys jocks. I love you :p

Last edited:

;)
Once again, no-one here is disputing his skills as a mid field coach. We were all disappointed to see him go. But, as a head coach? Well, he came as an unproven entity, as did Kenny to us. Now he will be judged on results, as was Kenny. So far there are some good things, but we have also seen some questionable oddities that some have highlighted here ... Fair enough I reckon! You are paying him a packet, and his judges: the footie public, journos, Crows supporters, asv will as us here, will come down on him hard if he doesn't at least match the level expected of him.

Huge danger is that he tries to hard to Stamp his Mark, and alienates the players ... Gonna be fun to watch!

You might be right, you might be wrong. What you aren't taking into account is that he had a totally different role at Port! He was a bit player here.... He is head honcho at the Crows. Now he can carte Blanche throw his weight around, doing everything his way. Will it be the right way? Time will tell.
I agree. The only difference was even though he's a hard ar$e, he was too humble to consider himself senior coach calibre.

But going by what he told your fellow poster above, that and Chapman's contact through Bailey and Roo having a chat he decided he better have a shot.
At least everyone at Crow land has a clear view and consistent message.

;)

He was an assistant coach. They don't have the players to lose - to the extent of a head coach. I'm sure you would agree head coach and assistant coach are different roles. Walsh was an exceptional assistant coach where he could think tightly focused strategy. Now he needs to think broadly and work with a team. ... Time will tell, but he will be good at some bits and not as good as others.

Once again, no-one here is disputing his skills as a mid field coach. We were all disappointed to see him go. But, as a head coach? Well, he came as an unproven entity, as did Kenny to us. Now he will be judged on results, as was Kenny. So far there are some good things, but we have also seen some questionable oddities that some have highlighted here ... Fair enough I reckon! You are paying him a packet, and his judges: the footie public, journos, Crows supporters, asv will as us here, will come down on him hard if he doesn't at least match the level expected of him.

Huge danger is that he tries to hard to Stamp his Mark, and alienates the players ... Gonna be fun to watch!

Your 1st paragraph could be used to describe Hinkley on his appointment. ....

Sando lost his way..... Walsh can only be an improvement. We'll see if he's head coach material. But his standards are what Talia, Danger and Sloane amongst other want.

I don't think any of us are in any illusion, he's a rookie coach. But so far every indication is that we are headed in the right direction. That gives us some light after the Trigg tunnel. Do you blame us?

Malibu#27 id just like to congratulate you on

HAVING THE MOST F***ING IRRITATING AVATAR ON BIGFOOTY

Hope all is well,

Gattsby :)

Malibu#27 id just like to congratulate you on

HAVING THE MOST F***ING IRRITATING AVATAR ON BIGFOOTY

Hope all is well,

Gattsby :)

Do I get a bigfooty sticker for that ? It's gotta be worth something.

Do I get a bigfooty sticker for that ? It's gotta be worth something.
The sticker better be a bug or something.

Yes I think you should get one.

That is fantastic.

What I hate is the AFL's stance on that.

"The umpiring department doesn’t want the umpire standing in a position where he is close enough to the line where the ball hits him and goes back into play," an AFL spokesperson said on Monday.

"He should have been further back."

Uhhh... so you're too cheap to install the cameras on the goal line for every ground, but you don't want the goal umpires on the line to tell if it's crossed it...

Gotta feel for the goal umpires with those sorta bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back