NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

On AFL360 tonight, Wayne Campbell uses Lindsays free against *Melksham as an example of what will no longer be free kick, even though he cops a whack to the jaw clearly visible from one angle, in fact under the new interpretation he would have been penalised for incorrect disposal :confused:

I'll be watching footy classified. Garry Lyon normally defends us because he is best mates with JB. Interesting to see if he has a real go with Caro.

On AFL360 tonight, Wayne Campbell uses Lindsays free against *Melksham as an example of what will no longer be free kick, even though he cops a whack to the jaw clearly visible from one angle, in fact under the new interpretation he would have been penalised for incorrect disposal :confused:

Oh great so they're going to give frees against players who have been whacked high. That's gunna be a great look for the image conscious AFL.

Focus on 360 and On The Couch has been 1) Brad's back, 2) Goodes.

We deserve a harsh spotlight but keep getting overshadowed.
I thought 360 was reasonably balanced. On one hand they made reference to Hawthorn missing Lewis and Hodge and getting stitched up, but also said we were in a mini crisis falling apart the way we did. Also took a shot at our selection interchanging fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...has-become-a-nanny-state-20150604-ghgvun.html

After reading Duck's recent scribbles, I have to say I am shocked and disappointed by his continuing lack of support and acknowledgement for 'the Kangaroos'. This time, by inferring that the Gold Coast are turning footy into a nanny state, he has again neglected our great club, perhaps forgetting how far we have come from those wild, undisciplined times of the 90s.

Wayne, let me inform you that North has been the role model nanny club for several years now. We instilled the values of care and protection through ground-breaking methods - avoiding the use of discipline, creating a friendly happy atmosphere within the club, removing any fear-factor among authority figures such as coaches, avoiding trauma amongst 'special' boys by preventing them being sent to reform programs in North Ballarat or Werribee, and giving the boys the opportunity to think things through for themselves when they have behaved badly. No other club has achieved what we have.

I have heard that there will be a rebranding of the Shinboner tag....to that of the 'Shinguarder', "in recognition of the need to protect the Shinbone at Arden Street from any possible bruising due to unnecessary contact".

Go the Nannyroos. :(

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...has-become-a-nanny-state-20150604-ghgvun.html

After reading Duck's recent scribbles, I have to say I am shocked and disappointed by his continuing lack of support and acknowledgement for 'the Kangaroos'. This time, by inferring that the Gold Coast are turning footy into a nanny state, he has again neglected our great club, perhaps forgetting how far we have come from those wild, undisciplined times of the 90s.

Wayne, let me inform you that North has been the role model nanny club for several years now. We instilled the values of care and protection through ground-breaking methods - avoiding the use of discipline, creating a friendly happy atmosphere within the club, removing any fear-factor among authority figures such as coaches, avoiding trauma amongst 'special' boys by preventing them being sent to reform programs in North Ballarat or Werribee, and giving the boys the opportunity to think things through for themselves when they have behaved badly. No other club has achieved what we have.

I have heard that there will be a rebranding of the Shinboner tag....to that of the 'Shinguarder', "in recognition of the need to protect the Shinbone at Arden Street from any possible bruising due to unnecessary contact".

Go the Nannyroos. :(

But we play good at rock paper scissors.

You got to make everyone feel secure in their position so they can flourish. That's why we locked in the coach and players into long term contracts and we never drop anyone. I'm sure it will work eventually.

Like the idea of the shin guarder. Should be a mandatory part of our uniform.

But seriously...

I get a bit sick of Duck's rolling out of the good ol days on the piss tales.

Don't get me wrong, they were a great team, but there were 'wtf' games I can distinctly remember in that era and some of the Finals where I cant help but think what they could have done on half the grog-partying they did.

I remember a game we played at the G on a Sunday in 1997 and Footscray came out and beat us up by 30 odd points...it was a really poor performance on their standards...I thought they would all go home and lick their wounds...nah, nekminit I am at 'The Tunnel' and half the team is running around on the piss.

Oh well it was it is, but just sayin'.....

The club isn't posting any of the AFL 360, league teams etc. stuff on the official site so why aren't they allowing giantroo to chop them up and post it here?

Was great last season, I had fox footy (no longer the case) but stopped watching any of the AFL related shows waiting for the 2 minutes they spent on North, because a few hours later it was waiting for me right here.

#freegiantroo

The club isn't posting any of the AFL 360, league teams etc. stuff on the official site so why aren't they allowing giantroo to chop them up and post it here?

Was great last season, I had fox footy (no longer the case) but stopped watching any of the AFL related shows waiting for the 2 minutes they spent on North, because a few hours later it was waiting for me right here.

#freegiantroo

Hi KangaRooster,

I've sent you a PM regarding this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back