NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Watson just blasted us on the "blowtorch" segment of Talking Footy, and rightly so - he said the inconsistency of effort was not good enough and that Brad Scott needs to make some big decisions on who will take us to a flag.

Although I'm pretty annoyed that he's prepared to criticise us, yet his #sobrave *Bombers don't get any mentions, despite being far more disgraceful than us on the weekend.

Any blast from any body is totally warranted. How can you be annoyed with anyone for saying what we all think? AFL360 asked "Are North Melbourne serious?" Of course we bloody aren't. This group need to be blasted by someone. I don't care who it is.

So am I! I just find it annoying that * can avoid it.

At the end of the day, i didnt want the * train wreck to take the focus from our own train wreck.

I wish more media would crucify us and especially Bard for letting these pea hearts do as they please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would be nice if we could have a open forum to express our displeasure directly
to the people that matter.

Harvey's Heroes Footy Clinic tomorrow. I've worded up my boy who cried when he heard the Suns gave us a "thrash" (a "thrash" to him is anything over 50pts) to ask some tough questions during the Q&A session. Any other questions you want my 9yo to ask before they drag him away, please pass them on.

Harvey's Heroes Footy Clinic tomorrow. I've worded up my boy who cried when he heard the Suns gave us a "thrash" (a "thrash" to him is anything over 50pts) to ask some tough questions during the Q&A session. Any other questions you want my 9yo to ask before they drag him away, please pass them on.

Refer to all questions in FG's question thread.

Any blast from any body is totally warranted. How can you be annoyed with anyone for saying what we all think? AFL360 asked "Are North Melbourne serious?" Of course we bloody aren't. This group need to be blasted by someone. I don't care who it is.
Umm, I did say in the opening sentence of my post "and rightly so". I agree that we should be blasted. I never said I was annoyed with what Tim said, I agree with what he said on that front. I said I was annoyed that no one criticises *Essendon. The media can blast both teams, you know.

At the end of the day, i didnt want the * train wreck to take the focus from our own train wreck.

I wish more media would crucify us and especially Bard for letting these pea hearts do as they please.
There's plenty of media out there to crucify both teams. I agree we should be criticised, my point was why do *Essendon get away with it?

I have felt for a while that out current side isn't far off from the dominant side of the late 90's.

However, having watched a few of our games on FoxFooty recently with their 90's month theme, it's fair to say the gap is quite big.

Carey is Carey....but I'd sorta forgotten how good our side was and how the club had the right balance of what a successful side needs. We had good players on every line and if Carey didn't dominate, the rest would pick up the slack.

I have felt for a while that out current side isn't far off from the dominant side of the late 90's.

However, having watched a few of our games on FoxFooty recently with their 90's month theme, it's fair to say the gap is quite big.

Carey is Carey....but I'd sorta forgotten how good our side was and how the club had the right balance of what a successful side needs. We had good players on every line and if Carey didn't dominate, the rest would pick up the slack.

Yeh nah...no Carey no North...when he was out we struggled.

When he was out of form or being held teams were so Carey centric because of his ability to tear open a game in 10 mins that the others whether that be Horse or Fruity etc could take advantage of the situation.

He was the difference between two flags and sfa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midday tomorrow (Tuesday) on Fox Footy - as part of their 'history month'
North Melbourne vs Sydney 1996 Grand Final.
Was kind of a crappy game in the first half. Reminded me of today's game plan of just sending it skyward into the forward 50 and praying for a good result.

When he was out of form or being held teams were so Carey centric because of his ability to tear open a game in 10 mins that the others whether that be Horse or Fruity etc could take advantage of the situation.

96/99 GF......

The 1994 Prelim was on yesterday too.

28-8 free kicks against at the start of the last says it all.
We kicked 5-9 in the first quarter

Steve and Fruity running into open goals and missing in the last.

Schwatta's "right" foot pin point pass to Hocking with 45 seconds to go....

FML x10000000000000000000000

Still hurts more than any other moment in my football attending life.

The 1994 Prelim was on yesterday too.

28-8 free kicks against at the start of the last says it all.
We kicked 5-9 in the first quarter

Steve and Fruity running into open goals and missing in the last.

Schwatta's "right" foot pin point pass to Hocking with 45 seconds to go....

FML x10000000000000000000000

Still hurts more than any other moment in my football attending life.

FML it's back to counselling I go!

Fox can gagf after hearing we only had 4 games in the History 90's by someone in here i have'nt watched anything...

I'll watch my dvd's when i feel like it.
Although it's a good idea by Fox and better than repeats of last years games, Showing the big clubs more showed what scumbags they are...

I think Dan's point was more that we didn't need Carey to be BOG for us to win, which is still a good reflection of the side at the time.

You put a guy like Carey in a team like GoDees and they'll still be septic levels of shitness.

Fox can gagf after hearing we only had 4 games in the History 90's by someone in here i have'nt watched anything...

Although it's a good idea by Fox and better than repeats of last years games, Showing the big clubs more showed what scumbags they are...
I don't think the 99 Grand Final was shown either, was it? I was hoping that game would come up as it's pretty much my first proper memory of a football match.

That's just the way it is brother. We are NMFC. I love that we're a small club.

I like to think of it like music

Britney Spears might sell more records
But she'll never be half the musician Robert Johnson was

I don't think the 99 Grand Final was shown either, was it? I was hoping that game would come up as it's pretty much my first proper memory of a football match.
Nah i don't believe it was. Donkey Chop is right! Although it does'nt surprise me it Offends me!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back