Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And it was so frustrating watching GWS take the ball from their defensive side of the contest and run it out. We always seemed to be caught watching them from our defensive side. Don't know if the coaches didn't adjust to see how we would respond, but that and the loose man in defense picking off crap inside 50 entries had me bewildered.
GWS running the ball through the centre is their thing. We did as good as anyone in shutting it down.

We are a poor contested side. Miles and Cotchin are the only blokes who really like to get hard balls. Got exposed against a few teams this year in similar conditions.

It was amazing to watch today how much better we looked when it started to dry up a bit.
Jackson
Foley
Conca

We are a poor contested side. Miles and Cotchin are the only blokes who really like to get hard balls. Got exposed against a few teams this year in similar conditions.

It was amazing to watch today how much better we looked when it started to dry up a bit.

Disagree our best games were in the wet last year. Sydney (1st game) was a shite night and we really challenged them, WCE in perth it was bucketing, Essendon was a damp game and crows was wet.

As expected, had a great day at the footy.

Richmond fans proved themselves to be amazing hosts. Not one mis-directed sledge. Not one incident that may have been inflammatory.

Thanks for a great day Tigers. You lads were clearly the better team and had you kicked truly we'd have suffered a bigger loss.

The umpiring was pretty bad for the first 3 quarters even had me scratching my head at times.

Any hoo, thanks for being gracious hosts and even classier winners.

There's a fair few Melbourne clubs who should borrow from your playbook.

Cheers guys.
Don't worry we turn on ourselves, before ever thinking of anyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spot on..! our goal kicking let us down. if we kick straight, we win by 5 goals...! was never in doubt tho..!

Was never in doubt?!?! :eek:

I'm still in doubt watching the bloody replay on IQ mate!!! :drunk:

This was heading for a "Bulldogs/Demons/Cats" type of loss until about 10 minutes into the 4th quarter, when Edwards kicked that goal from the centre bounce.

Even when we hit the front, GWS kicked a goal straight back, and then Miles misses from 10m out to ice the game, and keep the Giants in it STILL!

This was as far from "never in doubt" as I think is possible. :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we will win a game big for the rest of the season. Carlton next week, St Kilda (tough youngsters) and Gold Coast were supposed to be our potential smashings remaining. Carlton have hit some form and we rarely smash them, St Kilda's youngsters are developing nicely and Gold Coast have Ablett back (seems like he is an important player judging from today's game). Maybe we can snatch percentage from a middle-tier club, because the bottom clubs don't work for us. Our percentage is currently low, and we really need percentage

I was fairly content with the win really, GWS are no pushovers, they were 7-5 for a reason, might be the last time we beat them for a while. The weather played right into their contested style of play and we were always going to have to work really hard. All our leaders led by the great man Cotch stood up and I was confident the whole way through we would end up with the points, not many times i've been able to say that as a Richmond fan. Add in what a horrible set of circumstances we've had over the last few days and the impact that must have had i'm very happy to take the 4 points and move onto Carlton, good job boys :thumbsu:

I don't think we will win a game big for the rest of the season. Carlton next week, St Kilda (tough youngsters) and Gold Coast were supposed to be our potential smashings remaining. Carlton have hit some form and we rarely smash them, St Kilda's youngsters are developing nicely and Gold Coast have Ablett back (seems like he is an important player judging from today's game). Maybe we can snatch percentage from a middle-tier club, because the bottom clubs don't work for us. Our percentage is currently low, and we really need percentage

Just win every game from now on.

We won't really need the percentage then. :cool:

It was a good solid win, people are forgetting what happened yesterday, many players would have been down in the dumps, especially when we have many people involved with the RFC who come from Adelaide! It was wet for most of the day so didn’t expect any clean kicking and GWS do have a better than average year, so overall good win under the circumstance.

Now to smash Carlton this week!

newbie:thumbsu:

lmaoooooo

EF634150-86C2-4522-886F-2676C2D82743.jpg

Look at Batch photo bombing, looks like he's thinking " glad I'm not standing where Milesy is"

Umpires were terrible.
Yes ive noticed we get usually the normal amount of free kicks. But we hardly ever get any in our forward line it happens week in week out...just like Richo never use to get paid the frees he deserved up forward...and the opposition always gets frees up forward...im sick of it to b honest

Back