Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Same. off for 19yrs. dont even think about it now, but don't mind the odd whiff of cig smoke when I walk past.

It's shithouse when you're out on the juice, and you'll probably relapse then, but otherwise just try to change the things you did when you had a smoke. eg I always lit up as soon as I got off the train. So walked out a different exit...worked.
Gasper at about 10am with a coffee...had the coffee inside, not take away.
If you can find someone who's doing the same it's great to talk each other thru it and pump up if either fails.
Good luck, it's a great thing for you to do. For yourself and your kids!
After a cricket trip away on the Gold Coast, after winning the 1st X1 flag, I was all smoked out. I got home, just didn't feel like a dart, then days turned into weeks and has stayed that way cold turkey. Been 12 years and still on the wagon, even on the sauce. I also still done mind it when others smoke in front of me.

Can someone tell me how Griffin got votes? Ok - he ran around a bit and got stats. But he never won the ball, and never did anything with it. I checked the stats.

23 possessions - 3 contested.

Oh well - maybe he set up some scores.
1 Inside 50. 0 goal assists.

Around the packs.
1 clearance.

10 marks. 0 contested.

I mean, we all know stats aren't everything. But Griffen was one of the few Giants I could recognise at the game, and I watched him. He got all the cheap kicks in the back pockets and back flanks. He.......did.......nothing.
Had a number of intercepts from memory. Was pretty good I thought.

Can someone tell me how Griffin got votes? Ok - he ran around a bit and got stats. But he never won the ball, and never did anything with it. I checked the stats.

Around the packs.
1 clearance.

10 marks. 0 contested.

I mean, we all know stats aren't everything. But Griffen was one of the few Giants I could recognise at the game, and I watched him. He got all the cheap kicks in the back pockets and back flanks. He.......did.......nothing.

Can you tell me which players I'm allowed to vote for before I put my votes in?

Around the packs.
1 clearance.

10 marks. 0 contested.

He was playing off a half back flank, what do you expect. Half back flank aren't going to be getting clearances except when there are stoppages in the back half (Which is why his one clearance was a stoppage). Won't be giving off goal assists or many inside 50's, when he is kicking to the player further back in the chain. He played like a half back should, Got 6 intercept marks by reading the play. Had 10 rebound 50's, 3 tackles and 5 one per centers and didn't turn the ball over with his possessions.

Last edited:
Same. off for 19yrs. dont even think about it now, but don't mind the odd whiff of cig smoke when I walk past.

It's shithouse when you're out on the juice, and you'll probably relapse then, but otherwise just try to change the things you did when you had a smoke. eg I always lit up as soon as I got off the train. So walked out a different exit...worked.
Gasper at about 10am with a coffee...had the coffee inside, not take away.
If you can find someone who's doing the same it's great to talk each other thru it and pump up if either fails.
Good luck, it's a great thing for you to do. For yourself and your kids!

Thanks for that!

Out of the pack of 25's i brought two weeks ago, have 19 still left. I have changed a few of my habits. Smoking in the car was a huge thing for me as im always on the road with work. I have made it now a non negotiable not to light up in the car...i have kept to it too, thats helped. Its funny, yesturday when i put fuel in, i brought another pack by habit and didn't realise till i walked out lol. So now have a unopened pack and my nearly full deck in my desk draw at work. Still a long way to go, as I was going to throw them out and couldn't :p

I have managed now to go three days cold turkey without using my emergency pack at work. Thanks for all the advice, it helps me get through this.

Back