Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how things change.
On this board there is/was a fair cohort calling Dimma too close and matey with the players, unwilling to make the hard calls.
What you saw today was a glimpse of reality.

It was good to see , I for one didn't believe he had it in him

Was at a bucks do so only got to watch parts of the game on my phone and on a screen where I was (it was switching between the horse races and the footy). GWS looked like they were pretty good in close and adapted to the wet conditions a bit better than us. Their loose player seemed to be quite effective and cut off a few of our blind kicks in. 3 talls didn't seem to work for us today.

Watched the entire last qtr and we looked hungrier although we continued to try and shoot ourselves in the foot with our goal-kicking. Lambert and Miles efforts were rubbish! Just kick a snap... could not miss from there with a snap.

Titch was so so clutch today. His goal out of the middle might just have saved our season..... brilliant stuff.

This was always going to be a tough win as many on here predicted. They are a good side and the one area they were deficient in was nullified slightly by the weather.... Getting the 4 points was never going to be a fait accompli.... It was always going to be a struggle. Luckily we were prepared for it unlike Norf.... ;)

Is there anyway tallying the votes from all the game reviews? Would interesting to see how we rated the players so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Richmond I would be saying get rid of 3rd man up that incident involving Maric doesnt happen. Steele was clearly about to go for tap and Maric wasnt having any part of it.

Correct. If Ivan doesn't protect that space the 3rd man gets a free tap or Ivan cops a knee in unprotected ribs. Meant to block him across chest but the clown didn't get off the ground, contributing to high contact:p.
Seriously though, a designated ruck will get broken ribs, kidney damage or back injury from this 3rd man tactic.

Can see both Ivan and Cotch having to pay out some cash early in the week as the MRP fines them both $1000. Neither were of sufficient force to cause injury much like the Hawthorn players who got fines for gut punches the other week against the Crows.

Rance and Riewoldt were holding the Tigers together at both ends yesterday. Bench pressing the weight of familiar failure, keeping the weight from becoming too much until the others got around them in the fourth for the final heaving lift.
With Cotchin holding both Rance and Reiwoldt whilst they went for the final heave...

Just watching the replay again, our kicking for goal is abysmal, has anyone thought that maybe the shiny boots they wear is partly to blame?

In the old days our black boots were not shiny, unless you wore white diamond or the Ron barrasi plastic ones.

Last edited:
Back