2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone worried that if we finish 17th and Carlton finish 18th, we might get screwed over significantly with the Aish trade? If the rumours are true about Carlton being his preferred destination, I could see them playing hardball as they will have first pick in the pre-season draft... Similar to what we want to do to Gold Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that Carlton's PSD pick might be earmarked for Carlisle.

I think he is headed to the PSD anyway if Carlton only offer their 2nd round pick for him.
Swann more or less said as much in his interview with the Northern Frontier radio show the other day. Actually already flagging Aish might be sent to the PSD if we don't get an acceptable offer

Swann more or less said as much in his interview with the Northern Frontier radio show the other day. Actually already flagging Aish might be sent to the PSD if we don't get an acceptable offer

Not really a great threat if his preferred team has the first PSD pick though :p

I have a feeling that Carlton's PSD pick might be earmarked for Carlisle.
We can use this against them. Threaten to draft Carlisle with pick 1 in the PSD if Carlton don't want to trade for Aish for a fair deal. We will then have to already have Dixon on our list for that to work though. Wouldn't mind trading in Dixon for pick 20-25, then bend Carlton over the barrel threatening with the PSD .

We can use this against them. Threaten to draft Carlisle with pick 1 in the PSD if Carlton don't want to trade for Aish for a fair deal. We will then have to already have Dixon on our list for that to work though. Wouldn't mind trading in Dixon for pick 20-25, then bend Carlton over the barrel threatening with the PSD .

There are definitely some very interesting scenarios that might arise.

It may also be worthwhile to see what mutually beneficial creative outcomes could be created by working cooperatively rather than antagonistically.

I'm sure they are all having some friendly discussions at this point while the final draft position remains unclear.

It may also be worthwhile to see what mutually beneficial creative scenarios could be created by working cooperatively rather than antagonistically.

I'm sure they are all having some friendly discussions at this point while the final draft position remains unclear.
Like Carlton did with Doc? No Thanks they have already burnt that bridge.

I am sure discussion with GC and Carlton will start friendly but alas we can't be friends with everybody in the AFL game. Screw Carlton we don't need a nose.

Fair enough. If that scenario ever did eventuate then I think Aish would just go to the Pies or SA club anyway and forget about the Blues.

Honestly now that he can't play for the rest of the season now would be the last time Aish could sign an extension. I was holding hope that he was trying to increase his salary by playing good footy for the rest of the season... 100% gone IMO with no noise coming out

I am sure discussion with GC and Carlton will start friendly but alas we can't be friends with everybody in the AFL game. Screw Carlton we don't need a nose.

Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity presents itself to screw them over while maximising our gains, I'm all for it.

But those David King scenarios the other day were pretty interesting too. Schwabby will think with his brain, not his heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll finish 16th I reckon so most PSD scenarios won't work out.

Trade for Dixon even if it costs us one of hipwood and keays. And if carlilse goes into the psd take him then. Will work the other way around aswell.

Trade for Dixon even if it costs us one of hipwood and keays. And if carlilse goes into the psd take him then. Will work the other way around aswell.
Wouldn't mind redrafting Aish via PSD and signing him on for another year, if we don't get compensated that is.

Hopefully we can get 2 second round picks from Carlton for Aish. Then trade our 2nd round pick (19) for Dixon, allowing us to keep Keayes and Hipwood.

Wouldn't mind redrafting Aish via PSD and signing him on for another year, if we don't get compensated that is.
Nah if we were to draft someone in the psd it would be one of carlilse or dixon. No point wasting more time on aish to prove a point.

We'll finish 16th I reckon so most PSD scenarios won't work out.

I can't see how we beat the Suns this week to be honest. If we do, I think they are the ones that need to be looked at for tanking.

I can't see how we beat the Suns this week to be honest. If we do, I think they are the ones that need to be looked at for tanking.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting we can't win but surely the most likely outcome based on form is that the Suns will beat us comfortably.

Surely Carlisle is off the Bulldogs. Gee wouldn't he make them a force moving forward. Desperate for a CHB as well.

If Carlton can convince him to walk to the PSD and be a Clayton's free agent, they could justify some stupid money for him. Dogs invested heavily in Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back