Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley was a childhood idol, his best mate is playing there, and they have a very promising young list, in addition to being located in the heartland of the AFL.

There will be room for him in the 22, particularly with Freeman going to St Kilda.

How does Freeman leaving give him room in the 22 when Freeman wasnt IN SAID 22?

Deal will get down. Depending what the Treloar deal ends up requiring it will be what we get back for Freeman, plus our 2nd rounder (so two picks in top 25) or a player like Oxley.

I don't think we want Oxley, but if one of those second rounders helps us get Bell it starts to look pretty good.

unless it is a very good offer from the pies i would follow through and let him go for nothing. who wants 3rd round picks in a poor quality draft and we dont want a player thrown in as steak knives. lets hope it ends up the same as buckleys decision all those years ago. ie. left brisbane for a big melbourne club for premiership glory, looked what happened (01,02,03).

I would be surprised in this day and age if a club flat out refused to trade even if it is a fair deal. Reality is I would have thought that having good trading relationships with all clubs would be a good thing.

I would imagine if Brisbane stand there ground and a collingwood player wanted to go to brisbane in the future they would stand their ground.

Cant see how this would be good for Brisbane

He adds something different I guess, good disposal. Although I saw none of that this season.

You'd want to hope he was just playing shit this season to lower his worth for you guys, because if he keeps up his form he wont make it far at such an elite club.

I would be surprised in this day and age if a club flat out refused to trade even if it is a fair deal. Reality is I would have thought that having good trading relationships with all clubs would be a good thing.

I would imagine if Brisbane stand there ground and a collingwood player wanted to go to brisbane in the future they would stand their ground.

Cant see how this would be good for Brisbane

Everyone forgets the mountains of shit we copped for bending over when those 5 kids told us they wanted to **** off. Now we decide enoughs enough, we need to take a stance, we're called idiots for not just copping our pills and bending over like a good little feeder club.

Its ****ing moronic.

Freeman was piss weak and didnt give himself a chance. I reckon he is an absolute machine and would have been a first selected given the opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another sign that the draft is broken. Good times in.The AFL.
Maybe 1st round picks should be automatically put onto 3 year deals as an initial contract? I agree as both our clubs have been burnt by 1st round picks wanting trades after their initial deal ends? Not sure what the answer is??

Is Aish that good Lions fans? From the few games I've seen he's ok. Wondering why and how he's created all this interest as to what he does.

3 way trade with Sydney will be on the cards.

Pick 14 should be enough to satisfy the Lions if they don't want Oxley and a second.
Pick 14 seems the best we can do. That would be fair. Hopefully the Lions stop recruiting flogs who want to play for Collingwood.

Freeman was the type of outside player our side was craving, as is Aish. There are less talented players getting games who could easily be pushed out. Blair is one who immediately comes to mind.

Maybe 1st round picks should be automatically put onto 3 year deals as an initial contract? I agree as both our clubs have been burnt by 1st round picks wanting trades after their initial deal ends? Not sure what the answer is??
Players have too much power. They shouldn't get to nominate a club until they are Free Agents.

How you feeling today Liemas?

Yeah my main interest in this ATM is to see Brisbane supporters reactions to Leemas trolling! That was disgraceful...

On a side note Pickers at 6:15 tonight on SEN will be interesting. I get the feeling the stonekillers comments will be up for discussion :)

Is Aish that good Lions fans? From the few games I've seen he's ok. Wondering why and how he's created all this interest as to what he does.
Bugger off. You West Coast fans said the same thing about Yeo and we got a shit deal for him. Now you guys talk about how he will be the next Nat Fyfe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back