Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

More lookers than players this morning.Nice to see Gaskin and Fred and great to meet Dannythedoorman.
Not much to add from Gaskins report but the positive was that there where no stragglers on the runs. Hannath surprised by keeping up with Taberner.
Footballs came out very early in the session and skills were OK considering the lay of. Mora looked great and completed a full session without any strapping on his knees.We were told that he is pain free for the first time in a long time but were also reminded its only the first day. Hughes has bulked up and looks great,the Irishman also trained well. Clancee,DeLuca and Sutcliffe ran laps with Clancee looking trim and with a new hair cut. Neale and Crozier led the runs by a good margin. Bennell looked fit and finished a full session.. The training the house down award must go to Mora just because we love him.:):rainbow::rainbow:
Did you see Apeness come out of the Gym and go down to the water tent area for about 5 minutes and he didn't have any tape on his knee so that's a relief.

Cheers for the reports lads - great to see them back, Harley and Morra especially.

Anyone sight Apeness today? - Love to hear how he's doing.
Gekko71 Apeness came down to the water tent from the Changeroom/Gym area with about 30 mins to go in the session and he had no tape on his knee and walked up and down the stairs without a limp so that's a good sign.

Adrian_Barich__email___normal.JPG

adrian barich (@adrianbarich)

23/11/2015, 9:14 AM

Guess where I am ? A certain big name recruit is on the track. Can you believe we're back into it. pic.twitter.com/6BgsyYDR4k
Barra said down at training this morning that he will be on Ch 7 News tonight talking about the start of preseason training and Harley Bennell being at Training.(Don't know if he will mention that Harley late in the session put a wet flannel around his neck to cool off but in fairness it was a tad warm at Ground level)

All the boys looked in great shape. Harley looked great and in good nick. They didn't do a helluva lot of running being the 1st session back but he didn't look out of place. The fittest on the track looked like Lachie and Croz who ended up running together instead of the groups that the others were in. It was commented that Lachie seemed to be growing into a real leader being very vocal encouraging the rest of the boys. Mora trained fully with no bandaging at all. They put him through his paces with some agility stuff and he got through it fine. Blakely has slimmed down and when asked if he has lost weight by one of the watchers he said "yeah a little bit". Weller looked to me like he had bulked up a little bit. Out of all the 2nd year players, Hughes looks the best body wise as salim will probably agree with. Clancee was there doing some running even though he didn't have to be.

I leave anything else for Salim since he was there longer than me.
gaskin and salim malik: When is the next training session I coudn't find anything on the website and I rang the club but the reception lady said she hadn't been advised by the coaching staff so she couldn't help. Did anyone of the players/coaches let you know when you were there today when they are next on the track?

gaskin and salim malik: When is the next training session I coudn't find anything on the website and I rang the club but the reception lady said she hadn't been advised by the coaching staff so she couldn't help. Did anyone of the players/coaches let you know when you were there today when they are next on the track?

Wednesday and Friday 9am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the boys looked in great shape. Harley looked great and in good nick. They didn't do a helluva lot of running being the 1st session back but he didn't look out of place. The fittest on the track looked like Lachie and Croz who ended up running together instead of the groups that the others were in. It was commented that Lachie seemed to be growing into a real leader being very vocal encouraging the rest of the boys. Mora trained fully with no bandaging at all. They put him through his paces with some agility stuff and he got through it fine. Blakely has slimmed down and when asked if he has lost weight by one of the watchers he said "yeah a little bit". Weller looked to me like he had bulked up a little bit. Out of all the 2nd year players, Hughes looks the best body wise as salim will probably agree with. Clancee was there doing some running even though he didn't have to be.

I leave anything else for Salim since he was there longer than me.

Sutcliffe was also there lapping it.
I wouldn't have thought he would be required back yet.
Harley and Mora were looking comfortable with the running. I was impressed with the speed shown by Alex Pearce In the goal to goal runs too.

Yeah Mora running smoothly and looking to be without discomfort.
Also, Harley was great and kicking off both feet impressively. So those two, which was what I was hoping to see.
Fred do you think Mora can make a cameo in afl 2016?

Anyone else like me with Morra, not expectant just hopeful, and even that is only a glimmer now.

More than hopeful for me. I am confident he will play Peel games.
For today though, it was more than just the fact he did the whole session comfortably but was one of the impressive trainers.

More than hopeful for me. I am confident he will play Peel games.
For today though, it was more than just the fact he did the whole session comfortably but was one of the impressive trainers.
I know he's only likely to be a rookie for us now, but even games for peel aren't anything to get me pumped about his future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back