Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good catching up with Danny the doorman ,simpsonwillo and salim again this morning . I had a good couple of talks with Hale ,Sutty ,Josh Deluca and our new recruit Harley Balic .
Hale's family isn't here yet but he is loving the weather Danny and I told him to enjoy the current weather because its only going to get hotter .
Sutcliffe had a nice trip to the States and he recruited a couple of Basket ballers to become members :).
Josh Del is in rehab but has added some nice build to his frame with the weights program but the sports science guys are being careful that players aren't adding excess weight .
We asked Harley about the $70,000 and he said it was a joke that went viral . He wanted to respond but the Club warned him that it would only get worse
if he did .

It was good catching up with Danny the doorman ,simpsonwillo and salim again this morning . I had a good couple of talks with Hale ,Sutty ,Josh Deluca and our new recruit Harley Balic .
Hale's family isn't here yet but he is loving the weather Danny and I told him to enjoy the current weather because its only going to get hotter .
Sutcliffe had a nice trip to the States and he recruited a couple of Basket ballers to become members :).
Josh Del is in rehab but has added some nice build to his frame with the weights program but the sports science guys are being careful that players aren't adding excess weight .
We asked Harley about the $70,000 and he said it was a joke that went viral . He wanted to respond but the Club warned him that it would only get worse
if he did .

Cheers Coulda - hope you said welcome on behalf of all the BF regulars. :)

The club made the right call - there's nothing to be gained by responding. Nicely played.

That could explain why he responded and then deleted it all
Danny and I said to him that he should cancel his twitter a\c and get a new one so that only his family and close mates could keep in direct contact with him . We also said for him to read Pavs and Judds books so that he will have a better understanding of how the Media can be cruel , full of BULL Sh*t or just quote out of context .
Sorry guys and girls we also said avoid web sites like BF and newspapers because some of the comments will do your head in .

Danny and I said to him that he should cancel his twitter a\c and get a new one so that only his family and close mates could keep in direct contact with him . We also said for him to read Pavs and Judds books so that he will have a better understanding of how the Media can be cruel , full of BULL Sh*t or just quote out of context .
Sorry guys and girls we also said avoid web sites like BF and newspapers because some of the comments will do your head in .
Why would read Pav's book when you can speak to the man himself?

The 1-4 yr group trained earlier today with most of them in the Gym.The balance 6-8 players worked on core strength work using strapping including some restrictive work with staff holding the straps.

The Draftees were observers during the session waiting on the Rookies arriving this afternoon before they all head off to Margaret River for a camp for the weekend at least.

The bigger guys like Tabs, Tanner Smith, Sean Hurley and Jack Hannath participated in strength and conditioning work on the field in the last session dragging weight plates on a skid plate connected to strapping to work on legs,hips and shoulders. Hurley was the only one of the group that had 2 weight plates (same weight in each plates as they other guys) on the skid plate and he was obviously the strongest and best performer in that session.

couldhavebeen and salim malik were there and young simpsonwillo dropped in for a short visit.

Training for the 1-4's is on Monday and the Senior guys get back on Tuesday and Cameron Sutcliffe indicated that those guys are really fit and we know that the 1-4's are in good nick. The 3 km Time trial is on Wednesday at another venue which I understand is an early morning session.

They spent their time chilling with me down south west on the surf tip. Not that many can surf was as interesting day.

I'm off to surf Margs or Bugi tomoz but they are very well mannered easy going guys if you ever get a chance to rub shoulders with them.

I edited this ASAP I'm down south surfing they probably have something else on its just a chance meeting.

They spent their time chilling with me down south west on the surf tip. Not that many can surf was as interesting day.

I'm off to surf Margs or Bugi tomoz but they are very well mannered easy going guys if you ever get a chance to rub shoulders with them.

I edited this ASAP I'm down south surfing they probably have something else on its just a chance meeting.
jedi mind tricks Yeah couldhavebeen and I spoke to Harley Balic on Saturday morning at Training and we found him to be a delightful and personable young man. Where did you meet them by chance as we heard they were only going to Margaret River? Enjoy the rest of the waves at Margs and Bugi and see you at training next time you are Freo Oval.

I was down surfing north of margs yesterday - not the best day to get out.

Great idea to get all the youngsters away for a bonding session and to see some of WA

jedi mind tricks Yeah couldhavebeen and I spoke to Harley Balic on Saturday morning at Training and we found him to be a delightful and personable young man. Where did you meet them by chance as we heard they were only going to Margaret River? Enjoy the rest of the waves at Margs and Bugi and see you at training next time you are Freo Oval.

The swell down in Margs this weekend isn't that big so they should all come back in one piece.

Some of these young Vic draftees must come over here to Perth, get down south and check out our beaches and think it's paradise which it bloody well is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of these young Vic draftees must come over here to Perth, get down south and check out our beaches and think it's paradise which it bloody well is!
It's the birdlife that hangs around them in WA that is the difference, and mostly how scantily they're clad. It's a bit chilly in Victoria.

Hurley has always shown signs, he has the makings of being our MJ replacement with another year. Not sure he will ever play KPF because of coming to game later but that sort of power off the mark could help him break away from congestion in the backline. He is really attacking and athletic out of the backline in the Peel games, just needed to learn the game and get his kicking sorted.

Hurley has always shown signs, he has the makings of being our MJ replacement with another year. Not sure he will ever play KPF because of coming to game later but that sort of power off the mark could help him break away from congestion in the backline. He is really attacking and athletic out of the backline in the Peel games, just needed to learn the game and get his kicking sorted.

He played a lot forward this year with only short stints down back. I would classify him more a forward than a backman.

He played a lot forward this year with only short stints down back. I would classify him more a forward than a backman.

Well thats's embarrassing ... I saw three or four peel games and he was coming out of defence. Maybe with two KPD coming into the squad now as well he will have even more time up forward for Peel this year.

Any training tomorrow?

Full contingent tomorrow..
Today was virtually all ball work with nine players out there. Bennell looking the sharpest along with Sherro and Crozier. Morabito continues to look comfortable with the load.
Jack Hannath and Taberner spent the majority of the session together in stamina tests and physical jostling. They spent a good twenty minutes running and push ups followed by wrestling to break away.
There was a lot of short kicking to a moving target and seems to continue a theme of improving disposals , noted at training last week.
Today I noticed, A Pearce, Tanner, Big Jack, Taberner, MdBoer who is early back, Mora, Harley, Tommy and Croz.
Lachie Neale made a brief appearance with one of the physios for a short jog; not sure what is up there but he didn't seem to have any problems.
They finished off with more goal kicking
All hands on deck tomorrow, I understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back