Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday is a half day now they train Saturday mornings. The players are at the club all days a week like a normal job. It's no longer a rock up to training and once that is over go home. Actually would be nice if someone in the know could post an average preseason week of a player.

Training watches mostly get together in a huddle and have a good chat. Don't think we'll be seeing any detailed reports today.

I did notice Weller, Blakely and Hughes training with the senior mids in their drills. Hughes looks to have built himself up perfectly and he was doing mid work not backline work unlike last season.

The club obviously have seen something they like in him and his physique is looking exceptional.

Training watches mostly get together in a huddle and have a good chat. Don't think we'll be seeing any detailed reports today.

I did notice Weller, Blakely and Hughes training with the senior mids in their drills. Hughes looks to have built himself up perfectly and he was doing mid work not backline work unlike last season.

The club obviously have seen something they like in him and his physique is looking exceptional.

Interesting. He is listed at 187 cm so perfect "tall midfielder" height. I thought them upgrading his number to 15 was a sign that they saw a spot for him going forward. Maybe preparing to phase out Mzungu, like they did with Duffield last year?

Interesting. He is listed at 187 cm so perfect "tall midfielder" height. I thought them upgrading his number to 15 was a sign that they saw a spot for him going forward. Maybe preparing to phase out Mzungu, like they did with Duffield last year?

Not sure about phasing out Muz but he was part of the mid group but not in the thick of it. He looked to be looking at the other guys running patterns and execution than getting his hands on it.

But he does look like he could be playing some very good footy for peel this season and I'm sure he'll push hard for a spot.

Hale is doing all the work with the rucks out on the oval but what is happening in the Gym could be another story.
Hale seams to be giving the talls tuition on body position and protecting the ball drop zone both for marking and rucking .
A number of times he was not happy with Taberners feet positioning in the exercise because he was too easily knocked off balance.
Tabs was doing a number of short bouncy steps before heaving the weight which meant that he was not planting his feet and using his shoulders and arm instead of his body to move the weight .

well at least someone has noticed that Tabs can be knocked off by a stiff breeze in a marking contest. Good signs.

well at least someone has noticed that Tabs can be knocked off by a stiff breeze in a marking contest. Good signs.
Simon Eastaugh worked with the Sandi and Grif and Clarke was in the Rehab Group and from memory Hannath worked with the forwards. There there was a lot of work done on ball movement today with Suma overseeing the whole session and David Hale worked with the Forwards on getting the ball from 50 metre arc to leading forwards.So @Coukldhavebeen I dont see David Hale as being the Ruck Coach as we have Easthaugh. They had a very intense session of goal shooting but couldhavebeen you cant have a g at Irish for missing a shot as many others were in the same boat.

Last edited:
Simon Eastaugh worked with the Sandi and Grif and Clarke was in the Rehab Group and from memory Hannath worked with the forwards. There there was a lot of work done on ball movement today with Suma overseeing the whole session and David Hale worked with the Forwards on getting the ball from 50 metre arc to leading forwards.So @Coukldhavebeen I dont see David Hale as being the Ruck Coach as we have Easthaugh. They had a very intense session of goal shooting but couldhavebeen you cant have a go a at Irish for missing a shot as many others were in the same boat.

I noticed the goal kicking wasn't the best. It's never been a strong point during training.

Jason Webber has been working with Mora after the training sessions and pushing him hard. One of the regulars mentioned its the same type of one on one work that Webber did with Fyfe. You cannot help but get excited at the way Mora is working. Nyhaus is the stand out amongst the youngsters at the minute. Quick neat disposal and accurate shot on goal. Langdon looks to have a nasty groin injury ,he was limping very badly. Silvagni made a brief appearance. First time this season I have seen him on the track. 2 and half hours of skill work followed by a half an hour of jogging. Kicking skills very much to the forefront.

Jason Webber has been working with Mora after the training sessions and pushing him hard. One of the regulars mentioned its the same type of one on one work that Webber did with Fyfe. You cannot help but get excited at the way Mora is working. Nyhaus is the stand out amongst the youngsters at the minute. Quick neat disposal and accurate shot on goal. Langdon looks to have a nasty groin injury ,he was limping very badly. Silvagni made a brief appearance. First time this season I have seen him on the track. 2 and half hours of skill work followed by a half an hour of jogging. Kicking skills very much to the forefront.

Silvagni has been training a fair bit.

I agree on Nyhaus he looks terrific.

Jason Webber has been working with Mora after the training sessions and pushing him hard. One of the regulars mentioned its the same type of one on one work that Webber did with Fyfe. You cannot help but get excited at the way Mora is working.

Has Mora looked this good in training the last couple of years at any point? i remember maybe 2-3 years he was "training the house down" ?

Has Mora looked this good in training the last couple of years at any point? i remember maybe 2-3 years he was "training the house down" ?

Mora has not been able to put together a full sessions for years. To complete a session then see him work his guts out with Webber afterwards is mind blowing. Webber is putting him through a set of change direction drills at full tilt then chasing and running down Webber. He runs laps after all that.:eek: His work load seems to be a lot heavier than the rest of the squad. Maybe a make or break situation.

Mora would have to be the pick of the bunch at the minute. He is looking terrific.
It's looking more like Jason Webber not being able to break Mora down with the intense work he is putting him through. As each session goes by Mora looks closer to getting elevated to a spare spot on the Primary List. Go Mora Go you good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mora has not been able to put together a full sessions for years. To complete a session then see him work his guts out with Webber afterwards is mind blowing. Webber is putting him through a set of change direction drills at full tilt then chasing and running down Webber. He runs laps after all that.:eek: His work load seems to be a lot heavier than the rest of the squad. Maybe a make or break situation.

he may have been told he needs to go full tilt and if it goes, it goes.

It's looking more like Jason Webber not being able to break Mora down with the intense work he is putting him through. As each session goes by Mora looks closer to getting elevated to a spare spot on the Primary List. Go Mora Go you good thing.

Geez when Mora plays his first game back theres gonna be a helluva lot of noise followed by tears.

Just to clear up. Hale is not the ruck coach it's Simon Eastaugh.

Hale is line coach for the forwards and I don't know why coulda says he's the ruck coach.
Luke Morfese the Communication Manager (hope I got his position name correct) said on Friday that the roles of the Coaches are still to be ratified by the Board and then I would think the Dockers Website would be updated as to the authorised/official roles. My initial question to look was "When will the website be updated to show all the coaches and their roles? " salim malik

Did he replace Chris Correia as our Media Manager?
Luke has been the Communications guy for a number of years and he is the husband of Dixie Marshall the former TV presenter. I dont know who Chris Correia is but if he is still there I would think Luke would be his boss.
From the Dockers Website under Senior Management :

General Manager Media and Communications - Luke Morfesse

An award winning journalist, Luke joined the Club in 2008 after a 21-year career at The West Australian newspaper. During that time, he was the paper’s senior crime reporter for more than a decade, preceded by a three year stint as chief of The West’s Melbourne and Sydney bureaux. He was also a longtime editor of the paper’s highly popular Inside Cover column. Luke is responsible for communications/media management and public relations.

There was a question to Crozier that Hayden batted away nicely, but I hope the training watchers can comment on.
One of the journos mentioned that Harley Bennell hadn't been sighted for a couple of weeks.
Is that true? Or are they talking about being on the track running compared to inside on weights? Or was it just a Hagdorn sort of question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back