Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

YAY an actual pre-season training post*. THX jedi mind tricks ! But guess there is a new thread for them now due to 'discussion', THX Tayl0r

*Calculations on excessive thread pages due to unrelated posts is reduced by 1. New estimate at 478.
Bloody women. Put them in charge and they want to change the world.

I've got to head off in a minute so it'll be brief

Fyfe and Yarren doing run through all training so far. Both running freely however Yarren with some knee strapping.

Balic and Langdon doing run through too and looking fit. They both gave excellent running game actions.

Silvagni and Barlow just started doing run throughs a and look ripped.

So far mostly short kicking get practice r and some midfield drills with a focus on getting your arms free in the tackle to handball plus blocking the opposition for a player to take the ruck tap during throw ins.

Nothing ground breaking but I have to leave early.
Did you spot Coulda telling Tabs how to mark or was he having a coffee with Ross the Boss?.

So I made it to my first training session for 2015! (yes, 2015). What jedi mind tricks has said for the start of the session is spot on. After that a big group split off for close handball drills. Sam Collins absolutely destroyed everyone in this. Some of the guys went & did yoga. Tabs was carrying around 2x 30kg kettlebells & showing off, getting the guns out. Clarke was pulling around one of those weight sleigh thingos while wearing an altitude mask. Couldn't tell you the size of the weights though, sorry.

Balic was doing a lot of training by himself. Started off running, then some agility drills, then kicking for goal ~40 out with someone standing the mark. Started off kicking a few points, but was slotting them nicely by the end.

I kept a bit of an eye on my buddy of course. Like JMT said, Fyfe was just running 1/2 laps for the first hour, then went on to the agility drills, running to points laid out in the shape of a cross. Then moved on to some kicking for goals set shots using both feet from ~30 out. And then some stab kick passing. And shirtless... All of the running & kicking was kept nice & light, probably working at about 80%. He only did the one agi drill anywhere close to full speed.

Here's a photo so you can see how he all went:
fyfe training.JPG

Oh and I see what everyone's going on about with Ethan Hughes. Those guns!!! He's filled out really really well.

So I made it to my first training session for 2015! (yes, 2015). What jedi mind tricks has said for the start of the session is spot on. After that a big group split off for close handball drills. Sam Collins absolutely destroyed everyone in this. Some of the guys went & did yoga. Tabs was carrying around 2x 30kg kettlebells & showing off, getting the guns out. Clarke was pulling around one of those weight sleigh thingos while wearing an altitude mask. Couldn't tell you the size of the weights though, sorry.

Balic was doing a lot of training by himself. Started off running, then some agility drills, then kicking for goal ~40 out with someone standing the mark. Started off kicking a few points, but was slotting them nicely by the end.

I kept a bit of an eye on my buddy of course. Like JMT said, Fyfe was just running 1/2 laps for the first hour, then went on to the agility drills, running to points laid out in the shape of a cross. Then moved on to some kicking for goals set shots using both feet from ~30 out. And then some stab kick passing. And shirtless... All of the running & kicking was kept nice & light, probably working at about 80%. He only did the one agi drill anywhere close to full speed.

View attachment 201085

Oh and I see what everyone's going on about with Ethan Hughes. Those guns!!! He's filled out really really well.

Welcome back to Freo and the training reports.:thumbsu:

View attachment 201085

I get the feeling the theme of your reports will be 'the gun show' :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 201085

Cant tell the size of the weights ???? OMG

Give yourself a 24 hr ban :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Anyone seen much of Tommy Sheridan? Will be interested to see how he rebounds this season. The dropped mark in the prelim would have to dent the confidence a bit.

Anyone seen much of Tommy Sheridan? Will be interested to see how he rebounds this season. The dropped mark in the prelim would have to dent the confidence a bit.
He was having a nice 1 on 1 chat with RTB during today's session. He didn't really stand out or anything during the drills so I can't give you any info there sorry. Looks like he's bulked up a bit too

He was having a nice 1 on 1 chat with RTB during today's session. He didn't really stand out or anything during the drills so I can't give you any info there sorry. Looks like he's bulked up a bit too

Thanks Allikat. Glad to hear it. Hopeful that he is set for a big year...must have been painful for him to watch those replays!

Thanks Allikat. Glad to hear it. Hopeful that he is set for a big year...must have been painful for him to watch those replays!
He ended up having such a good year as well. That would hurt so much, especially because for quite a few, for some time that'll be all they associate with him. Games like round 1 v Port, Richmond at the MCG were superb and IMO he's definetly a member of our best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back