Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

couldhavebeen asked about the coloured weights the players were carting around today and was told they range from 28 to 32 kg each.
About eight boys were carrying these 15 metres one way then back , one in each hand.
We noticed the chest on Tom Sheridan when carrying these; massive.
Sam Collins went well with these things also as did Uebergang.

They are solid balls with a handle on top like an inverted "C".

Hurley's a bloody beauty with a character to match. Everything I've seen heard and read screams courage, humility, intelligence and talent. I just love the lad.

I really hope Irish makes it. I'm hopeful that the club saw something in him that made them think the international rookie experiment was worth punting on for him. He seems to have all the attributes, but it's a massive learning curve for someone coming to the game so late.

couldhavebeen asked about the coloured weights the players were carting around today and was told they range from 28 to 32 kg each.
About eight boys were carrying these 15 metres one way then back , one in each hand.

Yeh, Fred I heard you two Chatting about Tommy's chest and how he has stacked on the muscle since he arrived at Freo. I was just down from you with the young fella. My question to you regarding Tommy, do you think he will hold his position in the 22 next year?

Yeh, Fred I heard you two Chatting about Tommy's chest and how he has stacked on the muscle since he arrived at Freo. I was just down from you with the young fella. My question to you regarding Tommy, do you think he will hold his position in the 22 next year?
I'm sure he will due to not only his physical build .He has improved his skills as well.

He always asking questions of the coaches and senior players

I really hope Irish makes it. I'm hopeful that the club saw something in him that made them think the international rookie experiment was worth punting on for him. He seems to have all the attributes, but it's a massive learning curve for someone coming to the game so late.

I agree. The difficulty can't be overstated. That's partly why I was so glad when he was moved up forward as he wanted, thanks to Fyfe interceding on his behalf.

Kettlebells :) love it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly; did you notice Ross made a Point of chatting one on one with him ?
Ross rates him highly and devotes a lot of time on Tom. He is improving each year and if he does so this year he could be a key member.

Ross has more options this year with another pre-season into some talented kids. This year is close to the highest quality list we have ever had, ready to play.
You think so? At it's prime, our defence was better with a fit and available McPharlin amongst it. Problem has been that Ibbo, Johhno, Dawson and Silvagni have never been all available during RTB's reign and I continue to see it as an Achilles heel unless all of these guys stay fit and A.Pearce fills part of the breach that Elvis leaves behind.

You think so? At it's prime, our defence was better with a fit and available McPharlin amongst it. Problem has been that Ibbo, Johhno, Dawson and Silvagni have never been all available during RTB's reign and I continue to see it as an Achilles heel unless all of these guys stay fit and A.Pearce fills part of the breach that Elvis leaves behind.

I just don't see Silvagni keeping APearce out this year.
Ross has considered Silvagni depth for a few seasons now and I don't think Ross will change his mind this year either.
I can't see us ever playing , Dawson, Johnson, Silvagni, Alex Pearce and Ibbo in our back line together.

That you say this says more about you than it does about Ross Lyon. Lyon knows what he is doing.

Read my signature.
I don't have problems with having one or two of them, but all of Tendai, C.Pearce, Suban and DeBoer shouldn't be in the same side.

I don't have problems with having one or two of them, but all of Tendai, C.Pearce, Suban and DeBoer shouldn't be in the same side.

How often were they all in the same side this year? Mzungu had 11 games, C Pearce had 18 games, Suban had 24, and De Boer had 19.
I looked it up. They played in 5 games together. Rounds 4, 15, and 22, 23 and QF. For a winning return of 3 out of 5. Not bad, but not great either. I would expect two of these players to be under pressure from the up and coming young guns, but Suban and De Boer would not be first in the gun from that list.

All our young kids looked pretty great out there today. Early on in the session they split into best 22 & young kids, and Collins & Crozier were in the best 22 group so that's exciting.

Can you remember who else was in the best 22 and who was in the young 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back