Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to believe that, but Suban and DeBoer etc get games
Sure did. They got games in a year we finished top for the first time ever. Doesn't mean we can't improve, but I would think Fyfe's injury alone had more impact on our season than their combined negatives.

The best thing that happened to Tommy was the Eagles' humiliation on GF day, with Darling's dropped mark playing the starring role.

I hope that the guys have not been too harsh on him this off season for THAT dropped mark, and I certainly hope that our supporters don't give him the Bronx cheers when he goes back this year. Tommy is a confidence guy, and he was just finding his mojo last year. Kid has the skills, he just needs a bit more swagger.

Sure did. They got games in a year we finished top for the first time ever. Doesn't mean we can't improve, but I would think Fyfe's injury alone had more impact on our season than their combined negatives.

Fyfe has to play smarter this year to avoid getting any serious injuries IMHO.
Last year before the knee in the thigh he was breaking tackles and he was enjoying it but he became a marked man and then he was having to crash through 3 players before he could get space and time to deliver the ball .This slowed our ball movement .When he returned from the corked thigh he couldn't crash and bash so he then fed the ball out to other players .This made him a more effective player and it also sped up our ball movement .
I would rather see him this season get the ball and quickly dish it off ,then use his power to get into space and be ready to receive the ball so that he can be more damaging .The recruitment of Bennell as his support means that opposition teams won't be able to just concentrate on shutting down Fyfe at the stoppages .RTB should encouraged Fyfe to feed Bennell the ball and vise versa .This would scare the hell out of opposition players and coaches IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At training will try my first report later today.

A big turn out of players warming up.

Already bumped into Jedi Mind Tricks. Blast from the past and without boring people we used to get into a fair bit of trouble together partying. I let him go back to his mindfulness.

Ruck work at the moment.

Fyfe has to play smarter this year to avoid getting any serious injuries IMHO.
Last year before the knee in the thigh he was breaking tackles and he was enjoying it but he became a marked man and then he was having to crash through 3 players before he could get space and time to deliver the ball .This slowed our ball movement .When he returned from the corked thigh he couldn't crash and bash so he then fed the ball out to other players .This made him a more effective player and it also sped up our ball movement .
I would rather see him this season get the ball and quickly dish it off ,then use his power to get into space and be ready to receive the ball so that he can be more damaging .The recruitment of Bennell as his support means that opposition teams won't be able to just concentrate on shutting down Fyfe at the stoppages .RTB should encouraged Fyfe to feed Bennell the ball and vise versa .This would scare the hell out of opposition players and coaches IMO.

That can't be right, Suban and De Boer were blocking for him...apparently :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's something in what Fyfe says.
I'm not sure that complete shitfulness with the ball in hand can be excused when we're trying to improve

I remember back in the day when you used to hate on Stephen Hill. You called him soft. Your perception was wrong (in my opinion) then. Maybe your perception is a bit off here too.

Yes, de Boer, Suban, C. Pearce and Mzungu will face increased competition for their spots. They only played together for 5 games in 2015 anyway. Based on ages and effectiveness of their play, I would place them in that order of likelihood of keeping their spot.

I remember back in the day when you used to hate on Stephen Hill. You called him soft. Your perception was wrong (in my opinion) then. Maybe your perception is a bit off here too.

Yes, de Boer, Suban, C. Pearce and Mzungu will face increased competition for their spots. They only played together for 5 games in 2015 anyway. Based on ages and effectiveness of their play, I would place them in that order of likelihood of keeping their spot.

He WAS soft (no longer) and I still want him to take responsibility for scoring more.
And I think i was semi agreeing with you...However, we're not good enough currently, with the lack of forward power and shit ball movement the two main issues.
Those above do nothing to address that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back