Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am getting quite bullish over Weller. If he can hold his place in the team next year, then I think he is a good chance at winning the Rising Star award. Anybody share my sentiments?

Same. Both He and Blakely look terrific at training. They are such smart players and such a good build.

I think if the training reporters make the effort to get down to training, good on 'em. Personally I really appreciate their 'eyes' on training and what they see. I fully expect them to be positive, even completely biased, they are after all mad keen Freo supporters! I think you'll find most club boards are pretty positive this time of year.

Each training session I have been to this preseason, I'm don't wear my rose coloured glasses.

But I can honestly say that I am bowled over by this group of athletes we have at our disposal. To me,I am certain we have the best list we have ever had in terms of depth.

The way they all train,I can't think of one player who is not giving his heart and soul to better himself.
When I have watched this group train, some of the skills I have seen have really excited me.
I'm really interested to see how our team shapes this year,there's going to be some serious competition for spots.
So there ya go:thumbsu:

Watched him yesterday and actually thought things like that; thought Blakely was also proper splendid impressive.
Blakely looked as though he'd improved his pace significantly.
In your next training report can you let me know how Hughes is going and in my opinion Langdon is doing better than Weller and Blakely in his development and dont forget Langdon has real speed and made the WAFL Team of the Year even after missing games with injury.

Well said, thanks sherrif. Personally, I think Griffin was amazing towards the end of last year and I hope his form continues. Having Hale there will help a bit i think. I look forward to prooving you correct :thumbsu:

sherriff The best player since PST started this year IMO is Son Son closely followed by Neale and then Morra and I cant beleive some of the training watchers have forgotten to mention him. His leadership at PST has been nothing short of outstanding as he is positively urging and pushing and driving the players on at every session.His skills seem to have gone up another level since last year if that is possible given he already has a good skill base.

Last edited:
Well said, thanks sherrif. Personally, I think Griffin was amazing towards the end of last year and I hope his form continues. Having Hale there will help a bit i think. I look forward to prooving you correct :thumbsu:
The best player since PST started this year IMO is Son Son closely followed by Neale and then Morra and I cant believe some of the training watchers have forgotten to mention him. His leadership at PST has been nothing short of outstanding as he is positively urging and pushing and driving the players on at every session.His skills seem to have gone up another level since last year if that is possible given he already has a good skill base.:):thumbsu:

I'm a boy from the bush Dan and don't do them report thingys.
Langdon reminded me of myself over a hundred:all effortless class and unmatchable speed.
Weller is a distinct downgrade on my looks but still presentable.
Blakely has the potential to match my physicality, vision,handball speed,run and advanced reading the game skills.

I love all of the positive and up beat training reports. This is the time of the year that everyone can be positive as we all start from a clean slate with no wins no losses and its good to fantasise about how our young players are the best in the league. Keep all of the positive reports coming guys I and I know everyone else really appreciates it.

There was one passage of play during the match sims on Monday when Morra was taking the kick in after the opposing side had kicked a behind at the southern end of the ground. He took the safe option and hit up the spare man (Danyle Pearce) 15 metres away deep in the back pocket on the prison side of the ground.

Danyle then kicked the ball perfectly to Michael Johnson standing at the top of the 50m arc who then gave off a handball to a running player who just blistered with pace through the centre of the ground driving the ball lace out to Pav in the forward 50m arc.

Can anyone guess who that running player was?

There was one passage of play during the match sims on Monday when Morra was taking the kick in after the opposing side had kicked a behind at the southern end of the ground. He took the safe option and hit up the spare man (Danyle Pearce) 15 metres away deep in the back pocket on the prison side of the ground.

Danyle then kicked the ball perfectly to Michael Johnson standing at the top of the 50m arc who then gave off a handball to a running player who just blistered with pace through the centre of the ground driving the ball lace out to Pav in the forward 50m arc.

Mora? Weller?

As people are clamouring for a negative training report, I will see if I can get across for a session in the new year.

He took the safe option and hit up the spare man (Danyle Pearce) 15 metres away deep in the back pocket on the prison side of the ground.

Bennell ??

The problem with this analysis, is that Danyle Pearce is highly unlikely to do that in a match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was it was....Paul Hasleby

Zac Dawson?

Bennell ??

The problem with this analysis, is that Danyle Pearce is highly unlikely to do that in a match.
tants, get in here. Somebody is telling truths about your buddy.

Please be one of Matt de Boer, Nic Suban or Clancee Pearce.

It was Morabito ?

Last edited:
Bennell ??

Rubbish. Ironically considering the recent discussion here there are plenty (of Freo bIg Footy posters) who watch D.Pearce with the opposite of a 'Rose coloured glasses'. approach. D.Pearce could be in our top four players for six or seven rounds (according to our apparently 'know nothing' coaches), then miss one or two kicks and be set upon on here (This actually happened in season 2015 BTW). Barlow can have five turnovers in a quarter (happened in 2015 as well) and nothing is said on here. Spurr can have three turnovers in a half of footy directly costing goals (like he did against West Toast). Again, nothing said on here.
In the training Ive seen Danyle is shaping up brilliantly for season 2016.

To clarify my point that Danyle could miss one or two kicks and then be ripped into on here. It was around round eight or nine when Danyle missed two kicks in a short period of time. In the game thread there was four or five posters who ripped into him. I didnt go to the Best and Fairest count (correct me if Im wrong if you did go), but it was only a couple of round earlier he was around the top four in the count. My point is that it was neither 'hyperbole' nor exaggeration to state the level of criticism of D.Pearce on here doesn't match up with 'impartial judgement' in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:
Rubbish. Ironically considering the recent discussion here there are plenty (of Freo bIg Footy posters) who watch D.Pearce with the opposite of a 'Rose coloured glasses'. approach. D.Pearce could be in our top four players for six or seven rounds, then miss one or two kicks and be set upon on here (This actually happened in season 2015 BTW). Barlow can have five turnovers in a quarter (happened in 2015 as well) and nothing is said on here. Spurr can have three turnover in a half of footy directly costing goals (like he did against West Toast). Again, nothing said on here.
I think to some extent this is because Daniel could be so much more. Has all the weapons just seems to panic under pressure and spray his kicking.
Barlow and Spurr are a bit more blue collar so you don't expect as much.

Rubbish. Ironically considering the recent discussion here there are plenty (of Freo bIg Footy posters) who watch D.Pearce with the opposite of a 'Rose coloured glasses'. approach. D.Pearce could be in our top four players for six or seven rounds, then miss one or two kicks and be set upon on here.This actually happened in season 2015 BTW). Barlow can have five turnovers in a quarter (happened in 2015 as well) and nothing is said on here.
One or two kicks. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Hyperbole doesn't help your argument.

With the injection of new talent, and Mora's hopeful return, Danyle needs to shape up brilliantly if he hopes to get a spot in the 22 come round 1.

The best player since PST started this year IMO is Son Son closely followed by Neale and then Morra and I cant believe some of the training watchers have forgotten to mention him. His leadership at PST has been nothing short of outstanding as he is positively urging and pushing and driving the players on at every session.His skills seem to have gone up another level since last year if that is possible given he already has a good skill base.:):thumbsu:
To be fair it is now nearly taken for granted Walters is outstanding in training sessions. He is our most consistently outstanding trainer over a four year period. I agree. My top four trainers from what I have seen is Neale, Mora, Walters and Griffin.

Last edited:
One or two kicks. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Hyperbole doesn't help your argument.

With the injection of new talent, and Mora's hopeful return, Danyle needs to shape up brilliantly if he hopes to get a spot in the 22 come round 1.
Then can you please explain how he was in the top four of the best and fairest up until round six or seven? There is a basic lack of impartial judgement of his performances by some on here that is absurd. It is one of the safest bets in the world he will be in the team come round 1 and is looking in fantastic shape at training. D.Pearce will be a major beneficiary of Bennell joining the club as he will be matched up on the third quickest mid for extended periods in a game.

Sorry, but you seriously watch him with the definition of the opposite of the "Rose coulured glasses' approach. BTW I wish you a merry christmas in all seriousness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back