Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he sure has. He appears to do more observation than the other mids. Both Weller and Blakely look switched on.

Just to add I hope Lachie Neale becomes a stoppage coach. He appears so well drilled and understanding of his role and where he needs to be to relieve the ball and get it out yo the outside runners.

For someone so young he looks a complete natural.
Was like a duck to water in the clinches. Watching him squeeze out handballs from congestion is a joy to watch.

Ive said this before. I would be amazed if Hurley didn't star for Peel and play for Freo regularly at some point. His improvement last season was massive. He has all the tools athletically. Seriously excited by his prospects.
I've also got a feeling he'll be on the senior list in 2017. I only managed to see him play for peel once last year, and he didn't star, but his athleticism was really apparent. Another year learning the game and then he'll be hard to stop.

Hows Sheridan looking over the preseason so far? After his infamous dropped mark against the hawks in the finals people seem to be writing his career off. Has he put some weight on and do you think he will bounce back and lock in a best 22 role on the back flank. Interested for DT Keepers
I reckon he's concentrating on a great 2016 and has forgotten all about it. Seriously, it's in the past and a non issue. The game wasn't won and lost in that moment alone.

Hows Sheridan looking over the preseason so far? After his infamous dropped mark against the hawks in the finals people seem to be writing his career off. Has he put some weight on and do you think he will bounce back and lock in a best 22 role on the back flank. Interested for DT Keepers
If he keeps up his form from towards the backend of the season than he will. I believe he has a big role to play for 2016.

I was also impresses with his round 1 game against port. His further half he missed a few kicks but his run and carry was exceptional.
Agreed, I loved that performance. His performance in that game was at that stage his best ever IMO. If he plays anything like that then he'll be in our best 22

I reckon he's concentrating on a great 2016 and has forgotten all about it. Seriously, it's in the past and a non issue. The game wasn't won and lost in that moment alone.

Agreed.

Sheridan played some really good games in the last half of the season and he was solid in the first final against Sydney.

The dropped mark in the preliminary final was a bad mistake but so were Mayne's missed goal in the first quarter, Griff's missed goal in half time and Mzungu's disposal at crucial times.

Onward and upward.

Will definitely slip under the radar in other states I think. Has a big future here.

This is from the article about Fyfe's injury on the Freo web site.

Fremantle expects Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe to resume running when the club returns to training on 5 January despite injuring his back at training.

Bugger. It's going to be too hot for me to ride for the rest of the week, and next Monday I'm busy. At least I'll get a ride in today.

Does anyone know what height Hughes would be at these days? for what its worth I see him as a MJ replacement when he retires, just seems to have that natural glide across the ground and run and carry that MJ has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a chat with the groundskeeper who said the players are doing a 3k off-site tomorrow and full training at Freo Oval resumes Friday.
Just to elaborate on my earlier post Fyfe was already running when I got there about just after 8.30. He did a bit of kick to kick with a trainer and then proceeded to punch out a series of timed zig zag runs starting at one end of the ground running to the wing, laterally to the other wing and then to the goals. He was looking at his watch and pumping them out. He was sweating buckets and not just ambling around out there.

Hill meanwhile ran about a million laps and looked like he could have done the crossword while covering the ground like a gazelle.

I think I may have missed something, I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks. When Fyfes back injury was announced the world went in to melt down with "experts" more or less claiming he is done. Now it seems he has defied medical history with the likely reasoning being he is in fact an offspring of Wolverines.

I think I may have missed something, I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks. When Fyfes back injury was announced the world went in to melt down with "experts" more or less claiming he is done. Now it seems he has defied medical history with the likely reasoning being he is in fact an offspring of Wolverines.
100% correct. I can't see anything in the rule book saying you need to be human to play AFL.

Good to see Fyfe is up & running though. The reports from the media made no sense having been AT the training session that he was horrifically & permanently crippled

Does anyone know what height Hughes would be at these days? for what its worth I see him as a MJ replacement when he retires, just seems to have that natural glide across the ground and run and carry that MJ has.
He is listed at 188cm, but his parents said he was still growing when myself and a couple of other posters spoke to them towards the end of last season at a Peel game. 191-193cm is my best guess.

Agreed. Either he is part Wolverine or that injection he had is some magic stuff. Having had some treatment myself at Envision they are good but maybe it is a case of both.

He is listed at 188cm, but his parents said he was still growing when myself and a couple of other posters spoke to them towards the end of last season at a Peel game. 191-193cm is my best guess.
Great thanks. Sounds like he will be a really good utility/third tall in the future.

But Doc Larkin diagnosed Fyfe to be crippled for life. I thought he had the skills to diagnose a patient via telekinesis?

jedi mind tricks Dr Larkin's comments were a generalisation for that sort of injury and it' not that he gave a medical opinion that could be relied upon as he had scant information. So blame Ch 7 for the worst case scenario in regards the injury. You will be happy to know Ch 10 & plus 9 were there and 7 missed out seeing Nathan but he trained on the field and timing wise from what I remember was before the Channels got there but they did film him leaving in his car going past the South changerooms

Didn't see you there today or salim malik but your mate couldhavebeen was there I thought he might have come along to see you and wish you Happy New Year with a light peck on the cheek. ha ha

The training standouts today were Fyfey (in his Grey Lexus 4 WD) Hill (in his nice red Jeep 4WD) Clarke and Taberner (in a VW Beetle) ha ha as they were the only ones that trained. There were only a few of us there so we observed player arrivals for something to do hence reference to vehicle types. We had some interesting discussions with Hugo Clems Knee and sherrif to pass the time of day as well. Coulda didn't mention the Laurie Lawrence exercise but one of the posters remembered that Laurie Lawrence was never the Head Coach of the Australian Swimming team.How's that for a bit of trivia.

Allikat she would have loved training today Fyfe had the Man Bun in place and Tabs was topless;):p:D.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back