Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't he injured ATM? Rehab group if at all. Till then I think he has been coming along really well.

I have always said based on his WAFL games I can see Hurley playing for us late this year or early next - has all the skills and I rate him almost on par with APearce going forward.
Didn't see any of the rehabbers today. Griff is supposed to be minor and will return this week. Hurley is limping badly, looks like a groin injury.
Thanks dudes. I was aware he was injured but just wanted to know what the extent of the injury was. No one seems to be saying how long he might be out. He did seem to be flying prior to it from the training reports.

Hoping channel seven making it sound worse than it is? Took himself off with a hamstring complaint... could be cramp or tightness (he says wishfully). Scans tomorrow apparently. Fingers crossed for him!

Mora has a hamstring injury according to 7
Yeah that's right us guys at the Old Dudes hangout saw him come off but it was late in the session and he went up into the rooms.I wouldn't say it was all that bad from the way he walked up from the ground up the steps to the changerooms. We didn't know it was a hamstring till 7 mentioned it tonight.With the amount of work he has done this summer the poor bugger needs a rest and I hope his recovery is short.

Hamstring complaint? The slightest thing wrong with him and he'd be off the track and getting scans likes being reported. Hopefully just tight or something minor.

Hamstring complaint? The slightest thing wrong with him and he'd be off the track and getting scans likes being reported. Hopefully just tight or something minor.
salim malik sherrif TheInjuryFactory jedi mind tricks Sandi7 I think it was Phill who saw Mora first grab at his leg and he said something to us old dudes. But to see Anthony walk off you wouldn't have known it was a hamstring but I guess when the body cooled down a better diagnosis would have been able to be made as to the grade of the tear if there is one.

makes sense. would have been way too hot to wait till after training.
I just came from Freo Oval. Amazed they stuck at it for as long as they did. I was hyperventilating just watching.
lots of match sims as usual. skills were pretty decent overall.
Everyone is training well, its hard to pick out anyone today but some things I noticed.

Walters training the house down as usual.
Silvagni continues to impress standing Pav in sims.
Dawson just quietly goes about it.
Uber and Collins definitely in the mix already.
Smith still with the forwards.
Clancee had a lot of it today, some of his kicking was great but he continues to be vulnerable to the smother when he takes too long to get the ball on the boot and his eyes go down.
Deluca does some really nice things including marking a strong contested ball but his kicking action is horrendous.
Tucker is very impressive. I see him getting game time this year. He's so organised and tidy and just gets it done when its his turn.
Blakely continues to shine, in everything and looking right at home.
Weller also continues to be prominent and shows an aptitude for getting on the end of it in the forward half. Kicked a very nice set shot in a sim.
Mayne typically busy and energetic.
All the guys you expect to just keep doing what they do, Hill, Sandi, Mundy, Neale, Ibbo, Suban, Sherro, DeBoer, Gu, Spurr, Sutty (excellent kicking today).
Hughes just catches my eyes every time. Really think he might be something.
Crozier had some nice involvements today.
Fyfe did a couple of things that reminded me why he has a Brownlow medal.
Nyhuis could step straight in as a tidy defender.

Pressure going up all the time. The excitement is getting palpable as we get closer to actual competitive footy.
E Shed, how is my buddy Pav going please?

salim malik sherrif TheInjuryFactory jedi mind tricks Sandi7 I think it was Phill who saw Mora first grab at his leg and he said something to us old dudes. But to see Anthony walk off you wouldn't have known it was a hamstring but I guess when the body cooled down a better diagnosis would have been able to be made as to the grade of the tear if there is one.

Thanks Danny, a sleepless night for me waiting to hear how bad Mora is. I am shattered :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Danny, a sleepless night for me waiting to hear how bad Mora is. I am shattered :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Given that the group had been training in very hot conditions if Mora hadn't adequately rehydrated it could just be a cramp from loss of body salts from sweating.:):D:D:D

Last edited:
A "torn" hamstring is quite serious. I hope that is just some exaggeration being used, and it's just a small tweak.

I had gone did not see him leave the track I wish him all the best Mora deserves a bit of luck

too hot for training watchers today ? don't blame em, wouldn't of made it past the Norfolk myself...
Nobody generally goes down on Tuesday's as most of the work on that day is done in the Gym and meeting rooms. I would have thought they would be in the indoor pool today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back