Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

Mod notice: A bunch of posts have been deleted accidentally, which have since been reinstated.

Wow, just got my post deleted which was just the post of Cleary saying Dawson picked the crows. Touchy Swans mod

There's no Sydney supporting moderator on this board.

I got deleted for saying he is an excellent get for Adelaide and a good result for Jordan to be closer to loved ones in these uncertain times.

Real mature moderating …

If you've got issues re: how this board is moderated, do the mature thing and raise it via the appropriate channels.

My posts are being deleted too. Apparently I was trolling, something I obviously don't agree with.

As above.

Can we simply ban PSD chat on here? Swans wont send him there, and crows could be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY to resort to that by offering way unders.

That is what the Crows will do. This is what will happen

"Here, take pick 23 for Dawson"

"No, that is no where near enough for a player of Dawson's quality"

"Take pick 23 or he goes to the PSD and you get nothing"

Fan Fiction ending:

He goes to North and lives happily ever after.

Post Script: Crows are told by AFL that they are worse than Dodo after failing to trade two years in a row.

Fan Fiction ending:

He goes to North and lives happily ever after.

Post Script: Crows are told by AFL that they are worse than Dodo after failing to trade two years in a row.

North could do the Swans a massive favour and simply announce they would take Dawson with pick 1 in the PSD. North could do that as they like bidding on academy players, offering big contracts to other players and just generally being pains in the neck, but on the other hand North really does not like Sydney so they may not be remotely interested in doing us any favours.

Oh absolutely. You don't get too many perks for finishing in the bottom four and most of them are you can be a right dick when trading. The other being that you really care about the draft after a rough season.

Congrats to The Crows for getting a fairly big fish to nominate them. Kudos to Matthew Nicks and IMHO the terrific job he is doing a club that pretty much hit rock bottom at the end of the Pyke regime.

Now getting a deal done is the tricky part, but ibak sure something will be arranged.

North could do the Swans a massive favour and simply announce they would take Dawson with pick 1 in the PSD. North could do that as they like bidding on academy players, offering big contracts to other players and just generally being pains in the neck, but on the other hand North really does not like Sydney so they may not be remotely interested in doing us any favours.
I wonder if that's draft tampering? I mean I love it and we should ask Blakey what their twitter password is, solves that "leverage"

Oh absolutely. You don't get too many perks for finishing in the bottom four and most of them are you can be a right dick when trading. The other being that you really care about the draft after a rough season.

Still think the Crows should thrown in a future 2022 pick to make the trade a bit more equitable and nor try burn bridges from trading with The Swans in future.

Plus I can honestly see Adelaide being significant improvers next season, so I think the risk/reward factor to get a player like Dawson is worth it.

because of the threat of the PSD the Swans list management team may not have much power here.
I maintain that at a certain point of quality that means nothing. Dawson is that quality. I cant think of the last time a very good player was traded for severe unders (at the time of the trade) because they were out of contract

Pick 4 is simply too high a selection to get involved in my view, no matter what Sydney would hypothetically send back with Dawson

GWS love the top end of the draft - can Adelaide split their pick 4 into GWS' pick 13 and their future first and send one of those selections to Sydney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think the Crows should thrown in a future 2022 pick to make the trade a bit more equitable and nor try burn bridges from trading with The Swans in future.

Plus I can honestly see Adelaide being significant improvers next season, so I think the risk/reward factor to get a player like Dawson is worth it.

There is no such thing as burning bridges in the AFL world. Too small of a circle for such a thing to occur.

The Swans would screw us over if they had the opportunity to do so, like every other club in the league. Much like we would.

There is no such thing as burning bridges in the AFL world. Too small of a circle for such a thing to occur.

The Swans would screw us over if they had the opportunity to do so, like every other club in the league. Much like we would.

Swans are pretty good to deal with really, they gave us Nic Newman for basically a can of Coke, and whilst no star, has been a solid recruit for Carlton..

We shall see what happens, I do believe you will give up more than pick 23 in the trade but time will tell I suppose.

Can we simply ban PSD chat on here? Swans wont send him there, and crows could be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY to resort to that by offering way unders.
What? The same stuff was said last year with Hatley. It's a possibility if Sydney don't take what the Crows offer. And the reality is that none of the clubs ahead of Adelaide are going to take him when he has moved back here, stated he wants to play here because of family support. Just won't happen. Would you sign a guy to a five year, 500k a year contract when he doesn't want to play for you? Take up a list spot with a guy that hates you for drafting him? Nope.

Pick 4 is simply too high a selection to get involved in my view, no matter what Sydney would hypothetically send back with Dawson

GWS love the top end of the draft - can Adelaide split their pick 4 into GWS' pick 13 and their future first and send one of those selections to Sydney?

Pick 4 and Dawson in exchange for Pick 12 seems reasonably fair to me, or at least fairer.

We're going to split Pick 4 into two 1st rounders and we're still not going to give Sydney one of them.

It'll be Pick 23 and maybe the Freo 3rd we have and Swans will take

Aliir went to Port for less
Brad Hill to Freo for 23 from Hawks
Steele from GWS pick 27
Saad from GC to Ess 2nd round (much higher Ess to Car)

There's countless other trades of similar value.
Pick 23 maybe with a future 3rd seems right.

Dawson was ranked as the 31st best player in the league in 2021 (at least by Champion Data). None of the players listed above would have been even in the top 50 in the league at the time of their trades, many not in the top 100.

Pick 4 and Dawson in exchange for Pick 12 seems reasonably fair to me, or at least fairer.

not going to happen book mark it

we will keep pick 4 guarantee

23 with a bit of change

we got shafted on Alex keith

happens every year to a few clubs just the system

but I do get it will be a steal and we didn’t like it what we got for Keith and Greenwood for that matter in same trade period

Dawson was ranked as the 31st best player in the league in 2021 (at least by Champion Data). None of the players listed above would have been even in the top 50 in the league at the time of their trades, many not in the top 100.
If only champion data was the benchmark on players perceived value. Unfortunately its not.
Value is somewhat capped at the draft capital of the chosen club.
No way crows part with a premium 1st round pick.
Pick 4 won't be part of the deal which leaves multiple later round picks as the only reasonable options.

Fun times ahead I think. Not sure that there is a fair and equitable outcome right now.

Back