List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on taking a punt on Jacob Edwards? Just got delisted from North, he's a Sandy boy too

Weird that they delisted a project ruck. I wouldn't pick him up myself. Too much like another Heath. He's averaging very low hit out numbers. Probably one to watch in the state leagues and pick him up in his mid 20s.

Explain to me how it makes any sense for Essendon to massively overpay Gresh so that we take Shiels huge one year salary off them?
So say they pick up Gres at 750k and Sheil.is on 900k.

We take Sheil, Essendon pay only 750k, if we don't they are paying 1.65 million.

So it is worth 150k more to get 900k off the books, net saving 750k, plus they get say pick 31

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Northern academies are also feeding into the discontent clubs are feeling about draft handouts.

What did Lyon say? “The gift that keeps on giving.” He wasn’t just alluding to North Melbourne there. Gold Coast have 3 top 10 picks coming from their exclusive academy.

This is going to be a heavily debated point after the draft. Wait and see. It’s an issue uniting the majority of clubs. Lyon and Scott revealed a lot of the anger that has bubbling away under the surface for a while.

The only good thing that having GC getting a pile of new academy kids is the opportunity to pick off their scraps as they need to open up spots. We should be chasing Hollands types not Shiel.

The only good thing that having GC getting a pile of new academy kids is the opportunity to pick off their scraps as they need to open up spots. We should be chasing Hollands types not Shiel.

Does Hollands come with pick 13? Are we chasing Sheil? Are we not chasing Hollands?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They get him for nothing anyway he's a free agent. The idea that they would put Gresh on a long term overs deal so that we take Shiel is so dumb, of course I wish it were true but it would only work if Dodo wanted to destroy the club on his way out the door.
Once again. They won’t.

If we are not happy with what we are likely to get in compensation we can either match it and keep Gresh or match it and then they have to trade a pick to us to pay for him.

I’m not sure what’s not clear…they pay Gresh enough to get us level 1 compo, we take on Shiels’ salary; they get their player of need and still make money on the deal. Whilst we get pick #13. Win/win.

Seaside is winding us up surely?

If dealing with Essendon has taught us anything, Shiel will be just as likely to never play again. His foot is probably proper rooted Matt Egan style.
Apologies not winding anyone up. If the deal happens that we get pick 13 and Shiel I'll be absolutely rapt. Essendon fans would be fuming at it. I don't think it makes sense but would love to be proven wrong.

Their scraps are also hard to get. As we found out with Flanders, and we will find out about with Hollands and others.

Take the academy off them. These elite kids should be in the general draft pool. It’s obscene.

Apologies not winding anyone up. If the deal happens that we get pick 13 and Shiel I'll be absolutely rapt. Essendon fans would be fuming at it. I don't think it makes sense but would love to be proven wrong.
Unless they want to keep Sheil, why would Essendon fans be fuming at it?

At least 750k better off on TPP
Swap a 26 y.o Gresham for a 31 y.o Sheil
Get a second round pick

What is so bad about that deal?

Weird that they delisted a project ruck. I wouldn't pick him up myself. Too much like another Heath. He's averaging very low hit out numbers. Probably one to watch in the state leagues and pick him up in his mid 20s.
How’s he being used is what you need to look at, Coleman Jones, Goldstein dropped for a few games etc. Just like mids who get stuck behind a pack of senior players. I wouldn’t go with two developing rucks myself but he may be better than his stats suggest.

That's because it's a pretty ordinary draft with picks 7 to 20 something not that different in quality. I'd rather take our picks as they fall than move up to 7.

Shiel is a net negative IMO. If it was 1 year, it's not terrible but if we have to chew up salary cap for 3 or 4, it's a firm NO from me.

The best option in all this is to pay Gresh and get him to stay, but if the little campaigner wants to be blatantly overpaid for another 3-4 years good luck to him.

Take the pick 30ish, give it to Freo for Henry. Move on.

Would rather see Stocker/Windhager get midfield minutes. Plus, Owens, and potentially Dow getting midfield time.

Yes we need midfielders, but we need A graders. Pointless otherwise. The last thing we need is another ball butcherer clogging up the midfield.

Bank the cap room, we need it for Ben King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back