Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So i tried to order some wave 3 amiibos from EB, nope can only order online, store has exhausted their pre order stock???????

Check online and a couple are already sold out.....they don't come out for another month. Nintendo really don't understand the demand for these at all.
JB made them available for pre order on their site yesterday.
They sold out in half an hour but I managed to grab and Shulk and Ike.

For what it's worth, Pit is out of online stock again at EB. Go figure.

You can't even ask for email notifications on their site ... damnit.
:Looks at my own collection: Completely forgot I already had Marth ...
Pun intended?

Thinking about getting a Lucario amiibo but unsure if I would really use it

So i tried to order some wave 3 amiibos from EB, nope can only order online, store has exhausted their pre order stock???????

Check online and a couple are already sold out.....they don't come out for another month. Nintendo really don't understand the demand for these at all.

Nintendo are artificially creating demand. They are essentially the masters at it.

Look at the mad scramble for them now

Nintendo are artificially creating demand. They are essentially the masters at it.

Look at the mad scramble for them now

I don't think it's entirely planned. To me it seems to have been partly also an underestimation of how well it would sell, knowing that if they were underestimating, the drawback would not be as significant as if they overestimated.

Ordered Sonic, Bowser, Toon Link, Rosalina, Sheik & Meta Knight.

King Dedede was one of the sold out ones i wanted, looks like i'll be hunting for that one in stores. The rest of wave 3 i dont care for, so no big deal if i can never get them, if i see any in store i will pick them up though.

Will be taking them out of their boxes too, being numbered is triggering my OCD.

I don't think it's entirely planned. To me it seems to have been partly also an underestimation of how well it would sell, knowing that if they were underestimating, the drawback would not be as significant as if they overestimated.

I agree that the success has been better than Nintendo intended as well. It is sound business to underestimate how much you need, rather than overestimate. See THQ with U-Draw or Activision with Tony Hawk RIDE. When it comes to peripherals they tend to be boom or bust, I think that they will keep the numbers low enough that you struggle to see them on shelves in the short term. But with an increase so that they can capitalise on how much the audience wants them right now.

Can you really blame Nintendo for the short supplies though, given the lack of success the Wii U had up to the second half of this year? They kind of exploded into centre stage again after Mario Kart 8, two versions of Smash, the adaptor hype, new 3DS', Bayonetta 2, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and of course amiibo hype, nobody really expected 6 months ago for everyone to be going crazy for figurines on top of these games. I mean I didn't think I'd be spending money on adaptors and amiibos before I have a console. They have more hype now which has to be a good thing.

IMO Link Between Worlds kind of got lost in all this. I personally haven't had a chance to play it yet, beyond the initial 5 minute checking out of the game. People have been saying it's too easy or not saying much at all. I didn't mention Hyrule Warriors either which I assume not a heap of Zelda fans are going to lap up. Interested to know how they've been selling, and compared to say the Mario 3D Land/World games and the Donkey Kong 3DS/Wii U games.

Last edited:
Pokemon Stadium 3+Pokemon Amiibos Nintendo will make a killing,also you can buy a Pokemon carry bag that holds 6 Amiibo Pokemon.
Not just Pokemon ones but trainer ones that you can teach how to battle and they have their one Pokemon. Would be fun to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB website has some wave 3 amiibo back up for pre-order, get in quick.
Grabbed Shulk, Megaman and Bowser because they are teh awesome. Had to go through the 'create an account' business but I didn't lose out.

Cheers. Just waiting for Ike to become available now.

Grabbed Shulk, Megaman and Bowser because they are teh awesome. Had to go through the 'create an account' business but I didn't lose out.

Cheers. Just waiting for Ike to become available now.
Ike's the only one that they never put up again. Must have the biggest demand for it.

Read on a thread from another site people are having Amiibo utensil fights. Training up Amiibos and having them fight others
People who have friends. Eff them.

I talked with the checkout person when I was buying my controller. She asked if I had an adapter already and I told her I'd gotten one from Nintendo. Suitably impressed. :p

Worst jokes in the world aside ... she regaled me with a story of a relative who was late to the party. He'd seen the adapter for $180 on Ebay.

He bought it ... and I see a unit sold for $200 recently.

Thank you, Nintendo.

People who have friends. Eff them.

I talked with the checkout person when I was buying my controller. She asked if I had an adapter already and I told her I'd gotten one from Nintendo. Suitably impressed. :p

Worst jokes in the world aside ... she regaled me with a story of a relative who was late to the party. He'd seen the adapter for $180 on Ebay.

He bought it ... and I see a unit sold for $200 recently.

Thank you, Nintendo.
You either have Amiibos or friends :p

Stories like this make me glad I preordered my Smash game with the GC adaptor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back