WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxtel own Main Event and Fox8 so they didn't want people seeing the matches for free instead of buying a replay. "Technical issues" was a bullshit cover story.

Sounds Likely. People who use WWE Network or Downloaded it anyway.

Main Event is now a Massive Rip Off

Sounds Likely. People who use WWE Network or Downloaded it anyway.

Main Event is now a Massive Rip Off

I actually don't agree with that at all. Yes, compared to the Network it is costly - but compared to what UFC and boxing events cost, or what WWE PPVs cost in America (where paying for big events is much more culturally and historically engrained), the 25 bucks that Australians are charged is pretty damn reasonable.

In the case of the Royal Rumble, we're lucky that it's been on the Australia Day long weekend for the last couple of years. I doubt I'm the only one here with a permanent, full time job who not only gets paid for public holidays or annual leave/ADOs - but who earns more than 25 bucks in an hour. When you consider that you get 3 hours of entertainment for less than an hourly rate when I'm not working anyway, I never had any trouble justifying that for big events.

I didn't bother with geoblocking when the Network launched last year - but I thought Wrestlemania was absolutely worth the 35 bucks that I paid last year. I might not have thought the same in some of the previous years, and certainly I was pissed off when I paid (I think) 25 bucks for last years Royal Rumble - but I don't think the price they charge is that unreasonable.

All that said, I'm much more militant about despising those who refuse to pay 12 bucks a month for the Network now (especially given all the other content) than I was when they wanted twice that much for one show. Especially when those who have the sense of entitlement over watching shows for free are often the same people with the sense of entitlement for WWE to deliver them exactly what they want.

IMO, if people aren't paying for it they don't have any right to whinge, and the rest of us shouldn't have to listen to them.

Not to mention the quality on Main Event is generally going to be better than that of an internet stream. In saying that though, I'm streaming the Network on a not-so-powerful laptop so the dissonance in quality is probably more noticeable for me than others.

Here's a comparison between an Attitude Era script, and a recent-ish script. Does anybody want to pinpoint the differences and what might be causing a problem?

LHzZICa.jpg

Hopefully in the future , ME don't replay a PPV exactly at the same time as a live broadcast.
Not like they weren't up to their 5th or 6th replay by that time Tuesday amirite ?.

What shits me most is the 3 people in all of Australia who DIDN'T watch the Rumble ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY :rolleyes: ( or watched on network or torrented ) ****ed over a few million wrestling fans watching RAW.

The network isn't a good alternative for those with shitty internet.

FWIW Network is a lot more stable through Apple TV along with other apps than PC, PS4. At least in my experience.

I'm going out on a limb here and quoting reddit because I'm at work and wont be able to listen to the podcast until I get home, and I know reddit has it out for Roman Reigns, but if this quote is accurate and contextually fine, Reigns is either a campaigner in real life, or about to pull of the biggest heel turn in ages....
To go along with this Roman Reigns has said stuff how people who don't wrestle shouldn't be able to criticise wrestlers, you don't need to be a chef to think that food tastes s**t, and that people hate because they hate their own lives. If he isn't turning heel he's a complete campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anybody even surprised that they got their best rating since June? They were showing the two biggest matches from a PPV for free and everyone who only watches the Rumble through to Mania tuned in. Always happens on the road to Mania. Also add to that that a lot of the North East of America was stuck inside for the night.

To go along with this Roman Reigns has said stuff how people who don't wrestle shouldn't be able to criticise wrestlers, you don't need to be a chef to think that food tastes s**t, and that people hate because they hate their own lives. If he isn't turning heel he's a complete campaigner.

0OsIhDc.gif

from some website that took it from da meltz:

As noted, Titus O'Neil's four second elimination at the WWE Royal Rumble match this past Sunday night was supposed to be a one second elimination to tie Santino Marella as the shortest Rumble reign in history.

Due to a timing issue between O'Neil, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, he wasn't eliminated until the four second mark.

Vince McMahon was said to be furious over the mistake, as it was the only spot in the match that was supposed to be timed perfectly.
inb4 vince blames the booing crowd on titus:drunk:

seriously though, why give that spot to titus? how does tieing some stupid 'record' do anything for anyone? dude is underrated imo

from some website that took it from da meltz:

inb4 vince blames the booing crowd on titus:drunk:

seriously though, why give that spot to titus? how does tieing some stupid 'record' do anything for anyone? dude is underrated imo
I love Titus. Has a good look, decent move set and ring work and very good on the mic. Probably not a main event guy but I'd love to see him in the IC or US title picture, even in another tag team that is in the title picture.

Alright. I know we're all thinking the same thing as to why Vince wanted Titus to tie that record. It's a unique trait that Titus has that not too many others on the roster have at the moment. And the ones that do, the majority of them aren't pushed too much or have pretty bad gimmicks.

He's bald.

Alright. I know we're all thinking the same thing as to why Vince wanted Titus to tie that record. It's a unique trait that Titus has that not too many others on the roster have at the moment. And the ones that do, the majority of them aren't pushed too much or have pretty bad gimmicks.

He's bald.
He'll be main eventing Wrestlemania soon ?

He'll be main eventing Wrestlemania soon ?
Batista and Orton did main event last year... But it hasn't been a while since a shiny headed bald person main evented. Shiny bald and bald are two different things.

Here's a comparison between an Attitude Era script, and a recent-ish script. Does anybody want to pinpoint the differences and what might be causing a problem?

LHzZICa.jpg
They should bring Benoit back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back