Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

The best way to win a state election is to be in opposition federally.

Thats why Barnett is safe as houses.

OK. I get that. But as Labor is in opposition federally wouldn't that mean - by the logic of your own argument - Barnett is very unsafe. Or is this a clever ironic remark about the current government never really emerging from its role in opposition and becoming a true government? If so, kudos, nice call.

Exit polls in Australia are notoriously inaccurate.

Seems like a bunch of Labor supporters in this thread are popping the champagne a little early.

you can bet your arse the swing won't be uniform so it will be really interesting to watch tonight.

I think it's just a matter of showing up to watch a close LNP victory and suddenly being told that any result is possible.

******* hell!
http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/qu...igures-predict-labor-win-20150131-132tuv.html

If true then that is the most incredible turn around in Australian Politics ever. And if true Abbott is GAWN. Which is great news for the nation as he an embarrassment and the worst underachiever of a PM we have ever had by a mile. It would also be bad news for Federal Labor - as Abbott is currently the gift of their next election win.
Labor's internal polls must think it half possibly for those politicians to respond like that.

Is this real life??

For mine anything over 30 seats and Newman out is a big win.
Agreed, that would be a massive turn around and a win in itself. But a hung parliament or Labor actually winning it (and that does seem far fetched, despite exit polling), then we are probably watching the end of Abbott tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman is getting wiped out with an initial 12% swing, twice what's needed.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back