Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

They wont nor will it be possible. The very nature of Qld State government has changed and areas such as Transport have been changed to the point that it is not viable to change back. Marketing and road works through Roadtek for example. I suppose that the LNP can now say that they changed the way government is in QLD works even if the lost the election. My beef is that they lied about the change originally. They were going to win comfortably so why lie in the first place. They would have been better with a 10 seat majority.

First off John, I do owe you an apology for calling you a hypocrite back then. I see it now and didn't see it then. So take that how you want but I have no problems apologising when I am wrong.

No doubt it is impossible to reverse what has been done due to the many factors that you mentioned.

My proposition would be to contact each and every one of those people that were sacked based on lies, and see if they are currently employed. If they have moved on then all is good. If they aren't employed then offer them something that is productive. I know it's airy fairy but why not.

Newman was poison, is now gone and hopefully will not be heard of again. So it doesn't matter if it is said they changed the way the Qld Government works because they did it the wrong way. That is now obvious to me after pondering and listening to this creep for the last few years. Abbott is next, but he is not in the same ballpark as this creep. Abbott is a dickhead but this bloke, well, * me......

You were right.

Yes, let us all stay quiet about our displeasure for Australian politics. That'll fix the issue.

Do you need peace and quiet to cheer lead your team? And would that equate to a worth while contribution I take it?

You can be displeased with Australian politics. Coming to a forum on where an election result has not gone how you wanted and saying "voters are stupid and so are the rest of you who are enjoying a horrible government getting boned" and trolling a topic is not a worthwhile way to show such displeasure.

Labor are not my team either. I would not have voted for them in that election but my preference would have probably fallen to them.

Last edited:

People with a single independent thought in their brain.

Which puts them one independent thought in front of you.
This is not a thread about the problems with Australian politics.
This is not the thread for your childish political views.
You can be displeased with Australian politics. Coming to a forum on it when an election result has not gone a way you wanted it to and saying "voters are stupid and so are the rest of you who are enjoying a horrible government getting boned" and trolling a topic is not a worthwhile to show such displeasure.

Labor are not my team either. I would not have voted for them in that election but my preference would have probably fallen to them.
Gus is a true libertarian. It's all about him.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...roversial-banner/story-fnr8vuu5-1227203359531

Elsewhere, the Samford Farmers Hall has been the site of tension this morning, with the voting booth’s supervising officer forced to remove a man displaying an unauthorised sign that was critical against the LNP.
Supervisor Ken Dagley said the man became “heated and argumentative”
when he asked the man to remove a sign from his ute that read: LNP: Lies Nasty Policy.
The ute was parked directly outside the Main St booth.
“There was a complaint the sign was offensive and unauthorised,” Mr Dagley said.
“The sign was not authorised.
“He contended he was parked legally and we had no jurisdiction.
“It (the exchange) was heated and argumentative.”
The returning officer was called.
“The returning officer had another heated exchange with an individual and the sign was removed and he later drove off.”

Does this mean the thousands of courier mail front pages put up were authorised? Unbelievable.

Grace Grace?

Husband's last name is Grace. Used to be my boss. She's Italian so her real first and middle names are Ignazia Graziella but was known as Grace. Guessing it was a bit of a novelty to keep her first name as Grace when she met her husband.

I knew a guy with the surname Leslie ... you guessed it ... married a woman named Leslie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It boggles the mind to be honest.

Regardless of how poorly the majors perform, idiots still vote for them and cheer them on when they win.

I agree but tell me, where is the real alternative? Everyone else is divided through bickering over how stupid the rest are...

Good point, badly managed stimulus on the cards....lets start up a dodgy pink batts company or similar...........make money there and on my QLD economy short!

The rule of law, cronyism and keeping public assets in public hands - why don't we avoid the fact that Newman is gone and some seats had a 20% swing - totally legitimate to bag labor for a speech in those circumstances _ Labor may not have answers and they might be filled with hacks but it looks like Aussies are not too keen on the LNP agenda either

Yeah but you need to remember that political parties in this day and age of transparent media are so scrutinized that people get sick of parties easy and the vote swings every which way from one to another, who would've thought Abbott could've won a federal election so people are changing their minds and not just sticking to the same "footy team".

Rudd was so on the nose my dog could have won that election. I agree that social media has changed how we see our political parties.

Husband's last name is Grace. Used to be my boss. She's Italian so her real first and middle names are Ignazia Graziella but was known as Grace. Guessing it was a bit of a novelty to keep her first name as Grace when she met her husband.

I knew a guy with the surname Leslie ... you guessed it ... married a woman named Leslie.
^2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back