Western Warriors - 2014/15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So, do we drop Harris? He's certainly well into "had enough chances" territory.

Klinger to open with someone else to slot in at 6? Bosisto obviously can't bowl until his chucking issues are resolved, but he's sitting on 650+ runs at 50 in first grade. Turner another option.

Other than that, you'd think a fit Hogan would come in for Tye? Don't think we can drop Moody after 7 on debut.

If we drop Harris and Klinger opens, who bats 3? Marsh has found form and confidence batting down the order. Do we risk ruining that by pushing him back to 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on the venue for the final ?

The MCG will be unavailable because of the WC. Victoria have said that no other ground in Vic is suitable, so have nominated Bellerive, Hobart.

WA have pointed out a regulation stating that if the side that finishes top does not have a suitable venue in their home state, then the side finishing second can nominate the venue to be used.

I can't see this Shield final being anything but a draw. I can get over the venue change being in Tasmania, and Victoria deserve the perks of coming first - but this constant occurrence of Shield final pitches being flat roads with the intention of increasing the chances of a draw has got to stop. Either bring in neutral curators, or set up regulations that the home curator has to follow. It's a bad look for the game if a 5 day Shield final can't get a result - especially since so much effort went in to producing results with the new points system this season. Only three draws all season (all coincidentally involving WA, although two of the three probably should have been WA wins if we'd bowled better in the final innings) shows that CA is on the right track, but they really need to sort out this business of lifeless pitches for the final.

That inability of us to take that final wicket against SA probably cost us the home final. :(

I don't understand your logic at all. Is there not a neutral curator for this match? So going by what you're saying there's no reason for it to be a flat pitch :drunk:

Good start this morning. Is there a coverage of this game, radio or TV so I am not just following it on Cricinfo ?

I don't understand your logic at all. Is there not a neutral curator for this match? So going by what you're saying there's no reason for it to be a flat pitch :drunk:
Cricket Victoria were able to give him instructions. The Victorian coach was on the radio and explained the process the other day.

The Victorian coach, Greg Shipperd was my teacher in high school. I can imagine the sort of pitch he wants is one he would like to bat on. Excellent defensive player, who scored a great hundred against a top notch West Indies side back in the early 80s. He made Geoff Boycott look like Afridi.

They are scoring at about 3 an over right now. If they keep that up with wickets in hand, they will need to increase later. Get 450 plus on the board and put pressure on the Vics. Perfect start to the match for the Warriors so far.

The Victorian coach, Greg Shipperd was my teacher in high school. I can imagine the sort of pitch he wants is one he would like to bat on. Excellent defensive player, who scored a great hundred against a top notch West Indies side back in the early 80s. He made Geoff Boycott look like Afridi.

They are scoring at about 3 an over right now. If they keep that up with wickets in hand, they will need to increase later. Get 450 plus on the board and put pressure on the Vics. Perfect start to the match for the Warriors so far.

Bat to just before tea tomorrow if we can - hopefully the top order do a great job and allows the likes of Agar and NCN to throw the willow for quick runs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back