Western Warriors - 2014/15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting play by the Victorian here. 135 runs off 44 overs. Already playing for the draw? For shame

They need to change the shield final rules

Should make it the winner has to win the final and if it's a draw it goes off first innings points - I'm tired of draws to win

Check out Victorias run rate against WA's you fool. Almost exactly the same. WA are the ones that need to win the game so maybe you should be having a crack at their batsmen for batting slow...

Rogers seems to be as attacking as he ever gets, while Quiney is struggling to middle it a bit. They have hardly shut the gates though. I found it a very entertaining days cricket.

image.jpg

Disgusting play by the Victorian here. 135 runs off 44 overs. Already playing for the draw? For shame

Should make it the winner has to win the final and if it's a draw it goes off first innings points - I'm tired of draws to win
i cant tell if this is serious or not

Unless I'm missing something here, 135 off 44 is over 3 an over, which is hardly what you'd call shutting up shop, given that only 6 innings' were over 4 an over in the regular season and 15 were under 3 an over of the top 53 scores (that's how many cricinfo has listed), so they're bang on average with the other 32 scores above 270.

Victoria played Queensland in a Final at the Gabba, the best cricket wicket in Australia, from memory Queensland gave us a chance by declaring in the First Innings......at 6/900. This is not new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - WA took 5 for 71 in that first session. Great work. May be too little, too late but terrific to see some life in a game that was drifting to a tame draw.

WA came out of the final with more positives than the Vics. Agar, Whiteman, Bancroft, Harris and Voges all enhanced their reputation for higher honours.

Harris has three centuries before the age of 23 now.

Needs to get rid of the inconsistency but as with Bancroft it looks like Langer is getting rewarded for keeping faith.

He'll become more consistent with age and experience anyway.

The most concerning thing about the final was James Pattinson. I think the national selectors should keep him away from the team for the next 12 months so he can build a proper fitness base.

Harris has three centuries before the age of 23 now.

Needs to get rid of the inconsistency but as with Bancroft it looks like Langer is getting rewarded for keeping faith.

He'll become more consistent with age and experience anyway.

The most concerning thing about the final was James Pattinson. I think the national selectors should keep him away from the team for the next 12 months so he can build a proper fitness base.
He needs to do what all good fast bowlers have done to build fitness - run some roads and harden up. He's been treated with kid gloves and babied, the remodelled action IMO was bullshit - send him to WA for some one on one with DK.

Fair work to your guys... massive year. JL looks a super coach... next in line behind Boof comfortably for me.

What a shame Voges isn't 5 years younger..
Has been remarkable, I'm stoked we won after finishing last last year and I'll admit to thinking we were stuffed. But huge positives for your blokes going forward :thumbsu:

Pretty disappointing really.
The Shield Final is a bit of a joke. I understand that Victoria finished top of the table and they deserve the advantage but there really isnt a point to having a final if one side can bat at 1.5 runs per over and win the shield.

Either don't have a final and let the top of the table team win
Or make the final the determinative factor with a 5 day match (with a 6th day if a result is needed) or something liek that i'm not sure. But these finals are just boring.

Awesome signs for the future of WA cricket today in the first grade final. Josh Inglis (just turned 20) is absolutely belting Gosnells, on 180 at the moment and still going. Clint Hinchcliffe (18 year old, cricket won his services over footy with West Perth) also hitting a ton. And Australian U/19 captain from last year, Jaron Morgan made 30 odd as well. :thumbsu:

Joondalup in an almost unassailable position now at the WACA thanks to these young batsmen.

Big rumours going around that Adam Voges will be in the 17-man squad to tour the West Indies and England!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back