ICC World Cup Group A Game: Aus V Afganistan.

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet you offer no explanation as to why you specifically target Maxwell over everyone else when they all did the same thing, at least maxwell had scored against england beforehand unlike the rest of the batsmen.

The original discussion was why he was in the team and I gave you his recent form to show that the NZ game was more of a blimp then the pattern, you are the one that wants to cut out his games against england and reference his form to 4 months ago and then skip magically to last weekend to suit your agenda.

Seeing as you asked it of me ... following that post, you might as well also ask yourself whether you're blind or deaf or both.

We've already been over, in this thread, his form over about his last 20 games. At some length. The trend is clear.

Meanwhile, in case you haven't worked this out yet, the selectors have indeed dropped someone after the NZ game. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask in that context, as I did (although, again, it seems to have gone right over your head), why Maxwell isn't being dropped as well (or perhaps even instead of him). Watson has been woeful recently but Maxwell hasn't been significantly better, he's clearly not as good a bowler, and his overall ODI career pales into insignificance in comparison.

But, sure, you keep looking at some practice matches that no-one gives a toss about (as I think you even admitted yourself) and magically insert that stuff into all of Maxwell's averages if it makes you feel better. No doubt you're hanging on tenterhooks waiting for him to get some runs against the Afghanis today too!

No reason we can't get close to 400 with the power hitters in the team.
400 would actually be an achievement at the WACA, unlike at the New Zealand postage stamp grounds

Patient 50 from Steve Smith, nothing wrong with that at this stage though. He is showing Shane Watson how a proper number 3 batsman plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And one good score (with a complete, free licence given to him) doesn't warrant keeping him. He has been mediocre for a long period. Not to mention that he's yet another bit-parts all rounder in a team now littered with them.
He's our only genuine spin option. The runs he'll score make him more valuable than Doherty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back