List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picks 21 & 22 intrigues me, I am hoping for some x factor and outside speed / spread. So who can possibly deliver that around there? I hope Degoey slides, Garrlet a chance, Touk Miller is inside with outside pace too.. Maybe Cockatoo? Lamb may possibly be around too..(although more of a medium forward with endurance)

Last edited:
the more I look at who is available for picks 21 and 22 the harder it is to lock down who I would like the club to take. As many posters have stated who they would like I find myself agreeing with them and then realising that I am now up to about 8 players that I want (and should be available) at those picks!!

It won't be easy but as per usual totally back Trout and the team to pick the right players.

I am keen to go with Petracca though - I don't want us to be known as the team that gave him up - like Richmond are with Buddy!!!

I think it will more interesting to see who gets picked at #41. I want us to take Caleb Daniel there if he's still available.

So GWS players out of contract at the end of next year include:

Jeremy Cameron
Adam Treloar
Dylan Shiel
Stephen Coniglio
Devon Smith
Adam Tomlinson
Toby Greene
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Matt Buntine

I think it's fair to say we'll be in the ear of most of them

Reckon we could trade a high pick for them? Our timing for a PP is spectacular ;) as much as I don't like handouts it could be the difference between getting Cameron and not

the more I look at who is available for picks 21 and 22 the harder it is to lock down who I would like the club to take. As many posters have stated who they would like I find myself agreeing with them and then realising that I am now up to about 8 players that I want (and should be available) at those picks!!
I agree. There is a large group of similarly talented players between approx. pick 12-15 and pick 25-28. IMO that is why the Pelican &co. were not fussed about moving 21&22 up higher in order

Don't get me wrong. I currently think that Petracca is the best choice and I hope to hell he lives up to the hype.
But draft picks are a lottery, and rather than rejoicing in the fact that we've recruited a certain superstar ( like many do ) , I will be waiting nervously until he proves himself at the highest level.
Oh wheres the fun in that SaintsSeptember:D
Youve already got the words "Saints" and "September" together in your username, so your obviously an optimist :p
You cant lie in bed X-mas eve thinking "Geez i hope i dont get a crap present tomorrow".
Any draft pick from 1 to 100 can get you a gun, a good player or a spud. But after a crap year weve just given ourselves the chance to get first pick at the best kid in the country.
Dont waste energy on being nervous mate
BE EXCITED
funny-animals-dogs.jpg

So GWS players out of contract at the end of next year include:

Jeremy Cameron
Adam Treloar
Dylan Shiel
Stephen Coniglio
Devon Smith
Adam Tomlinson
Toby Greene
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Matt Buntine

I think it's fair to say we'll be in the ear of most of them
Pick 1&2 for Cameron & Treloar. Thank you and goodnight.

The Geelong board seem pretty surprised that Joel Hamling got delisted.

194 cm, 88 kg, 21 y/o described by their website as a "fast and agile key-position prospect"

Worth a rookie spot as that project KPD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson in an article last night said his future at st Kilda was unclear so must have Legs

Ameet Bains leaving the recruiting part and Pelican apparently leaving.

Will be interesting to see who we try and get as replacements if this happens.

I hope there hasnt been issues after the trade period as i would hate to lose either Pelchin or Bains both doing exceptional jobs!

Lets hope not because it would make extracting any key players from GWS at the end of 2015 considerably less likely !

I think I said it when Carlton were trying to poach Pelch, but I see him as the sort of person who'd stay until his job is done. Maybe the club are pushing him...

I hope we have a backup of his spreadsheet.

Scouting and recruiting and development now is the best it has ever been, and will only get better. The days of wasted top 10 picks are basically over, with injuries the only thing stopping top 10 picks from having good careers.

Mate, watch a Vic Metro game and focus on CP. He is a Rolls Royce and you'll understand the hype.

No offense but people have been telling me that for the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back