List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 20 in a draft is unknown, while JOR is a previous top 10 talent who the club obviously rates. Also, for your dislike of Wright, how many big men do you find with an elite kick, mark, endurance, tap work, speed for height and length? Not too many.

Considering Carlton are extremely keen, he has value.

How is O'Rourke less of an unknown then pick 20 though? What has he done since being drafted to suggest this?

I think we might be committing to Saad in the PSD.

He deserves more than a rookie spot, but for him to go in the National Draft would mean opening up for other teams to poach him.

As a formerly listed AFL player I believe he can just nominate for the PSD/RD combo and we can take him pick 1 there.

No inside info, just thinking out loud.

How is O'Rourke less of an unknown then pick 20 though? What has he done since being drafted to suggest this?
Just on that JOR has a career high of 63sc in all his games and has only reached 20d once

because pick 2 mate

btw i'm with you. saunders and murdoch have done more than JOR, doubt anyone is going argue that they are a top 10 talent.

people are looking at the draft pick number next to his name a bit too much IMO

hes extremely speculative right now

He used to play as a mid as a junior. Been injured since day 1 so he obviously hasn't lived up to his pick 2 potential and been played as a defender. Maybe we want him as a tall mid? Dunno we have a lot of mid sized defenders.

He used to play as a mid as a junior. Been injured since day 1 so he obviously hasn't lived up to his pick 2 potential and been played as a defender. Maybe we want him as a tall mid? Dunno we have a lot of mid sized defenders.

He's a natural midfielder. Very clean hands and very good in traffic. He's a smooth mover but hasn't had a chance to play in GWS's midfield in place of Treloar, Shiel, Coniglio, Whitfield, Ward etc. Easy to see why. GWS's midfield is stacked.

because pick 2 mate

btw i'm with you. saunders and murdoch have done more than JOR, doubt anyone is going argue that they are a top 10 talent.

people are looking at the draft pick number next to his name a bit too much IMO

hes extremely speculative right now
He was rated so highly as a junior that despite his injuries he still went pick 2. Dunno maybe the other expert scouts on here can shed some light but thats gota say something about the type of player he was. Been injured a lot so who knows.

Tall mid? He's listed at 183
Edit: 188

Also here's his junior stats at Calder
image.jpg

I have visions of us trading away pick 1 to GWS for pick 3, which then becomes pick 4 with Melbourne's compo becoming pick 3, then Melbourne trading pick 2 & 40 to the Dogs for 6 & 26

Draft:
GWS - Petracca
Dogs - McCartin
Dees - Brayshaw
StKilda - Wright????
Brisbane - Durdin
Dees - Lever
.... Etc

This is my nightmare.... And it could seriously be our reality. Please tread carefully recruiters & list managers :(

I have visions of us trading away pick 1 to GWS for pick 3, which then becomes pick 4 with Melbourne's compo becoming pick 3, then Melbourne trading pick 2 & 40 to the Dogs for 6 & 26

Draft:
GWS - Petracca
Dogs - McCartin
Dees - Brayshaw
StKilda - Wright????
Brisbane - Durdin
Dees - Lever
.... Etc

This is my nightmare.... And it could seriously be our reality. Please tread carefully recruiters & list managers :(
From the little bit that I have seen and read about Wright I would be more then happy with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't. But the Saints might have rated him in the top 3-5 for that year, and the player we get at 20 this year at 20. I know which one I'd rather have. Players I'd have over JOR that I rate from 16-24 in this draft are Ahern, Miller, Dawson and Nelson. Unless we can take Goddard or Duggan, I'd rather have JOR.

Draft:
GWS - Petracca
Dogs - McCartin
Dees - Brayshaw
StKilda - Wright????
Brisbane - Durdin
Dees - Lever
.... Etc

Don't worry Rors, Stanley, White and Wright in the same forward line is a defender's nightmare as well! ;)

Draft:
GWS - Petracca
Dogs - McCartin
Dees - Brayshaw
StKilda - Wright????
Brisbane - Durdin
Dees - Lever
.... Etc

We wouldn't trade until after FA compo announced.

Wouldn't be upset with Wright.

He's a 200cm forward that tests like a midfielder athletically. If he had played CHF all year instead of the ruck we would be all over him I'd think. He's a Tippett/Roughead type with his flexibilty, athletic ability and aggression. Will be very good.

Nothing close to a nightmare haha

Levi Casboult for your second pick?

Draft:
GWS - Petracca
Dogs - McCartin
Dees - Brayshaw
StKilda - Wright????
Brisbane - Durdin
Dees - Lever
.... Etc

Wouldn't be THAT disappointed if we got Wright. I agreee though, would prefer 1 of McCartin, Petracca or Brayshaw but Wright has some amazing tools already.
203cm, 103kg, will be an absolute beast when he builds up his upper body even more. Elite running ability, 14.5 to 15 beep test from memory, which is huge for a big man. Not only that but he can run through the ruck and because of his size would still be able to dominate. With Wright you have a player who can quite easily become a gun forward AND ruck. For how many players in the AFL can you say that? Of course we won't know until we see him develop at AFL level but I have confidence in that he'll be a very good player.

Imagine you're a defender, let's just say a standard size of 195cm and 95kgs.
You're chosen to match up on Wright. I expect him to put on even more size. Let's just he's up to 203cm and 107kgs. haha.
He's got 8cm and 12kgs on the defender, a longer reach and (assuming) better endurance (or at least breaking even).

Tough match up, very few will be able to hold him when he's completely developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back